Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Rudkin

2 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

No offence intended from my previous post and I agree entirley it is one of the strongest benches in the clubs hisotory...... but that is a very far cry from making it "world-class" by any definition.

Its a  big leap of faith to say that just bacause Slimani is better than the likes of Trevor Benjamin, it makes him world-class.  :)

Common................The bench was must 'stronger' when Conrad and GTF were sitting on it every week.

7 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

So, the questions you want answering are all questions you already know the answer to and are not really questions but more of a "you're fvckin shit at your job"

Not at all. I am genuinely interested to see what those who defend him think. If people want to present a coherent argument then I'm happy to listen. Personally I think the jury is out but others might have the opposite view and that is an opinion they are perfectly entitled to have.

29 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Three points attibutable to Riyad Mahrez...?!?    In which case it looks like my theory that we might struggle to get £45m for him in the Jan transfer window is already completely absurd then and I bow to you sir for pointing out the flaws in my logic

while we are at it, lets also immediately give the managers job to Michael Appleton if we are taking such a short-sighted view as he is also surely repsonsiible for the Three points as well and he now has a 100% record which is better than every other manager in the PL!   What are we waiting for...?!?

Yes, for the goals scored (which led to the points) I definitely think Mahrez had the most impact of anyone Saturday.  Which -- thanks for pointing this out, even though it's not where I was coming from -- can make a material ££ difference at the end of the season.  Two or three points could mean two or three places the way the PL is shaping up.

2 hours ago, vanity said:

I was responding to us not having enough CMs. I don't necessarily disagree with your argument about creativity, which is why I have been saying for ages we need to invest in an elite WB to pair with Gray going forward, someone with creativity on the ball who can also defend. And I further agree that with our personnel, and with the trend of sides moving to 3 in the back, our 4-4-2 would need a Kante to have any shot of working regularly, and that we seem to have forgotten we had two DMs when we won who could pass the ball and provide some creativity, and both were better on the ball than Ndidi and James. And that when we lost Kante, DD had to do more work, he lost the freedom to come fwd, and teams started doubling Mahrez, and we lost our ability to link the attack, especially when Shinji played instead of Slimani, who is a threat to score and to track and makes it more difficult to focus the defense on Mahrez, which was why we would suddenly have scoring opportunities when Slim would get on the field, the defense was forced to spread itself more widely. Hey man, I am right there with you. But this is a long conversation, as we could deal with that in a variety of ways. The way we chose was Iheanacho, to replace Shinji and provide a second real threat up top to prevent teams bottling up Mahrez by shading off Shinji AND bringing in Iborra who can play DM/CM/AM with equal aplomb, but injuries have derailed that to this point.

But when Silva is available, we'll move to a 3-man MF with Iborra and Ndidi, Mahrez will hopefully go in January, and we can focus on developing Gray and figuring out a pairing up.top that will work  -- I love Vardy, but he isn't scoring goals and nobody can play with him, so we should see a bit of Iheanacho and Slim up top, see what that gets us. Starting tmw vs Leeds.

In response to my comment I actually said quality CMs

King is not quality, the Jury is still out on James andIborra. That left us at the time with NDidi and a want away Drinkwater and a want away Mendy.

Was asked a question about the current situation last night at U23s by a mature/ experienced local footballer/ supporter

My answers no doubt at volume were pretty derogatory along the lines of what a stupid situation etc, CS should never have been given the job in the first place as now we have lost a great coach and how bad it is that the club respond now in getting a replacement when he's gone even though it was always a high possibility.

As speaking got that errie feeling followed by 'alright lads' by JR strolling by + stopping intermittently to watch the game., sure he was on my shoulder....well

Edited by Bob Hazels shorts

7 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Was asked a question about the current situation last night at U23s by a mature/ experienced local footballer/ supporter

My answers no doubt at volume were pretty derogatory along the lines of what a stupid situation etc, CS should never have been given the job in the first place as now we have lost a great coach and how bad it is that the club respond now in getting a replacement when he's gone even though it was always a high possibility.

As speaking got that errie feeling followed by 'alright lads' by JR strolling by + stopping intermittently to watch the game., sure he was on my shoulder....well

I wonder if he will also be strolling around the concourses of the KP tonight saying 'Alright lads?

14 hours ago, KingsX said:

Yes, for the goals scored (which led to the points) I definitely think Mahrez had the most impact of anyone Saturday.  Which -- thanks for pointing this out, even though it's not where I was coming from -- can make a material ££ difference at the end of the season.  Two or three points could mean two or three places the way the PL is shaping up.

But what about his contribution (lack of??) during the Eight previous games that Shakey was in charge and possibly felt obligated to select him?

My point was related to Shakeys dilemma and the criticism for selecting an "out-of-form-player". 

