Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Back in for Amartey - Official

Wouldn't we play him at the back?

Either really. Apparently quite versatile which will downplay the 'depth' question (if there ever was one outside of the media apologists for the old order). seems a handy signing and I don't see the need for much more business if Okazaki can step up to the plate.

We bid the same last summer only to be hindered by work permit rules. Marseille offered less and ultimately negotiations between the player and them broke down as far as I understood.

With the season we've had, I'm not doubting one second that we would be his preferred destination of the two. I mean, Ayew went to Marseille and despite being available on a free ended up in bloody Swansea!

FC Copenhagen did not make the Champions League, so they will be keen to sell. They run themselves like a business more than anything, and they stand to make a £4mil profit from a player they bought just 18 months ago. Pretty good business for them!

I read this at the time, they would have to sell a player if they don't make the Champions league and then progress in the europa league.

I'm sure they will put in a sell on clause or some extras seeing how well we are doing and the progress he hopefully will make will add value to him.

Do you go to FC Copenhagen games?  How is Kadrii doing?  I thought he looked great but then got a bad injury.

Never seen him play but this signing gets a big thumbs up from me.

I always believe a team need four players who are powerful in the air, we have two centre halfs and now Amartey. I just think his attributes are tailor made to become that player who sits in front of the back four, we should be sorted for Barca away next year.  :D 

I've got some Danish friends and emailed them for their opinions who I believe are both FC Copenhagen fans.

One said:

Very good, best defensive mf in danish football and can develop bigtime.
But the price is very high for a player from danish league.
Think only jesper Grønkjær has been sold for a higher amount from the danish league

And the other said:

Agree. Big potential. 

No more signings, Mr Ranieri? We're done in the transfer window, Mr Ranieri? You sly old fox!

If he's a player that we've been looking at for a while, then we have done our homework on him. Hopefully be a good signing for us. 

This is what I like about our club at the moment, we're not just buying names and spending stupid amount of big headed players (Man Utd) we're buying talented players for not that much. I mean, what's £5m these days? I do hope we continue wit this philosophy and buy players with the correct attitude as well. It makes me even prouder support the club I grew up with! 

If this guy is coming in and to play cb then seeya later liam moore

I'd actually more or less forget about Moore. I'm all for home grown talent, but I seem to remember thinking he looked out of his depth last year and that when he went out of the side we improved. Not to say he can't improve and make it, but as a team and club I wonder if this season we have massively outflanked his potential?

I'd actually more or less forget about Moore. I'm all for home grown talent, but I seem to remember thinking he looked out of his depth last year and that when he went out of the side we improved. Not to say he can't improve and make it, but as a team and club I wonder if this season we have massively outflanked his potential?

Agreed he was terribly out of his depth last season. He had a chance to improve and work his socks of at Bristol and couldn't even get into their team. Doesn't sound like he has the right attitude to improve his game tbh

Archived