Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

Just now, The Doctor said:

Seriously? Might be because it's been a while, but I don't remember lampard being subbed off after eight minutes for a guard of honour.

no problem with him getting a guard of honour, but shearer was right - the substitution was just stupid and shit. Do it after or before.

Sorry I wasn't referring to the timing but I'm sure it was during the game.

10 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Sorry I wasn't referring to the timing but I'm sure it was during the game.

Plenty of players leave during the game but it's normally towards the end and normally just handshakes and high fives 

There has been nothing to my knowledge like a preplanned kick out of play on a certain time that the opposition are in agreement with and an actual guard of honour on the pitch 

Terry's thing was absolute cringe.

I'd be embarrassed if Leicester ever did that.

For a man of his stature, he should get 90 mins or subbed late on to a standing ovation. As it should be. 

Not this artifical cr** during the first half of a league match

(I wonder if that time was even added on!) 

On 5/18/2017 at 00:38, Tuna said:

United won't win the league with Mourinho in charge.

They need a strategy moving forward, and recruit players that fit into that strategy. It's not hard!

Transfer approach is too scattergun. Some of the buys like Memphis were crazy. There's good players there but deary me they are light years away from doing anything spectacular in the league.

Buying big names and hoping they'll gel is great, but you need a team to win the league not a group of individuals.

Last 2 champions cases in point.

Signing James Rodriguez would sum them up. They don't need him. They have Mata and Mhkitaryan who can play there. Why sign Rodriguez when he'll push either himself or Mata out of position?

Man Utd have become a bit of a joke I think. Throwing absurd money around without actually building a coherent team. An awful approach which will fail them. Man City have made errors but I do think they're more likely to come good.

Thought United's youngsters did pretty well today. They do produce some gems in their academy. The sad reality though, along with many other PL teams is they'll spend millions over the summer on unproven foreign imports than give any of them a chance. 

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

Personally didn't see anything wrong with the Terry 26 minute guard of honour.

What tipped me over was when Chelsea revealed that John Terry arranged his own guard of honour lol he insisted on it being on the 26th minute as well.

I don't mind Terry but talk about being self absorbed.

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

Personally didn't see anything wrong with the Terry 26 minute guard of honour.

9 hours ago, AjcW said:

Strange isn't it! The same was done for lampard and no one said a word.. it's all about who it is not what was done ;) 

22yrs one club man purely for football reasons he deserves it. The problem is he is very Robbie Savage.

7 hours ago, TK95 said:

Terry's thing was absolute cringe.

I'd be embarrassed if Leicester ever did that.

For a man of his stature, he should get 90 mins or subbed late on to a standing ovation. As it should be. 

Not this artifical cr** during the first half of a league match

(I wonder if that time was even added on!) 

22yrs service and thats a cringe. Yet some on here are calling wasa a legend after four years. Hes hardly been the ever present Terry has. Hes managed about 10 games in half his time here. But i bet some on here would have loved it.if Wasa had got a gaurd of honour.

12 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Yes - no wonder we lost so badly!

Would have done anyway with fit defenders..

Ended up with 2 kids at full back (nice to give them a game though) and a central midfielder (slow one to boot) in the middle of our defence alongside a full back who had a knock as well.

A decent Championship side would have score 2 or 3 - let alone one of the best attacking sides in the world!

Why would we have lost with fit defenders we drew at Tottenham  when in far worse form than at end of season

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Signing James Rodriguez would sum them up. They don't need him. They have Mata and Mhkitaryan who can play there. Why sign Rodriguez when he'll push either himself or Mata out of position?

Man Utd have become a bit of a joke I think. Throwing absurd money around without actually building a coherent team. An awful approach which will fail them. Man City have made errors but I do think they're more likely to come good.

I agree..  makes one think though...

If the base quality players, are not there or just not compatible can either...

Jose or Pep, actually build Team..???

They now have different building blocks.

Klopp has a simular problem...

Pocch, however might have the free line..

58 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Without wishing to cast any aspersions, this is both entirely unsurprising and lol

I was waiting for this. What a fvcking farce. Unprofessional in my book. CS had it right team first player second. (Love you though Was)

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

22yrs one club man purely for football reasons he deserves it. The problem is he is very Robbie Savage.

22yrs service and thats a cringe. Yet some on here are calling wasa a legend after four years. Hes hardly been the ever present Terry has. Hes managed about 10 games in half his time here. But i bet some on here would have loved it.if Wasa had got a gaurd of honour.

I would have been annoyed if he came on out of sentimentality. We were going for the win and 9th position.

Archived