Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2017/18 U23s, Development, U19s etc

Lost the first of the 50 minute games against Caen this morning 1-0

Playing Standard Liege at 5pm.

DF0p9o9XcAAtYgX.thumb.jpg.557c3c00cb231c32a03d8aed5a5a2e80.jpg

Hammond still reporting for duty lol 

Edited by AjcW

On 28/07/2017 at 16:47, HoustonFox said:

They all look really happy in that photo... 

They’ve all just been shipped off to play 50 minute football in France instead of being used in pre season like every other sodding premier league club..... and their own club hasn’t even bothered covering it it’s that unimportant. 

Great for their development.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

They’ve all just been shipped off to play 50 minute football in France instead of being used in pre season like every other sodding premier league club..... and their own club hasn’t even bothered covering it it’s that unimportant. 

Agreed. Especially when some of those young uns are meant to be very highly rated.

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Would be disappointed if I was Barnes, signs a new contract and then shipped off to some pointless thing in France. Moore as well. 

I can't say I have any great knowledge on the goings on in the youth sets ups but looking from the outside and the snippets of information you hear and how they handle certain aspects of games and players etc the whole set up looks to be pretty piss poor 

• Like 2

http://www.solihullmoorsfc.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=12788

Tyrese secures Foxes future
HAVE YOU READ
PREVIEW: LIAM MCDONALD ON SEASON-OPENER READ

TYRESE SECURES FOXES FUTURE READ

FACEBOOK LIVE WITH LIAM MCDONALDREAD

SHARE THIS ARTICLE
4TH AUG 17
TYRESE SECURES FOXES FUTURE
*Teenage forward signs top flight deal after impressing in summer trial*
A- A A+

Solihull Moors starlet Tyrese Shade has completed a dream move to the Premier League after signing a two-year professional deal with Leicester City.

Following a recent trial period with the Foxes, the 17-year-old forward has committed his immediate future to the former champions of England.

Birmingham-born Shade enjoyed a brief but promising spell with Liam McDonald’s first-team last season having shone for the Moors Academy.

After seven years with Birmingham City’s Academy, Shade joined The Moors in 2016 following his release at the age of 15. His rapid progression caught the eye of McDonald resulting in him signing first-team forms in March before going on to make two eye-catching senior appearances from the bench away at Tranmere Rovers and Guiseley.

While he will be a loss to Solihull, the move has left everybody connected with The Moors beaming with pride.

Mark Fogarty, head of sport, said: “Leicester first watched Tyrese during the pre-season win over Walsall in July. During that game, he had a fantastic 25 minutes or so showing the creative ability that I first saw when he was an academy player at Birmingham City. 

“I have always been excited about his potential and, as with Kieran Dawes who also came to us a year ago, I didn’t feel it was the football that we as a staff had to concentrate on, it was more about the pastoral side.

“When you are at an academy you can be one of a large group of talented individuals but at any one time if you’re not the elite you can feel deflated and doubt yourself. All we have done is given Tyrese the chance to mature, make him feel special and give him license to show his talents.

“Liam McDonald has given him the exposure of playing in the Vanarama National League which in itself takes guts and therefore the player feels confident and energised. These are the ingredients that a player needs to flourish.

“We are all extremely proud of Tyrese and will follow his progress with interest.”

McDonald added: “It was a pleasure working with Tyrese since I joined the football club. I’ve spent a lot of time with the Moors Academy as it’s important for the future development of  the club and to give players opportunities.

“Tyrese caught my eye straight away and it was great to give him his debut at 16, regardless of his age I thought he was good enough.

“He came back to pre-season hungry and determined to break into the squad and produced some eye-catching performances. We  are all proud of him and when I went to see him for his signing he looked so confident rubbing shoulders with the first-team players.

“Having seen a former player of mine (Cohen Bramall) make his Arsenal debut this pre-season, I know it won’t be long for Tyrese as he’s a special player with a bright future ahead.”

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

http://www.solihullmoorsfc.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=12788

Tyrese secures Foxes future
HAVE YOU READ
PREVIEW: LIAM MCDONALD ON SEASON-OPENER READ

TYRESE SECURES FOXES FUTURE READ

FACEBOOK LIVE WITH LIAM MCDONALDREAD

SHARE THIS ARTICLE
4TH AUG 17
TYRESE SECURES FOXES FUTURE
*Teenage forward signs top flight deal after impressing in summer trial*
A- A A+

Solihull Moors starlet Tyrese Shade has completed a dream move to the Premier League after signing a two-year professional deal with Leicester City.

