Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Chelsea Pre-Match

47 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Agreed. That's exactly what I'd do. It's a big ask in game 2 of his LCFC career but Ndidi looks like he's got the strength, discipline and lung capacity to follow Kante around and hopefully make his life difficult.

NG isn't messi - he doesn't need marking out of the game? 

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

NG isn't messi - he doesn't need marking out of the game? 

Well, not marked. It's not him being passed the ball which is so threatening.

Keeping an eye on him, tackling him once he has nicked the ball may work.

On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 20:59, Izzy Muzzett said:

In order to help us navigate through the chaos of life, our brains delete, distort and generalise information to simplify things for us. In the case of Zieler, the brain distorts the spelling (because it hasn't learnt it through repetition yet) and selects it's most obvious option instead (which usually includes the 'G' you mention).

My guess is that most people are familiar with the ex German footballer Christian Ziege, and therefore associate Zieler with what they already know and add the G subconsciously. Only through repeatedly writing Zieler in the correct way until it becomes a learnt habit (or slowing down and paying conscious attention to how they spell it), will people start to write it correctly.

And the fact I had to go back over that post several times to check I'd spelled Zieler correctly, reinforces that it's still a new name to me and it's not hard wired in the hippocampus long term memory part of my brain yet.

Or something along those lines...

Full name.. Ron Robert Zieler.  We all love getting names wrong especially across the National  divides.

My name is Foster..Even when I have spelt it out, on forms, on German online sites..etc

I become a Forster..Thankgod my wife and my kids  welcomely  carries my correct name, and even as a German gets

tired of needing to repeat...without the 'R'

Funny was when I got called out at a Doctors surgery, which was correctly announced,

Besides myself..A Forster, a Voerster, and a Votzer, stood up.  I was rather amused because they

Always Nag on poor pronunciation, but to fair allow leeway for foreigners

Guest Danny Clender
On 1/12/2017 at 16:31, CityFan 06 said:

I would be looking at this lineup on Saturday. I feel Albrighton is needed for this one, and Musa deserves a start in a front three. I would actually put Musa as a CF but being as Vardy is back I think he will play out wide, a position he is also comfortable with. 4-3-3 suits Musa in particular I feel. Mendy and Ndidi have both impressed, and those two protecting the back four could be potentially huge for us, because it will allow Drinkwater more creativity going forward and the defence will also see the benefit of it.

As we all know, Chelsea are a top team with some individuals that are of outstanding ability. Against the top four teams it's a fine balance between sitting off (having enough men behind the ball as a unit at all times) and also getting forward enough in the right attacking areas. I'm hoping we are starting to turn a corner in this league campaign, the formation changes have certainly helped and since the start of the year our form has improved. As a result of those formation changes, we have become more resolute & solid as a unit, the extra man in the midfield is the difference.

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Mendy Ndidi

Drinkwater

Albrighton Vardy Musa

yes.

Guest Danny Clender

No Costa can only help us.

What I'm more concerned with is, will the fans boo or clap Kante West?

I think they will.

Guest Danny Clender
1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sounds daft but the pictures of the players arriving showed players suited and booted but Vardy in his tracksuit.

I know he's a chav but I surely this means he isn't in the squad? 

No, its means he's a chav.

On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 21:54, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I think there's no chance we win this.  People are billing up the Ndidi vs Kante thing so this is my prediction....

Kante will be superb and Ndidi will be average.

Chelsea will win the game 1-3 or 1-4 reinforcing their title credentials and we'll slip down a couple of places promoting panic and desperation for more signings.

Your post, actually balances out the crazy runaways...

But lets stay fresh and hopefull, that we just might see a turning point. 

I for one , I am looking at least for an upturn in our performances and presentation.

We are foxes fans, why should we stay  miserable, non-daring-doubters..

Believe , hope and dream..fk reality..!!

Oh on reality..!!    We are still champions, Neither Chelsea nor Spurs have taken ut from us yet..:scarf:

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sounds daft but the pictures of the players arriving showed players suited and booted but Vardy in his tracksuit.

I know he's a chav but I surely this means he isn't in the squad? 

Usually arrives earlier. 

Probably already changed

A draw seems the most likely result but we can also win it. a lots depends on CR approach to the game. If we're going to give it a real go then  Musa, Vardy Gray up top who you'd have to fancy for Goals.

With the midfield 3 of Mendy Drinkwater and Ndidi. To stop the supply to Hazzard and Pedro.  Then we have a chance of creating an upset.

No Costa is a big bonus which we have to take advantage of.

We have no option now of a target man with the absence of Slim and Ulloa, so in theory that means at no point should we be trying long high balls or lofted crosses.

I think Mendy and Ndidi both playing defensive roles can free up Drinky to concentrate fully on preventative balls along the floor for our pacey attackers. I think Drinky will be key today. 

Archived