Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

I LOVE CLAUDIO.

Claudio is enjoying his time here, inherited a good team, great owners, awesome supporters.

I think he looks relaxed when interviewed and there's no pressure on Claudio

We're playing good football, long may this continue

His reputation was damaged taking that Greece job, unfairly, because since he left Greece have still been awful. This job really is reviving him and he is starting to get a lot of respect back. Those predictions for us to finish 20th were just absolutely brain dead

Aw, bless him. I remember thinking years ago that he was one of those guys you'd love to see do well in football. Hopefully with Leicester he can stretch his success out over a longer period than he's been allowed to at other clubs in recent years.

Sadly doesn't get the respect he deserves for this season. Honestly feel that some in the industry think he's just a too old. Out of touch Italian bafoon. Again feel if he was English or British would be heralded as a tactical genius and coach. Not a foreign clown.

Long may it continue. It just shows how little the so called football journalist know about football. He's actually the equivalent of a university professor. Seen it all and has most of the tea shirts to prove it.

He know how to set up teams and has proved he knows how to adapt to opposition tactics. Long may the journalist underrate him while we reap the benefits.

I had the most wonderful dream last night ........

In my dream I had woken up one sunny morning. I could smell bacon from the kitchen. I walked down stairs to see Claudio frying some bacon for me.

I asked mum where dad was?

'He's your dad' she replied.

Best. Dream. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the most wonderful dream last night ........

In my dream I had woken up one sunny morning. I could smell bacon from the kitchen. I walked down stairs to see Claudio frying some bacon for me.

I asked mum where dad was?

'He's your dad' she replied.

Best. Dream. Ever.

Amazing.  :D

Another bit of credit for Ranieri here... since the Arsenal game he's really tightened up our defence without losing the attacking threat. We do still concede but they aren't down to shite positioning or poor organisation (with the exception of two set piece goals), they're generally coming from silly mistakes. We're more organised than we were, that's for sure. Replacing Schlupp and De Laet with Fuchs and Simpson has helped us no end.

Another bit of credit for Ranieri here... since the Arsenal game he's really tightened up our defence without losing the attacking threat. We do still concede but they aren't down to shite positioning or poor organisation (with the exception of two set piece goals), they're generally coming from silly mistakes. We're more organised than we were, that's for sure. Replacing Schlupp and De Laet with Fuchs and Simpson has helped us no end.

And that's not to be underestimated, it's absolutely massive.

Teams who concede 1.5 goals per game never win anything, they entertain and flatter to deceive when they're on a winning run.

The stat that we haven't conceded in open play for six games since we brought Fuchs and Simpson in as our full backs is phenomenal and not to be underestimated. I also remember a stat when we went until February one season before a headed goal was scored against us. IIRC it was 5,5" John Beresford for Newcastle headed it as well when we had Walsh, Elliot, Taggart as centre halves.

If we can start conceding about 0.5 - 0.8 goals per game then we will be title challengers. The evidence of the last six games of not conceding in open play may be just a favourable blip but if it's the norm then game on.  :scarf:

Great to see him switching positions mid game in recognition of the flexibility in this side both tactically, but also using the example of Marhez and Albrighton on either flank, to exploit attacking options. Reminiscent of the way Gilles used the adaptability of his sides to confuse the opposition.

And that's not to be underestimated, it's absolutely massive.

Teams who concede 1.5 goals per game never win anything, they entertain and flatter to deceive when they're on a winning run.

The stat that we haven't conceded in open play for six games since we brought Fuchs and Simpson in as our full backs is phenomenal and not to be underestimated. I also remember a stat when we went until February one season before a headed goal was scored against us. IIRC it was 5,5" John Beresford for Newcastle headed it as well when we had Walsh, Elliot, Taggart as centre halves.

If we can start conceding about 0.5 - 0.8 goals per game then we will be title challengers. The evidence of the last six games of not conceding in open play may be just a favourable blip but if it's the norm then game on.  :scarf:

I think exactly the same. I've been a big critic of our defending this season but I think the Arsenal game really has made him realise something needed doing about it. He gave De Laet a fair chance but he just hasn't been cut out for it. It's a shame but it happens. Schlupp as well I will not be convinced by anyone is a left back as he's missing some of the vital components for it, for all his work rate, strength and pace is impressive.

Even of those six goals, one of them was offside, one of them was a contentious penalty at WBA, the others have come from poor set piece defending and penalties. Set pieces are a weakness of ours but I've almost accepted it as part of the package with this group of players.

Newcastle hardly came close to scoring. The one off the line would've been absolutely criminal from us if we'd let it in.

I was sceptical about this appointment, but he really has done superbly. He's added a tactical nous, he's realised what makes us tick very quickly, he's listened to the staff and he's made improvements where necessary. I can't not like the bloke. No-one knows if he could've laid the foundations Pearson did but I guess we might never even need to know.

One thing I will say though, and I've not seen anyone else say it - if he keeps this up, might we actually struggle to hold onto him? Every chance of the faltering big clubs might see what he's done here this season and have an interest. Thankfully the biggest falterer have already screwed him over once so I don't think there's much threat there.

I am getting pretty sick of all the pundits still banging on about Ranieri not changing much and just carrying on with Pearsons system and style of play, even after all of the praise Merson gave us last week he said the same. Clearly these pundits havn't been watching the games. The way we play is significantly different (ie, one touch football), the defence is clearly stronger, Albrighton is the first name on the team sheet, We have learnt to see games out very effectively, The substitutions have, frankly, been incredible compared with those of last season, in fact Ranieri has been an absolute master with his use of substitutions. To keep saying he's just doing Pearsons work is a massive massive insult.

I would love to know who's idea it was to employ him. He has genuinely kicked us on. Claudio Ranieri! Really! 

Well that was Claudios idea wasn't it? He came out and said he'd be very interested in the job. Not sure who made the final say but I read somewhere it was fairly unanimous amongst those who interviewed him.

Archived