Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Francesco Acerbi

So is this guy good enough and is coming in to take someone's place in the starting 11? Or is it another Benny /Hernandez who won't get a look past huth/morgan?

Even though Huth is the superior player I can just never see Morgan being dropped even though Morgan also has the ability to make any other centre back partner look dreadful when set alongside him.

43 minutes ago, Pun said:

Don't know much about this fella. Anyone seen much of him, or know any Sassuolo fans? 

I've watched him, not overly excited. Gets caught flat footed,  Genk vs Sassuolo prime example, lost his man twice and ball watched for Genks first two goals , Leon Bailey skinned him. Good going forward but his mobility is suspect, his positional sense isn't enough to get away with it. Also Italians have a dreadful record in the PL (who've played only in Serie A).

42 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

I've watched him, not overly excited. Gets caught flat footed,  Genk vs Sassuolo prime example, lost his man twice and ball watched for Genks first two goals , Leon Bailey skinned him. Good going forward but his mobility is suspect, his positional sense isn't enough to get away with it. Also Italians have a dreadful record in the PL (who've played only in Serie A).

I remember reading somewhere when Pearson was in charge that we had no scouts in Italy because Walsh and him thought the odds of a player from there making it in the PL was too low. That's why I think Claudio was instrumental in bringing both Benny and inler here. Hopefully this guys more successful then those two.

3 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I remember reading somewhere when Pearson was in charge that we had no scouts in Italy because Walsh and him thought the odds of a player from there making it in the PL was too low. That's why I think Claudio was instrumental in bringing both Benny and inler here. Hopefully this guys more successful then those two.

The players from Serie A that do very well in the PL, tend to be non-Italians eg Coutinho,they're already used to adapting to different leagues and cultures. 

A ball playing centre half from Italy worries me slightly. Serie A is far slower than the Prem and defenders do have a lot more time on the ball. Also, players who do well at the lower clubs tend to be picked up by the Italian big four/five clubs. I know he played for Milan but seems to have missed that boat. 

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

On paper, it's an incredibly risky signing and considering our position, makes little sense at all

We have 3 shit CBs, we need better if we are to survive, whose to say this guy isn't? Makes sense to me!

On 12/20/2016 at 19:45, lcfcnsk said:

His first senior appearance was in 2006, 10 years ago. Funny how people can judge a 10 year playing career in a 3:44 minute youtube compilation of 'best bits'.

I am starting to believe thats actually how the club go about their transfers.

I could put together a 3 minute video and make Schlupp look like Messi and then hopefully some idiot will pay millions.

29 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

His first senior appearance was in 2006, 10 years ago. Funny how people can judge a 10 year playing career in a 3:44 minute youtube compilation of 'best bits'.

I am starting to believe thats actually how the club go about their transfers.

I could put together a 3 minute video and make Schlupp look like Messi and then hopefully some idiot will pay millions.

lol Looking at it the other way.

So in ten years they have only managed to find 3.44 mins of best bits. lollol

25 minutes ago, sylofox said:

lol Looking at it the other way.

So in ten years they have only managed to find 3.44 mins of best bits. lollol

Put together Huths best bits from last season and you'd not have much - good defending is rarely good for the camera, it's solid, consistent and unspectacular.

Archived