Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Mathieu Debuchy

• 1 month later...

Great short term signing, as long as it's only for a year or so. Can't expect the owners to sign a young right back as well as a young centre back centre mid centre forward (Maguire Iheanacho Ndidi) all in a year, that just doesn't normally happen- got to embed youngsters. Next year we'll target that position I believe 

Would be happy with this. I don't think he's a massive improvement on Simpson but I don't reckon we need to improve on him right away. Cover for him is all we need in the short term.  

1 hour ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Arsenal better give us him on the cheap if we are selling them Mahrez .  

Reading on the ever reliable twitter that Apparently They are prepared to release him on a free transfer as they need his place in the squad due to them having reached the foreign limit of 17 

2 hours ago, Harry96 said:

Would be decent but would prefer someone who's younger 

Why? he is a proven PL RB with champion League experience and would be a good player for a number of years.  You need as has been stated by others a mix of young and experienced players.  We are building a great mix.  He would be a good and welcome addition to the team. 

2 hours ago, bpfox said:

dont think we need a right back, think if we sign another young center back we will play with 3 at the back, thus giving more players in the middle of the park.

Suspect the manager knows the formation he's planning to use. 

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Signing a 31 year old for competition for a 30 year old.

Not for me.

Depends on the length of contact, short term competition whilst you look for the long term replacement. There is no real rush to be getting in that player now.

Archived