Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Having a tyre blowout on the way to the new job only on my second week- and not being able to find the wheel locking but so now I'm waiting for the RAC like a pleb and will be lucky to get to work before home time.

I'm sure they'll be fine about it but it's embarrassing as fvck.

11 minutes ago, Hollism said:

Having a tyre blowout on the way to the new job only on my second week- and not being able to find the wheel locking but so now I'm waiting for the RAC like a pleb and will be lucky to get to work before home time.

I'm sure they'll be fine about it but it's embarrassing as fvck.

Feel for you, I blew my tyre on the A1 in pouring rain about a month ago.

12 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The 'Park' Christmas adverts.

Yes, trying to get in new customers to sign up and buy etc, but at 9 months early advertising now?

You know what their business is don't you? The whole idea is to save money with them throughout the year so when xmas arrives you have plenty of cash to get stuff with.

• Like 2

My wife.

I'm apparently a "selfish git" and should "f**k off upstairs", because I need to spend the rest of the day finishing an assignment for a professional qualification I'm doing. Because I didn't adequately forewarn the wife of my intentions for the day, this apparently makes me bang out of order. 

This is despite the fact I've been banging on for ages about how I need to get this finished and how, at some point, I need some time away from childcare and generally being bossed around.

49 minutes ago, BornBlue said:

My wife.

I'm apparently a "selfish git" and should "f**k off upstairs", because I need to spend the rest of the day finishing an assignment for a professional qualification I'm doing. Because I didn't adequately forewarn the wife of my intentions for the day, this apparently makes me bang out of order. 

This is despite the fact I've been banging on for ages about how I need to get this finished and how, at some point, I need some time away from childcare and generally being bossed around.

Dear BB

As you have rightly said you did not forewarn your wife of your intentions so, therefore, she is well within her rights to tell you to f**k off upstairs and you are indeed a a selfish git.   I would also add you have a tendency to whine a lot which needs to be knocked out of you sooner rather than later.

Yours

Deidre CF. 

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Dear BB

As you have rightly said you did not forewarn your wife of your intentions so, therefore, she is well within her rights to tell you to f**k off upstairs and you are indeed a a selfish git.   I would also add you have a tendency to whine a lot which needs to be knocked out of you sooner rather than later.

Yours

Deidre CF. 

I will sit upstairs and think long and hard about what I've done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BornBlue said:

My wife.

Meh. Par for the course, mate. Once a month I turn into the reincarnation of Adolph Hitler.

Just roll with it.

Probably since about Christmas time I've started to notice that I'm putting things down and forgetting where I've put them (phone, glasses, paperwork, vape stick etc.) I'm also walking into a rooms for a reason and then forgetting why I walked into the room. I'm only in my mid forties but I'm starting to feel like I'm losing it a bit. 

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Probably since about Christmas time I've started to notice that I'm putting things down and forgetting where I've put them (phone, glasses, paperwork, vape stick etc.) I'm also walking into a rooms for a reason and then forgetting why I walked into the room. I'm only in my mid forties but I'm starting to feel like I'm losing it a bit. 

It might be what you're putting in your vape stick, Izzy.. :whistle:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Buce said:

It might be what you're putting in your vape stick, Izzy.. :whistle:

lol I wouldn't mind if I was pissed or high!

It can happen at any time of the day and for no apparent reason. I know these type of things happen to 'old' people, but I'm not THAT old FFS!!

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

lol I wouldn't mind if I was pissed or high!

It can happen at any time of the day and for no apparent reason. I know these type of things happen to 'old' people, but I'm not THAT old FFS!!

Speaking as one who is a little older, I've had times when I couldn't remember things.  I can relate to the walking into a room and forgetting why I went in there, I've been doing that for years but it's an occasional problem rather than one that recurs all the time.  The worst case of memory loss I experienced was over ten years ago when I got off the train after commuting home and couldn't remember where I lived.  Sounds unbelievable but its true.  I remembered which direction I had to go after leaving the station and after a minute or so it all came flooding back.

I was worried enough about my occasional memory loss to take an Alzheimer's test which showed that I was free from that condition.  I still get the odd memory loss, most notably when I walk into a room then remember I should have done something in that room that I'd previously forgotten, I then do it by which time I've forgotten why I went in there in the first place.  I've developed a mental checklist where I look at objects within the room and suddenly one sparks my memory and I'm back on track.

Despite these issues which I put down to the ageing process I try to remain mentally alert by puzzle-solving (mostly crosswords).  I accept that I'm not going to retain the mental acuity of my youth but I'm determined to keep my brain working as well as I can for as long as I can.

One last point - are you on statins?  No need to reply but statins reduce cholesterol, and I believe cholesterol is used to aid brain function.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I started doing that at that sort of age. Very irritating, particularly when I can't remember where I parked the car.

I've no idea where I left the dog.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

Speaking as one who is a little older, I've had times when I couldn't remember things.  I can relate to the walking into a room and forgetting why I went in there, I've been doing that for years but it's an occasional problem rather than one that recurs all the time.  The worst case of memory loss I experienced was over ten years ago when I got off the train after commuting home and couldn't remember where I lived.  Sounds unbelievable but its true.  I remembered which direction I had to go after leaving the station and after a minute or so it all came flooding back.

I was worried enough about my occasional memory loss to take an Alzheimer's test which showed that I was free from that condition.  I still get the odd memory loss, most notably when I walk into a room then remember I should have done something in that room that I'd previously forgotten, I then do it by which time I've forgotten why I went in there in the first place.  I've developed a mental checklist where I look at objects within the room and suddenly one sparks my memory and I'm back on track.

Despite these issues which I put down to the ageing process I try to remain mentally alert by puzzle-solving (mostly crosswords).  I accept that I'm not going to retain the mental acuity of my youth but I'm determined to keep my brain working as well as I can for as long as I can.

One last point - are you on statins?  No need to reply but statins reduce cholesterol, and I believe cholesterol is used to aid brain function.

Thanks for your reply mate. Helping my 10 year old daughter with her maths homework helps me remain mentally alert! lol

And funnily enough yes, I am on statins. I've been on them for over 30 years as my high cholesterol level is hereditary. I never considered this so I'll look into it - thanks.

I'm also on steroids at the moment for my Crohn's disease and injecting myself with some new wonder drug, so I wonder if that might also be linked? I also take a lot of codeine for pain relief so never even thought about side effects of all this medication!

Thanks again :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

I started doing that at that sort of age. Very irritating, particularly when I can't remember where I parked the car.

I've no idea where I left the dog.

Yep, that too!!!

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Come to think of it, we don't have a dog.

lol

People who comment on BBC Sport articles (named Have your say or HYS) with comments such as 'ANOTHER HYS on Man Utd???'. They really need to get a life if they are bothered about an online article having a comments section.

The roads.

What am I paying road tax for? What is my money going on?

Because it ain't the roads, all they do is cost me more money for tyres, suspension and other things that go wrong due to disgraceful road surfaces. 

The amount of swerving I do to try and avoid pot holes it's a wonder I ain't crashed into someone else or been pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving.

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

The roads.

What am I paying road tax for? What is my money going on?

Because it ain't the roads, all they do is cost me more money for tyres, suspension and other things that go wrong due to disgraceful road surfaces. 

The amount of swerving I do to try and avoid pot holes it's a wonder I ain't crashed into someone else or been pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving.

http://www.thetaxguide.co.uk/what-does-road-tax-pay-for.html