Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Vaping... specifically, people who Vape in their cars with their windows open and look like a steam train. It looks ridiculous, you don't look "cool".

What would you suggest doing instead of blowing it out of the window? 

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Not sure anyone Vapes because they think it looks cool. Weird thing to assume. 

From what I've seen some people do and a lot of the shops / advertising is aimed at people based on a "look" / "lifestyle". Which oddly seems a lot about making as much smoke as possible.

People used to / still do smoke because it looked "cool" that was how they used to aim smoking advertising because they know it worked.

Just an example I noticed on FB in the last few days...

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 12.39.48.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 12.39.09.png

Edited by Babylon

3 minutes ago, stix said:

What would you suggest doing instead of blowing it out of the window? 

Smoking before or at the end or your journey, novel idea.  If it's against the law to eat, it should be against the law to smoke.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Smoking before or at the end or your journey, novel idea.  If it's against the law to eat, it should be against the law to smoke.

Well it isn't illegal to eat & drive. It's is against the law to smoke if there are under 18's in the car though, which it should be. 

I do think it's not too long before vaping is banned whilst driving though, the amount of vapour produced from some mods is verging on the ridiculous and could be seen as a danger to drivers and other road users. 

Vaping... specifically, people who Vape in their cars with their windows open and look like a steam train. It looks ridiculous, you don't look "cool".

For me and most other vapers, it's probably more about being addicted to nicotine than looking cool I'd suggest...

1 minute ago, stix said:

Well it isn't illegal to eat & drive. It's is against the law to smoke if there are under 18's in the car though, which it should be.

Well that told me :D

Where the hell did all those stories about being getting done for eating come from then a few years back!

1 minute ago, stix said:

I do think it's not too long before vaping is banned whilst driving though, the amount of vapour produced from some mods is verging on the ridiculous and could be seen as a danger to drivers and other road users. 

Are they made to produce that much on purpose, some seem ludicrous!

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

For me and most other vapers, it's probably more about being addicted to nicotine than looking cool I'd suggest...

Smoking advertising for years was about "lifestyle" for a reason, people were sold the idea of looking cool. Of course the end game of those companies is to get you hooked though.

Strange that the ones I see producing the most smoke, more often than not tick a lot of boxes in terms of the people they are. I'm not talking the odd puff of smoke, I'm talking the ones that produce an ridiculous amount. Modded car - Tick, loud music - tick, trying to look a bit "bad boy" - tick, more smoke than a steam train - tick.

Just now, Babylon said:

Well that told me :D

Where the hell did all those stories about being getting done for eating come from then a few years back!

Are they made to produce that much on purpose, some seem ludicrous!

If the copper thinks that by you eating whatever it is your eating is amount to careless driving then they can do you. It's at their discretion but technically not illegal. 

Yeah some mods mods produce up to 2-300W which means you can put really low resistance coils in your tank that in turn means when you fire the mod it heats the coils to a really high temperature really quickly, which then burn the juice at a faster rate so more vapour is produced each time.  There's actually a bit of science to it when you get into it! 

Just now, stix said:

If the copper thinks that by you eating whatever it is your eating is amount to careless driving then they can do you. It's at their discretion but technically not illegal. 

Yeah some mods mods produce up to 2-300W which means you can put really low resistance coils in your tank that in turn means when you fire the mod it heats the coils to a really high temperature really quickly, which then burn the juice at a faster rate so more vapour is produced each time.  There's actually a bit of science to it when you get into it! 

So people are actively altering their vape to create more smoke?

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Smoking advertising for years was about "lifestyle" for a reason, people were sold the idea of looking cool. Of course the end game of those companies is to get you hooked though.

Strange that the ones I see producing the most smoke, more often than not tick a lot of boxes in terms of the people they are. I'm not talking the odd puff of smoke, I'm talking the ones that produce an ridiculous amount. Modded car - Tick, loud music - tick, trying to look a bit "bad boy" - tick, more smoke than a steam train - tick.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

IT'S NOT SMOKE IT'S WATER VAPOR!!! lol

Yes, the cool kids can adjust their devices to generate more 'smoke' if they want to. I agree it looks daft and it they're just doing it for effect then they're just twats really...

