Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

40-50m? What the hell? He's in great form and has bags of potential but that sort of money is way off the mark of his transfer value at the min. He's not captain of Real Madrid with 50 caps to his name. Yes he's a great player one of the most exciting we have seen here for years and if he keeps improving then who knows how far he can go,but 50m? Behave yourself. His market value at the min would be between 10-20m max. Not that we need to or should sell him. But if he continues to grab the headlines and a top club does come in for him in Jan then i think the club would find it hard to deny him the opportunity. But his fee would be nowhere near 50M today. 

If he continues as he is, then £30-40m honestly isn't that unrealistic come the end of the season, if you get the right club or a couple of clubs bidding. At the moment he's more in the £20m bracket, but we wouldn't accept that.

Value is also based on how replaceable he is, which at the moment would not be very easy at all, so his price just goes up and up & up.

Indeed, as I said earlier he has the x-factor (really don't like saying that because of the shit tv programme), something that doesn't come along very often. Who else is there that can do what he does with the ball?

People like your Walcotts, Sterlings are very good players, but they rely heavily on pace. There aren't many players around, especially in this league that can do what he can do. That makes him quite unique.

He'll never be his level so it's a bit silly to even compare, but as I watched him in the second half on Saturday it reminded me a bit of when Ronaldo clicked at united on the wing and was just taking the piss out of people at will with his skill and pace. He doesn't have his pace, athleticism or finishing ability to ever get close to him sadly. It was just so rare to see someone look like they were on another level skill wise, it reminded me of it a little.

Yer but he isn't a big name from Europe so he can't be as good as Hazard. How dare you suggeSt that someone who plays for Leicester City is as good as a player that was MASSIVE for some foreign team. Shame on you! lol

You do realise that Hazard has been playing for Chelsea for 3 seasons scoring 37 league goals and getting the player of the year award? So pretty good in our league too!

Four very good matches doesn't get him to that level just yet! Lets see at the end of the season.

@OptaJoe: 60 - Leicester have completed the joint-most dribbles in the PL this season but have also made the fewest passes. Playground.

wasn't sure where to put it but great stat and probably relevant to our riyad haha

Arsenal can go and do one keep putting out the news that they're interested in him trying to unsettle him before we take them on in a couple of weeks!!

Riyad is a little gem who has really found his form and now makes him hot property,a few years ago and City would be rubbing their hands together at the thought of the amount of money they could make but long gone are the days we need to sell our best players as were financially far more better off!

At last were not having to be a selling club we have great owners who have the cash and ambition to turn us into a top 10 PL Club.

And unfortunately as we are doing so well it won't go away that the bigger clubs will be coveting our top players !!

poor arsenal, he was available for them but they hesitated last year, they know he's gonna be to expensive in january.

He really needs his own chant now. Someone much better at creating football chants than me needs to come up with a diamond. 

Someone on here ages ago came up with a good one I thought. To the tune of the Adams family, something like:

He crosses and he passes,

he dribbles and harasses,

puts players on their asses,

he's better than Suarez,

Riyad Mahrez

I've been singing a version of the Seamus Colemans song for Mahrez:

half a mill half a mill Riyad Mahrez

half a mill half a mill I swear

half a mill half a mill riyad mahrez

the best money we have ever spent

Not factually correct I know, as it was less around 400k but it doesn't fit that way.

One of my students just sent me this attachment.

edit can't post the image for some reason!

It's from who scored.com and has Mahrez as number 1 in the top ten rated european players above Bale, Nolito, Ronaldo and Messi.

Has Riyad arrived?

Archived