Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Swansea (a) Match Thread

Hoping only reason Chilwell and Amartey on bench is because of 120 mins on Wednesday and they'll get their chance.

Hope also Claudio sat Morgan and Huth down to watch Wednesdays match and they've been working on how to keep possession of the ball from the back by not always hoofing forward in training since then.

What worries me slightly is way we're set up.

If we played like last season, being an impenetrable force through the middle, forcing attacks to come in from crosses out wide, and Morgan and Huth only had to beat players in the air all day long; then I am convinced we'd still be fairly solid at the back.

Reading an article when Ndidi was interviewed after the Derby game he said he'd been told to sit in front of the defence and stay there, but couldn't help himself running forwards when he could see so much space there - which led to his goal.

He needs to be given licence to do this, it's what make Kante so effective last season and was a big part of our counter attacking play.

We need sprightly players making quick one twos up the field to turn teams over quickly like we did so well before.

I think used correctly Ndidi gives us a player who can do that, break up opposition attacks and launching runs forward and I think he can pass (and definitely shoot) better than the man he has now replaced.

I just wish he was supported on the flanks by players like Chilwell (and to some extent  Amartey) who seem to look to play passes to our players or run with the ball, allowing us to counter attack effectively, rather than Fuchs and Simpson (who may be better defensively) but who hoof the ball upfield and lose possession and any counter attacking possibility all too often right now.

10 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I am looking forward to seeing Gray in the hole though. Think he could cause Swansea trouble there. 

I liked him as the inside forward role he was playing against Derby, seems to play well when drifting in from the left onto his right foot.

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

For ****s sake Claudio. Think outside the box a bit man.

I'm starting to wonder whether he really is the tactical mastermind we gave him credit for last year.

I love the great man but he should know his best team and formation by now this season. The back four has performed poorly week in and week out and yet he still pursists with them. It's difficult to believe really.

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

It would make more sense to me to use slimani as a lone striker the bring vardy on in the last 20 minutes to run at them

Vardy having that chat with Ranieri means he will never be benched. Or his contract states it..

Same uninspiring players who have failed all season. It's February and it's getting desperate but the mindset for the players must now be a real comfort zone. They play crap and STILL get the starting line up.....IM sure we ALL hope and pray this is the turning point.....BUT we thought that after Man City didn't we....Cmon boys.......time to stand up.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

They haven't even been that shambolic, over last 10 games there had been something like 8 teams with records either worse or the same as us as I posted the other day.

Ranieri lost me a while ago as I've already said, but I'm not getting carried away that a player written off by most is suddenly the saviour.

They have seen him up close for nearly two years and decided he's not good enough.

No-one claiming he's the saviour but everyone is sick to back teeth of Morgan and Huth.

If not Benalouane why not Amartey for either Morgan or Huth, or Wague.

I know you're gonna come back with Amartey's only just got back/played so many game recently - So why did we play him on Wednesday, give him a rest then so he could play today, besides he'll still probably look fresher and fitter than Morgan and Huth.

Or Wague's only just joined up with the squad - So? It looks like Morgan and Huth have only just joined up with the squad.

Benalouane, 'not good enough', Well neither are Morgan and Huth.

Try, just try something different please....

Guest bennytwohats

That back 4 has been awful. Those clamouring for Benny and Was need to recognise they both made mistakes in Wednesday that a better team would have punished, and have played 120 minutes after not playing in ages. Not sure they are the answer here. Disappointed not to see Chilwell in for Fuchs. Glad to see Gray has come in.

All that aside the negativity on here is toxic.

Get behind them ffs. Hope they crowd aren't as toxic as you lot otherwise that could be just as big a factor for us not turning this season around.

Archived