Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

Just now, Webbo said:

I know the PL gets a load of stick but I've been thinking, the PL era is the most interesting/exciting period in our history. 4 play off finals, winning 2. 3 league cup finals, winning 2 and we've won league 1, the championship and the premier league. 

Modern football has been pretty good to us.

It has been a superb few years the best in the clubs history for sure

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10526456/gary-neville-returns-to-sky-sports-for-its-biggest-ever-season

Gary Neville has joined Sky again, happy about that, he was the best pundit on Sky, not too hard when Carragher and Souness are the other choices though I guess.

AND!

Wait for it....

- Friday Night Football - The weekend of live Premier League football starts here. Jeff Stelling is joined by Rachel Riley and guests for a brand new show of ten Friday evening fixtures a season starting at 6.30pm.

The pre season run has been a bit pants with three losses and 11 goals conceded in 4 games. Compared to the other top end clubs from last season its been by some way the poorest performances running to the starting week. We will know how the season is likely to pan out by the end of October when we will have played all the 'top' teams bar one.

I feel we are heading into the new season a bit like Hodgson headed off to the Euros, unsure of who our best team is. Simpson looks poor. King has not played well. Albrighton looks like he has been on the pies and his crosses are always the lobbed in kind. Drinky's normally laser passes are being over hit. Mahrez doesn't seem to be focussed. Morgan looks tired. Its got to give the manager a lot of sleepless with so many players off the pace one week away from the action.

Looking good are Fuchs, Grey, Drinkwater, Musa, Okazaki and Vardy. So half a team.

13 minutes ago, weller54 said:

£89M seemingly!!!... 

Jokers. 

Will the pundits mention how much the Morono United have cost every game?

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Juve have rinsed United for Pogba.

90m for a midfielder that doesn't score or create goals lol

Absolute joke.

I know you're exaggerating but I'll respond anyway lol

He's a hit and miss player. Because he's such a showboat-esque player, nullify him and it's emphasised more in a match. 

He does have the potential to pluck out something special every now and then. But that's the problem, it's too infrequent.

I wouldn't even pay half of what he's being bought for. It's a stupid amount.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I know you're exaggerating but I'll respond anyway lol

He's a hit and miss player. Because he's such a showboat-esque player, nullify him and it's emphasised more in a match. 

He does have the potential to pluck out something special every now and then. But that's the problem, it's too infrequent.

I wouldn't even pay half of what he's being bought for. It's a stupid amount.

I just think that you need to score or assist 40/50 goals a season to be a midfielder worth that amount.

Mkhitarian is a great signing for them. He scored or assisted 55 goals last season for Dortmund. He's just not so expensive because he's not a "big name".

On 06/08/2016 at 17:15, Webbo said:

I know the PL gets a load of stick but I've been thinking, the PL era is the most interesting/exciting period in our history. 4 play off finals, winning 2. 3 league cup finals, winning 2 and we've won league 1, the championship and the premier league. 2 European ties as well.

Modern football has been pretty good to us.

In terms of silverware, we're the sixth-most successful English club of the Premier League era. And that's before you even consider that we've won the Championship, League 1 and 2 Play-Off finals...

Love that stat. We've won 3 major trophies, and we've only been in the top division 10 years (3 of those resulted in relegation). More than Spurs or Everton, who have been ever-presents.

Archived