Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

CO8Im1-WgAAxY_g.jpg

CO83rtHVAAAmLCA.jpg

Who would have thought a year ago that Riyad would be let alone any Leicester player would be tabled that high above the likes of Bale,Ronaldo etc what the difference a year makes !!

And what's good about that table is the fact that we are the only EPL team in that list of super clubs !!

Dare we say that we are becoming a global brand where a few years ago no one would likely have heard of us let alone put any of our players in the same table as Messi Bale Ronaldo and all and to all those players who turned us down saying we weren't big enough well kiss our royal blue ass !! lol

He's basically priceless for us at the moment. Even if we got a ridiculous offer for him, we're not going to be able to replace him. Money only goes so far, as we saw with Aranguiz. I'd like to think we wouldn't sell for any price, unless he was desperate to leave.

We couldn't replace him with 15-20 million, he is worth far more... sterling went for 49mill. That is the type of player we would need to be looking at to even come close to a replacement

Think that's a good comparison - who's better Mahrez or Sterling.

Perhaps on same quality level, plus Mahrez doesn't dive much/fake injuries (albeit one ridiculous one against Villa).

To play him against Arsenal or not... Hmm

He was very good in both games against them last year and even though Wenger wants him I don't think they are tactical enough to snuff him out. They'll let him and us have a lot of the ball and I think this time around he'll have end product and we'll beat them.

The Premier League seems to bring out the best in certain players every season, it creates super stars out of nowhere it can seem. Let's hope it continues for Riyad as he's gone to the next level and it really feels like we have a world beater on our books. I said at the time, that new deal was such good news for the club and it almost got lost amongst the hysteria of a lack of new signings but it's turning out to be the most important so far.

It's like what people said, he isn't replaceable. Who could we possibly attract who would have the same affect as riyad without costing 15m+? Would they even want to come Leicester? Probably not. I hope we can hold on to him for at least this entire season.

ryad boudebouz will be an under-radar replacement for him, will cost max 2millions, plays for algeria as well, street gifted skills as well, can be available even on january. left footed as mahrez and can play right/center/left offensive mid, never played in england so the change from french ligue 1 montpellier to PL can boost him up.

just talking.

My only concern right now is any possible release clause inserted in his contract in the summer. At the time of signing that new deal Mahrez was seen as a gifted player with potential but not yet performed consistently. We knew what he meant to us as a club but could his agent have managed to convince us to a reasonable release clause of say £15 million. If so, that figure will seem painfully low if he continues this explosive season he's having come January or the summer. I'm hoping this is a needless concern but I could just see it being our luck that the one world class player we've unearthed manages to leave for way under his true value.

IIRC, the first report of him signing a new contract was from some Algerian Football news Twitter with like a couple hundred followers. A Leicester one with more followers then tweeted the same with a follow up tweet saying NO release clause but the club would consider selling. Then a few days later, the official Twitter.

I've been singing this all afternoon for some reason at work;

He came from France to be a blue,

Mahrez, Mahrez,

He goes past one, he goes past two

Mahrez, Mahrez

He gets the ball, he skins them all, 

Mahrez is unstoppable

Riyad Mahrez Leicester's 26

Unsure where that came from. Tune is to Liverpool's old Torres song if you can't work it out.

I've been singing this all afternoon for some reason at work;

He came from France to be a blue,

Mahrez, Mahrez,

He goes past one, he goes past two

Mahrez, Mahrez

He gets the ball, he skins them all,

Mahrez is unstoppable

Riyad Mahrez Leicester's 24

Unsure where that came from. Tune is to Liverpool's old Torres song if you can't work it out.

Like it! Although I think he's 26

Archived