Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silverdaz

Penalties

Send for Gallagher, best penalty taker that I can recall at City. I don't think he ever missed one? I loved how he turned his back on goal & then just turned around & banged it into the back of the goal, brilliant!

by far the best penalty taker ive ever seen

Without a doubt

Took some Important pens for us never phased by the pressure completely faerless, the Play Off final pen when Izzet got chopped down sprigs to mind, don't think you could be in a situation with that much pressure on you to score.

I dont think Ulloa is a good choice for pens id rather go with someone like Cambiasso or maybe Vardy

• 11 months later...

So who is our penalty taker now with Nugent gone?

Whoever wins it takes it? Or is there actually a designated taker

Mahrez won his penalty, took it.

Vardy won his penalty, took it.

I'd have thought it was Mahrez if he's on the pitch, and then it's open to anyone if he isn't.

Vardy said no-one else looked ready to step up (or words to that effect) yesterday). In one respect that's a bit weird/concerning (?). On the other hand it shows he has balls and took the reigns of responsibility. 

I can't believe there's not a clearly defined hierarchy of say 5 players to prepare for the eventuality that Mahrez and Ulloa might not be on the pitch.

Used to worry so much about Nugent taking em.

Good pen from Vards yesterday, if you hit it that hard towards side of the goal its so hard to save.

Think we have several capable on the pitch including Vardy Inler Ulloa Mahrez.

Indeed don't know why every player just doesn't smash a penalty like that, shearer did it every time and rarely ever missed. Even if the keeper goes the right way he doesn't get near the ball

Archived