Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

"But your arm's come off"

"TIS BUT A SCRATCH!"

OK, OK, but I had been drinking and taking medicine, quoting from memory.

Tis but a slip of thought.

You will most likely stay being a boring pedantic,

me..I am now sober, slipping pills like maltezers and enjoying the antics of my fellow man... :)

Im actually not so sure of this any more. Theoretically i agree but Rooney has declined so sharply and it has been so plain for everyone to see i think Hodgson is already struggling badly to get him in. If this carries on for another 5 months i think Rooney's inclusion (in the starting XI, not the squad) would be met with media scorn and fan outrage.

The bloke's fvcking muck now and there's very little denying it.

But there lies the problem doesn't it. He's struggling to get him in, but he's still shoehorning him in...Why? How?

Woy - Put your foot down, grow some balls, make a point and play players regardless of whoever they play for who are on bloody form.

It's not a case of 'let's give it another 5 months' make a statement of intent now, it might even make other players sit up and listen and give them a kick up the backside, to see a player like Rooney, one of the undroppables dropped would make everyones place uncertain and want/need to perform.

A couple of different people have told me that Vardys booked in for an operation after the Bournemouth game. Anyone else heard anything?

He's  still  got his wrist bandaged up maybe that's  not healing and it needs to be pinned.

But there lies the problem doesn't it. He's struggling to get him in, but he's still shoehorning him in...Why? How?

Woy - Put your foot down, grow some balls, make a point and play players regardless of whoever they play for who are on bloody form.

It's not a case of 'let's give it another 5 months' make a statement of intent now, it might even make other players sit up and listen and give them a kick up the backside, to see a player like Rooney, one of the undroppables dropped would make everyones place uncertain and want/need to perform.

LVG's had the balls to drop him.

This is a long shot but if you had the option either going for a championship striker in Andre Gray for England or an out form Rooney. Who would you go for?

For us, Andre Gray any day. He'll be playing in the Prem before long.

• 1 month later...

Why didn't we try to sign Andre Gray? Just curious. I suppose he would have wanted a move to a "bigger" club, perhaps?

His pace seems to be + 

Gray had already played for two clubs this season, and you can't play for more than two in one season.

Nobody could have signed him. Well maybe they could, but he couldn't play.

Archived