P.S. I puff away on my modest vape stick driving in the slow lane in my old banger with Dire Straights on low volume, so don't really fit the profile :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

IT'S NOT SMOKE IT'S WATER VAPOR!!! lol

Yes, the cool kids can adjust their devices to generate more 'smoke' if they want to. I agree it looks daft and it they're just doing it for effect then they're just twats really...

P.S. I puff away on my modest vape stick driving in the slow lane in my old banger with Dire Straights on low volume, so don't really fit the profile :thumbup:

Smoke is easier to write than water vapor, so I'll stick that that!

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well the mods they buy are adjustable voltage mods, they're not modding them themselves they are made that way. 

For me personally, the e cig pens you have seen wouldn't have got me off the fags, they just don't produce enough of a 'hit' for me, psychologically I needed to physically see smoke coming from my mouth when I was vaping for my brain to accept that vaping was just as satisfying as smoking, if you know what I mean. 

Vaping seems to have become a bit hipster recently for some people, but it's worked for me. And because I make my own juice it probably costs me 10p a day to vape instead of £9 a day for 20 fags!!

• Like 1

I hope the next time babylon goes out in his car he's gonna drive to the shop and buy a massive packet of biscuits, 5 chocolate bars, some maltesers, haribos and a big pack of walkers and stuff his face because he feels liberated 

Edited by Wookie

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

From what I've seen some people do and a lot of the shops / advertising is aimed at people based on a "look" / "lifestyle". Which oddly seems a lot about making as much smoke as possible.

People used to / still do smoke because it looked "cool" that was how they used to aim smoking advertising because they know it worked.

Just an example I noticed on FB in the last few days...

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 12.39.48.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 12.39.09.png

Pretty sure that's just people trying to sell their product.

I don't know anyone personally that vapes that didn't previously smoke, don't think they vape to look cool they just trying to smoke less.

I gave up smoking in November - I vape a Guardian 3 pipe. I only now vape when I have a beer which is 2-3 times a week. I do know a fair few young people though that don't smoke but have taken up vaping which is sad but probably better than smoking like many of us did when we were teenagers.

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Pretty sure that's just people trying to sell their product.

Appreciate that, but they are obviously aiming their marketing at the "lifestyle" market, compared to the STOP SMOKING YOU'RE GOING TO DIE market. Just ties in with what I've seen across a lot of social media, with lots of people doing the posy lots of smoke pictures and a certain type of person chugging along in their car.

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't know anyone personally that vapes that didn't previously smoke, don't think they vape to look cool they just trying to smoke less.

I'm aware it's a minority, I'm not trying to suggest it's everyone who vapes, 'm not insane.... but they are out there.

Oh yeah that's fantastic marketing that is, "vape our stuff so you get less cancer" because everyone knows how effective health warnings are when selling tobacco.

People don't want to be preached to.

What's more popular, nicotine patches - styled as a medical aid - or vaping, styled as cool?

Don't you actually work in marketing, Babs?

The way English football fans are treated in the media.

The backlash from the game in Dortmund last week has been incredible. Nobody got into any sort of fight, streets were not smashed up, nobody got hurt but they're supposedly an embarrassment and a disgrace because they sang a few old songs about the war and our freedom.

26 minutes ago, Danizen said:

Just met the new boss and I had something in my eye so I inadvertently winked as I shook his hand. 

He winked back.

I thought this kind of thing only happens in shit sitcoms. 

lol quality!

Nothing like an accidental overly familiar first impression with the new boss mate. Good skills :thumbup:

Appreciate that, but they are obviously aiming their marketing at the "lifestyle" market, compared to the STOP SMOKING YOU'RE GOING TO DIE market. Just ties in with what I've seen across a lot of social media, with lots of people doing the posy lots of smoke pictures and a certain type of person chugging along in their car.

Not really - there's a bit of a wink and a nudge aspect to it. You can't really market it as a NRT product, (quoting from the ASA: "Ads must not contain health or medicinal claims, unless the product is authorised for those purposes by the MHRA. Claims that smoking e-cigarettes is healthier than smoking tobacco, risk free or harmless are likely, therefore, to be problematic (rule 22.5)") so there's the marketing as if it were a lifestyle product with the implicit "substitute for smoking" behind it. The biggest consumer base is still the ex smoker.