Your point is solely related to Mahrez contribution during ONE game after Shakey was sacked.  If his form from Swansea game continues through to Jan then our points tally might improve and his value "might" rise but in view of Mo Salah being bought for £35m, im not sure if we will get £45m in January which is the figure we were holding out for...  (and we will still be paying him +£2m in wages during the Sept-Jan period)

18 hours ago, vanity said:

I was responding to us not having enough CMs. I don't necessarily disagree with your argument about creativity, which is why I have been saying for ages we need to invest in an elite WB to pair with Gray going forward, someone with creativity on the ball who can also defend. And I further agree that with our personnel, and with the trend of sides moving to 3 in the back, our 4-4-2 would need a Kante to have any shot of working regularly, and that we seem to have forgotten we had two DMs when we won who could pass the ball and provide some creativity, and both were better on the ball than Ndidi and James. And that when we lost Kante, DD had to do more work, he lost the freedom to come fwd, and teams started doubling Mahrez, and we lost our ability to link the attack, especially when Shinji played instead of Slimani, who is a threat to score and to track and makes it more difficult to focus the defense on Mahrez, which was why we would suddenly have scoring opportunities when Slim would get on the field, the defense was forced to spread itself more widely. Hey man, I am right there with you. But this is a long conversation, as we could deal with that in a variety of ways. The way we chose was Iheanacho, to replace Shinji and provide a second real threat up top to prevent teams bottling up Mahrez by shading off Shinji AND bringing in Iborra who can play DM/CM/AM with equal aplomb, but injuries have derailed that to this point.

But when Silva is available, we'll move to a 3-man MF with Iborra and Ndidi, Mahrez will hopefully go in January, and we can focus on developing Gray and figuring out a pairing up.top that will work  -- I love Vardy, but he isn't scoring goals and nobody can play with him, so we should see a bit of Iheanacho and Slim up top, see what that gets us. Starting tmw vs Leeds.

You are insane

15 hours ago, Dames said:

In response to my comment I actually said quality CMs

King is not quality, the Jury is still out on James andIborra. That left us at the time with NDidi and a want away Drinkwater and a want away Mendy.

We'd been after Silva for the best part of 2 years, the fact it came down to 2hrs (& 14secs) past the deadline is no one's fault other than Rudkin's

13 minutes ago, Daggers said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/david-moss-huddersfield-town-quits-head-of-football-operations-football-club-a8016136.html

I'd take him as part of a Wagner package...although leaving after five months leaves a few questions as to why.

Hopefully Rudkin is in line for the Job at Huddersfield :yahoo:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

So even the players want Rudkin out. Sing it loud and clear tonight guys 

I think this bit in the Mirror is made up by story teller.....I'm sure the Mirror have not had access to our owners to ask "are you going to fire Rudkin".....

!Rudkin had a difficult relationship with Craig Shakespeare before he was sacked as Leicester boss last week in a move which upset the players.

That has led to the Leicester players making their feelings known to the club hierarchy but Rudkin retains the full support of the Thai owners."

I often wonder whether he's good at his job but people need to take a step back.

There's a lot of good things going on in this club behind the scenes which fall under his line of responsibility. Our youth teams are progressing, despite losing Steve Walsh our recruitment team is actually still doing rather well if you ignore the Ranieri signings that were pushed by the manager. Nacho is clearly a good player and see just need a manager to get it out if him, Maguire was genius and iborra will be great if he can stay at the level of the last match. Having consistency behind the scenes is something I'd be worried about losing. 

It's too easy for fans to beat the drum about a character they don't know. I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be in the job but it's hard to understand the rationale for fans beliefs sometimes.

For example, sending the docs to the fa/fifa is not his remit, yet he gets blamed. 

People used to castigate him for being slow on signings - despite your average punter having no idea about how transfers actually work - yet Maguire shows we can move at speed.

I just think the thais are best placed to judge him and if he had their confidence perhaps he's doing a better job than people with absolutely no inside knowledge assume.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, toddybad said:

For example, sending the docs to the fa/fifa is not his remit, yet he gets blamed. 

He might not personally send off all the forms but the buck ultimately stops with him. Financially that has cost the club millions, on top of the risk of maintaining a competitive level in the PL with a much reduced midfield.

I'm amazed the club has let this slip by the wayside

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, toddybad said:

I often wonder whether he's good at his job but people need to take a step back.

There's a lot of good things going on in this club behind the scenes which fall under his line of responsibility. Our youth teams are progressing, despite losing Steve Walsh our recruitment team is actually still doing rather well if you ignore the Ranieri signings that were pushed by the manager. Nacho is clearly a good player and see just need a manager to get it out if him, Maguire was genius and iborra will be great if he can stay at the level of the last match. Having consistency behind the scenes is something I'd be worried about losing. 

It's too easy for fans to beat the drum about a character they don't know. I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be in the job but it's hard to understand the rationale for fans beliefs sometimes.

People used to castigate him for being slow on signings - despite your average punter having no idea about how transfers actually work - yet Maguire shows we can move at speed.

I just think the thais are best placed to judge him and if he had their confidence perhaps he's doing a better job than people with absolutely no inside knowledge assume.

I don't think you understand the responsibilities of a director

Arguably he could go for permanently appointing, then sacking Shakespeare, losing our best ever coach in the process... Never mind not being able to sign a player we've been after for 2 years in replacement of selling our best midfielder for the 2nd successive summer since winning the title

1 minute ago, cc_star said:

I don't think you understand the responsibilities of a director

Arguably he could go for permanently appointing, then sacking Shakespeare, losing our best ever coach in the process... Never mind not being able to sign a player we've been after for 2 years in replacement of selling our best midfielder for the 2nd successive summer since winning the title

Assuming that was his decision and not his bosses ??