Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr The Singh

The Mrs telling me I spend too much time on Foxestalk Thread

Excellent,I posted the other week when I laughed about something Una put in the " Tinder Thread" and had a few minutes explaining that it wasn't me on Tinder.

I think the other halves need to realise that Foxestalk isn't coming between us, it's what's keeping us together.

If I didn't have Foxestalk it would be endless soaps, what what's her face said at work, the 10 year old step-daughter showing me her latest dance routine, handbags, shoes, where we've got to be this weekend, etc, etc.

I don't think I could take it

I tell myself off for being on too much. For me its Google page, Twitter FoxesTalk FB couple of games either login for bonus or play then back to FT. Sometimes makes me late for important things like the pub. Even fall behind with housework. At least you guys don't have that problem with a missus about.

That is what I was hoping for, or claridge.

Who was the woman on the transfer forum who got really arsey about trivial things like pronunciation, and then turned it into a big sexist debate?

haha dunno but she claimed every post i made was sexist or racist. women ey. 

I think the other halves need to realise that Foxestalk isn't coming between us, it's what's keeping us together.

If I didn't have Foxestalk it would be endless soaps, what what's her face said at work, the 10 year old step-daughter showing me her latest dance routine, handbags, shoes, where we've got to be this weekend, etc, etc.

I don't think I could take it

Spot on. I sometimes feel guilty and go downstairs, only to sit silently gawping at wife and daughter as they gawp at Hollyoaks or to be faced with daughterly gadget obsessions and wifely angst about health, diet or what other mothers might think of her.

Plus, working from home and having been nearly 40 when we moved to Leicester, all my good friends live elsewhere. I rarely get out with the Missus, am up and down to London all the time to help my now decrepit and miserable Dad and have been ordered off the booze for health reasons. FoxesTalk is probably one of the few things keeping me sane!

The wife is a nice enough person to appreciate this (and doesn't want to see too much of me, after 20 years, let's be honest!). Plus, working self-employed from home, I do much of my FoxesTalk gabbing during the day, just running down the family finances by not working.....so that's alright then!  :D

Mind you, I bet SamCam wishes her husband's secret vice had been something as trivial as obsessive forum chat.... lol

Its got to the stage that I go to some middle of the road homepage (BBC News/BBC Sport, etc) when I finish on Foxestalk so tbat when my browser is reopened is doesnt come up first, purely to avoid the 'you spent too much time on that site' conversations.

I didn't have any problems with coming on here as soon as I woke this morning.

The wifey ain't speaking to me anyway.

We were playing Dr's and nurses in the bedroom last night.

Didn't go too well, especially when I diagnosed her as being clinically obese.  :blush:

Guys,

last night the wife had a dig at me that I spend too much time on this forum and I ignore her and the kids.  

She mentioned stuff like  'you get up first thing in the morning, and the first thing you do is go on foxestalk....blah, blah, blah'

I was just wondering whether other people get grief, etc etc

I just tell her its helping with my learning. Fantastic helpful buddies like you and Buce correcting any grammatical or spelling mistakes

Thanks Guys your amazing.xxxxxxxxxxxx

I wouldnt say its foxestalk. Reality is people are obsessed with media of any kind. I try to limit my time online so i can spend quality time interacting with family etc. If a spouse points it out to you maybe you should listen. But they also need to not say something and do the opposite.

I dont use Twitter or facebook. Just another way to get fired from a job lol.

But its tough when u love footy so much to sty off the site.

Family always comes first (unless you hate them).

I've had a few comments about my "internet friends", and quizzical looks as I'm furiously composing a cutting response to someone daring to question my latest well crafted post.

What she doesn't understand is that in the 6 years since I signed up, I have lived in 2 different countries, 6 different cities, 9 different houses, had 4 girlfriends, 6 different jobs, just about to start number 7 (the reason why I'm posting more at the moment, just seeing out my notice).

One of the few constants in my life has been this forum, despite sabbaticals, reducing the amount of time I spend on here, a few flounces and being proclaimed dead, I just can't quite quit, I would miss the likes of Babylon and DavieG on the main forum and MattP and Ken on the General chat, even though I have got into arguments with all of them at one point.

I do try not to come on here too much when I'm with my missus though, as I get annoyed when she is focussing on her phone (facebook/Candy Crush) when she's with me, but sometimes you have just got to put your priorities in order ;)

Argue with DavieG? You sir, are a cad and a bounder!

My wife has never brought up the subject.

when i had a bird she occasionally questioned why the hell anyone would give a fvck about "how my day was" or "what i was listening to" an i explained that i was 90% sure nobody actually did but i didnt have much else to do to avoid having to speak to her 

I'll be sat at home reading my phone and then I'll just start laughing at something on here, mostly something from the tinder thread.

The Mrs will say "what's funny"

"Oh nothing it doesn't matter"

Laughing about something one of your internet friends has said

"Yeah" then just carry on looking at my phone.

Archived