Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Yohan Benalouane

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

Bombscare Benny isn't always awful, only when he unpredictably loses his head and goes rogue.

He is a bombscare though, remember Kane turning him with ease because his positioning is terrible and his judgement on heading, overhead kicks and diving tackles is sometimes so bad it is like that of a drunkard.

Strangely though, he can have the occasional good game :dunno:

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Terrible defending from Benny for Belgiums third. ?

57 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

And the fourth

19 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Fifth goal was completely his fault.

He only came on when it was 2-1. lol

• Haha 3

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 05:01, Gerard said:

I'd like to know who pushed for the signing as it looks as dodgy now as it did at the time. 

But ... but ...  who could resist ?

DFS.JPG.b7ea6857ff32a3c6ea7fc19c7c628018.JPG

4 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Looked as if he was in a daze. Sorry big guy, time to move on.

It's been time for Benny to move on for about 2 years to be fair.

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

It's been time for Benny to move on for about 2 years to be fair.

I can't believe we signed him in the first place.

He signed for Atlanta for €1m and then a year later signed for us for €8m after being voted one of the worst players in Serie A, 330th best player in Serie A that year IIRC. He was 28yo as well so it's hardly like we were signing potential either. The whole signing never made sense and his performances here have been entirely predictable. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He signed for Atlanta for €1m and then a year later signed for us for €8m after being voted one of the worst players in Serie A, 330th best player in Serie A that year IIRC. He was 28yo as well so it's hardly like we were signing potential either. The whole signing never made sense and his performances here have been entirely predictable. 

Brown envelope job. Somebody made some cash somewhere.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Well, Premier League teams tend to pay over the odds by default because agents and (for instance) Serie A clubs know we've got the money and that they can rinse us if we're keen on a player. Nothing new there.

Benalouane was a Ranieri signing, wasn't he? And if I'm not mistaken, we bought him in his first out of a five-year deal with Atalanta, so that adds weight to the transfer fee also.

38 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Well, Premier League teams tend to pay over the odds by default because agents and (for instance) Serie A clubs know we've got the money and that they can rinse us if we're keen on a player. Nothing new there.

Benalouane was a Ranieri signing, wasn't he? And if I'm not mistaken, we bought him in his first out of a five-year deal with Atalanta, so that adds weight to the transfer fee also.

None of that explains why we signed him though. He’s distinctly average.