Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hernandez

10 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

I like Hernandez, and he hasn't really been played in his natural position often enough. I think he is a capable defender, and at times he's looked assured at RB.

Wouldn't sell another defender, and I'd be inclined to see more of him before I cast judgement on his ability.

+1 to this. He might not be good enough, but he's not had the chance to prove it (at CB). Many of our other players like Gray, Amartey and Musa have all shown improvements when having a run in the team. 

Even if we sign another CB, there is no guarantee they will nail it straight away either, they will need a run in the team. 

Guest CityFan 06
4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

+1 to this. He might not be good enough, but he's not had the chance to prove it (at CB). Many of our other players like Gray, Amartey and Musa have all shown improvements when having a run in the team. 

Even if we sign another CB, there is no guarantee they will nail it straight away either, they will need a run in the team. 

Precisely. 

4 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I don't see what others are seeing in him in terms of technical ability. He couldn't complete a pass against Porto and tends to just play the same long balls that Simpson does.

He looked dodgy when tried at centre back and I really haven't seen any potential in him at all.

I think if we can get a fee for him we'd do well to reinvest into a better quality player. I don't know why we scouted such poor footballers in the position we were in. Hernandez, Musa, Amartey, Slimani. None of them can kick a football really.

Good cast.....lol

It was posted on here that against Porto he was, whilst we were defending a corner, arranging to get a shirt from an opposing player for his collection (and not in the way that Morgan and Huth collect shirts when defending corners).

If true that sends him straight to the bin for me.

Malaga in advanced talks for Leicester defender Lucas Hernandez

Malaga are closing on a deal for Leicester City defender Lucas Hernandez.

El Desmarque says Lucas (:dunno:) has asked Leicester to allow him to return to Spain this month.

A permanent deal for Malaga hasn't been ruled out.

The defender signed for the Foxes last summer from Sporting Gijon.

A loan switch to Malaga is the most likely option for now.

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/malaga-in-advanced-talks-for-leicester-defender-lucas-hernandez-4164149#WjwqWkSm2gS18dos.99

1 minute ago, Koke said:

We loan him out for Malaga and we are solely relying on a 36 year old as back up for our already aging centre backs?

Surely he won't leave unless we have plans to bring in another centre half?

Thinking about it maybe Amartey is ear marked for centre half cover.

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Surely he won't leave unless we have plans to bring in another centre half?

Thinking about it maybe Amartey is ear marked for centre half cover.

I suspect Amartey will play there bit I still think it's totally irresponsible to let Hernandez go and not sign a recognised CB. 

16 minutes ago, Koke said:

We loan him out for Malaga and we are solely relying on a 36 year old as back up for our already aging centre backs?

Id be amazed if we were only sanctioning this deal having no replacement lined up...

Guest CityFan 06

Made me think surely yesterday Hernandez would've been a more suitable option in the back three?

I haven't seen enough of Hernandez to give a full judgement on him, but I still think he's got something about him. He hasn't been used at CB (his natural position) enough, in his few appearances. Although one particular occasion I did see him play at RB in one of our Champions League home games, and he was very good. When we signed him we all described him as the 'ball playing CB' we were looking for. He does look to me like he has ability in possession and decent retention of the ball. 

On 10/01/2017 at 10:46, Shaneb said:

I don't think this has been posted before

http://sportwitness.co.uk/talks-continue-leicester-transfer-going-behind-scenes-months/

Luis Hernandez signed for Leicester City on a free transfer this summer, but not everything has gone according to plan. The Spaniard hasn’t been playing regularly, and reports suggest he could make a quick return to Spain.

According to Marca, Malaga are keen on signing the 27-year-old, as they look to make defensive reinforcements. Malaga’s sporting director Francesc Arnau was close to signing Luis Hernandez last summer, before Leicester came in for him.

He didn’t give up, and it’s claimed Arnau has been working on signing Hernandez from Leicester ‘for months’. Talks are continuing on a potential January move for the player.

However, Marca say ‘sources close to the negotiations’ have told them signing Hernandez could be a little complicated for Malaga, as the player has enjoyed the confidence of Claudio Ranieri in the Champions League. The Spaniard hasn’t featured in the last four league matches for Leicester, but it remains to be seen if he’d be sent on loan.

Hernandez has a contract until 2020 at Leicester and has made 10 appearances so far. He might want to stay at the club at least until the summer rather than giving up so early.

Don't think he's really good enough. He's not tall nor physical enough for a central defender and he's not much of an upgrade from Simpson so when, hopefully, we buy a new right back his chances will be very limited. 

Archived