Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross-Kemp

N'Golo Kante - Confirmed - £32m to Chelsea

The people who posted to say that he was going nowhere still don't seem to have reappeared to say where they got their info from?

I'd like to shove such 'insider info' where the metaphorical sun don't metaphorically shine! Talking metaphorically.

Waste of bloody time...

Guest ttfn

Don't understand the animosity.

We clearly weren't prepared to match Chelsea's offer which is our prerogative and probably the sensible thing to do.

If they're really going to pay him an extra £10 million over the length of his contract then he'd be mad not to go. As for Champions League he won't get it this coming season but the chances are he will over the coming years - the sheer fact that transfers like this (talented player moving to lower-placed club for money) happen so frequently pretty much guarantees it.

Only disappointed with the fee but that was inevitable given the (in this case) perfectly understandable release clause.

Good luck to him. He plays the game in the right spirit, is an absolutely fantastic player and I feel privileged to have seen him play for us.

Think I've progressed from the angry stage into whatever is next in the cycle of mourning. Some observations:

1. If a player wants to go then let him. No point keeping an unhappy player.

2. I'm sure he'll be a success at Chelsea (unfortunately) but I honestly don't think he'll ever have a season like last year again. He was an unknown quantity and he played in a team that was built around him. At Chelsea he'll be very much the water carrier and teams will know all about him. They will be looking at ways to nullify his game. I'm willing to bet that he won't be top of the stats next year for these reasons.

3. No player is irreplaceable (though it'll be bloody difficult). We have an excellent recruitment system and I believe they will have planned for this as Kante always looked the most likely to go. Another gem on the way.

4. We're still champions and with a bit of luck the rest will stay (I think they will).

5. We'll be playing in the Champions League while N'Golo will be playing in the Capital One Cup.

6. N'Golo will be playing week in, week out in what has to be the most pathetic atmosphere I've ever experienced at a football match. Chelsea fans are the most fickle fans going and will turn on him sharpish if he doesn't hit the ground running.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Guest ttfn

Anyone who calls him a legend is doing a massive dis-service to our actual legends. To be a 'legend' you have got to tick every single box. He could've been, but he's blotted that one. Part of a legendary team but him? He didn't feel it for us. He can't have done.

I think we're splitting hairs here. The man's probably just had what was arguably the single greatest individual season of any player in the history of the club.

He may not be remembered as a "legend" but he should be remembered as one of the greatest players in the club's history, if not THE greatest.

The people who posted to say that he was going nowhere still don't seem to have reappeared to say where they got their info from?

I'd like to shove such 'insider info' where the metaphorical sun don't metaphorically shine! Talking metaphorically.

Waste of bloody time...

I know who you mean ...   the stupid prat started to build my hopes up ...   what a t*sser.

Chelsea are not guaranteed to be back in the champions league the season after next. The top of the premier league should be even stronger next year so they could quite feasibly finish outside of the top 4. That's the risky part of this transfer.

Guest ttfn

You've just said exactly what's on my mind. He isn't a legend, he's a little snake who clearly used us as a stepping stone. I don't expect him to stay forever just one more season

99% of footballers are using their current club as a stepping stone.

Pretty much every player who's passed through the doors at Filbert Way, certainly for the last 20 years, has been using as a stepping stone.

Kante is just the first to be good enough to warrant a move somewhere like Chelsea.

And this Mr stripey know it all fox, was what I was getting at about the vardy situation.simple really. Don't **** about tell us your intentions asap so we have time to prepare and replace. Luckily the don didn't think like you and has been busy in the market before it was to late to salvage

Archived