Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

Dunno if it's been mentioned already, but with him going away for the ACOF, what would many of you do if you were in his position?

Obviously, we're all city fans so will be biased. However, with him securing his place now most weeks, at the best standard we've played at since he's been at the club, how many of you would withdraw from the Ghana squad?

Schlupp is on the bench most of the time for Ghana if I remember right, and risks losing his place in the Leicester team for what could be his only season in the top flight. Obviously Mahrez is in a similar situation, but with the probability he will start all of Algeria's games its a different proposition.

With how much we as a club have at stake over the coming month or two, I was just wondering how many of you if you were Schlupp would withdraw?

Can anybody see how narrow he plays, not sure if it's a lack of experience or through instruction. Either way basically playing with nobody down the left, surely we should be looking to get crosses in for Ulloa etc and play to our strengths.

with Riyad drifting Jeff has to remain more regimented and help outr the Cm's as well as try to provide width

22 is not young for a footballer.

lol 22 isn't young? Traditional peak for players is 27-29, he's got 5 years before that, and about 15 years before normal retirement time. 22 is still young - just because the odd player has made a breakthrough earlier doesn't suddenly change that.

lol 22 isn't young? Traditional peak for players is 27-29, he's got 5 years before that, and about 15 years before normal retirement time. 22 is still young - just because the odd player has made a breakthrough earlier doesn't suddenly change that.

So we've got to wait 7 years for Schlupp to start being consistent. Brilliant

So we've got to wait 7 years for Schlupp to start being consistent. Brilliant

Claridge didn't play top flight football until he was 30, after which he went on to score 14 goals and one of the most important in our history. Dickov was 30 the first time he got more than ten goals at that level. Elliott was 28, I think, when he played his first game at this level. Walsh wasn't a success in the PL until he was 31. Lennon 25. Guppy 26 (and he'd had a chance with Newcastle earlier in his career). Our history, or at very least the successful bits of it, are littered with examples of players who didn't come good until they were over 25.

That said, is Schlupp really one of our greater concerns right now? I'd rather see him at left back, but I'd have thought he was one of the first names on the team sheet right now. In fact, you could convincingly argue that he's been our best player over the past month.

schlupp lacks a brain, whether he trains really hard for 2 years, 5 years, 25 years, hits his peak in 6 weeks or not for 20 years you can't gain a brain.

He could do Brain Training on Nintendo DS.

Guest glasgowfox

OMG fabulous from the boy today.....finally gaining a bit of self belief and probably being told to take people on....with composure he could become the real deal....well done son

Archived