Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Islam Slimani

I really do not understand why we do not offer the buy out if we genuinely want to get him. Its just insulting to go a few million below the release.

I agree with the sentiment, but millionaires don't stay millionaires by offering the asking price.

I hope we get him but it'll be cat and mouse stuff.

When purchasing a house or a car how many people go straight in and pay the asking price? I have never done that.

We seem to be doing the same. Whoever does the transfer dealing (Rudkin?) is just trying to get the best bang for the owners buck

When purchasing a house or a car how many people go straight in and pay the asking price? I have never done that.

We seem to be doing the same. Whoever does the transfer dealing (Rudkin?) is just trying to get the best bang for the owners buck

i barter if the price is genuinely too steep but often pay the asking price with cars and all sorts of other things.

Did it with my chalet in Charnwood. Glad i did too. Someone else wanted  to buy it that afternoon but on getting the full price from me the owner said she'd pay the first year's rent and leave all the furnishings - around £2700's worth altogether.

At Leicester market the last week I stood, a guy offered me £5 for something I'd asked him £50 for. I said I was sure we could do a deal and that if he'd sell me his house for a tenner he could have the object he liked for free.

He didn't seem to appreciate my offer, but hung around while I sold the £50 item to a bloke who'd been standing next to him. That didn't  make him any happier but I told him not to be despondent because he could learn from the experience in the long run.  

That's not a particularly startling example. I've seen people lose hundreds of pounds by not paying the fair priced asked, thus allowing someone else to benefit.

I learned my own lesson years ago at Newark where I spotted a mint condition vintage What The Butler Saw fairground machine for £1000. I'd always wanted one but walked away when the owner turned down my offer of £800.

Less than five minutes later I'd convinced myself I was crazy and hurried back to make the purchase. Too late, the item was just disappearing into the distance on a sack barrow. I never got another chance.      

i barter if the price is genuinely too steep but often pay the asking price with cars and all sorts of other things.

Did it with my chalet in Charnwood. Glad i did too. Someone else wanted to buy it that afternoon but on getting the full price from me the owner said she'd pay the first year's rent and leave all the furnishings - around £2700's worth altogether.

At Leicester market the last week I stood, a guy offered me £5 for something I'd asked him £50 for. I said I was sure we could do a deal and that if he'd sell me his house for a tenner he could have the object he liked for free.

He didn't seem to appreciate my offer, but hung around while I sold the £50 item to a bloke who'd been standing next to him. That didn't make him any happier but I told him not to be despondent because he could learn from the experience in the long run.

That's not a particularly startling example. I've seen people lose hundreds of pounds by not paying the fair priced asked, thus allowing someone else to benefit.

I learned my own lesson years ago at Newark where I spotted a mint condition vintage What The Butler Saw fairground machine for £1000. I'd always wanted one but walked away when the owner turned down my offer of £800.

Less than five minutes later I'd convinced myself I was crazy and hurried back to make the purchase. Too late, the item was just disappearing into the distance on a sack barrow. I never got another chance.

Source?

Did it with my chalet in Charnwood. Glad i did too. Someone else wanted  to buy it that afternoon but on getting the full price from me the owner said she'd pay the first year's rent and leave all the furnishings - around £2700's worth altogether.

He didn't seem to appreciate my offer, but hung around while I sold the £50 item to a bloke who'd been standing next to him. That didn't  make him any happier but I told him not to be despondent because he could learn from the experience in the long run.  

The secret is knowing where the seller is and what the competition is. Of course, in this instance there is the player who is crucial. Objects don't care who buys them!

What the Thracian didn't see.

Apparently arsenal are after him now. They seriously need to fvck off

Last year it was Villa looking at all of our targets, this year it's Arsenal. What a difference a season makes.

So Arsenal's solution to not being able to prize Steve Walsh away from us to be their Head Scout is to just bid for anyone that we bid for?

or maybe we already know who we are after as our number 1 targets but making other names become public to lead other teams to think we want them, most of the time a transfer happens when we least expect it but I'm sure we will end up having a good transfer window

Archived