Following a recent trial period with the Foxes, the 17-year-old forward has committed his immediate future to the former champions of England.

Birmingham-born Shade enjoyed a brief but promising spell with Liam McDonald’s first-team last season having shone for the Moors Academy.

After seven years with Birmingham City’s Academy, Shade joined The Moors in 2016 following his release at the age of 15. His rapid progression caught the eye of McDonald resulting in him signing first-team forms in March before going on to make two eye-catching senior appearances from the bench away at Tranmere Rovers and Guiseley.

While he will be a loss to Solihull, the move has left everybody connected with The Moors beaming with pride.

Mark Fogarty, head of sport, said: “Leicester first watched Tyrese during the pre-season win over Walsall in July. During that game, he had a fantastic 25 minutes or so showing the creative ability that I first saw when he was an academy player at Birmingham City. 

“I have always been excited about his potential and, as with Kieran Dawes who also came to us a year ago, I didn’t feel it was the football that we as a staff had to concentrate on, it was more about the pastoral side.

“When you are at an academy you can be one of a large group of talented individuals but at any one time if you’re not the elite you can feel deflated and doubt yourself. All we have done is given Tyrese the chance to mature, make him feel special and give him license to show his talents.

“Liam McDonald has given him the exposure of playing in the Vanarama National League which in itself takes guts and therefore the player feels confident and energised. These are the ingredients that a player needs to flourish.

“We are all extremely proud of Tyrese and will follow his progress with interest.”

McDonald added: “It was a pleasure working with Tyrese since I joined the football club. I’ve spent a lot of time with the Moors Academy as it’s important for the future development of  the club and to give players opportunities.

“Tyrese caught my eye straight away and it was great to give him his debut at 16, regardless of his age I thought he was good enough.

“He came back to pre-season hungry and determined to break into the squad and produced some eye-catching performances. We  are all proud of him and when I went to see him for his signing he looked so confident rubbing shoulders with the first-team players.

“Having seen a former player of mine (Cohen Bramall) make his Arsenal debut this pre-season, I know it won’t be long for Tyrese as he’s a special player with a bright future ahead.”

Just a thought....

Why are we having to sign young talent from other/non-league Academy's?   I thought the purpose of us having an expensively funded Cat 1 Acadmey was so we could recuit and develope young talent through our own system to save us having to spend money on players at a later date?

Got to ask the question....if Solihull Moors with their limited resources can develope 17 year-olds good enough for a premier league/Cat 1 academy, isnt it their Coaches that we should also be recruiting as well as they appear to be capable of "turning lead into Gold" if the press release above is to be believed...?

The artilce indicates he was not good enough for Birmingham City and released less than 2 years ago but 'somehow' in the sapce of 2 years, the part-time coaches at Solihull Moors have now developed him into a player worthy of a 2 year professional contract at LCFC...!

What is happening to all the young forwards within the LCFC academy structure as i believe this is the 4th recent signing of a forward player from 'elsewhere'?

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

have we still got that Spanish striker, whenever I saw a match report last season he never seemed to be playing for the U23s

Uche, played a bit for U23s last season, mostly as sub, scored a few goals. This summer went on a 2 week trial to Leuven's first team, failed, now back training with our U23s.

On 04/08/2017 at 13:47, Worthington said:

Get your points totally. Perhaps I can add my 'two penneth'!

Used to work closely with the youth set up at a local non-league club. At that time we used to take a number of kids each summer, who'd been released by league clubs.

Some never got past a trial match or two, others got taken on. What was highly apparent was the difference in the speed of progress of development. We'd sign lads of 16 who, a year later, had bulked up and/or gained 3-4" in height. Added to the improvement of skills some became near enough a different new player within a year or so.

Additionally, the youth coaches would try a young lad in a new role and suddenly he'd thrive and improve immeasurably!

The fact is, occasionally, one of these kids would end up playing back in the Football League structure, despite having seemingly been rated 'not up to it' a year or two previously.

Of course a lot didn't make the grade....In the majority of cases the initial assessment of 'won't make it' turned out to be true. Lots of the kids weren't up to maintaining a career at higher 'non-league' level, and drifted into local football but, every now and then, we acquired a 'gem'......Would think this Shade boy might be such !  

All very good points and very understandable. 

Wouldnt disagree with anything you say but your well constructed argument doesn't actually address my main point which was "why arent we producing any forwards through our own heavily funded Cat1 Academy programme" as you would have expected some return on our investment through our own professional coaching structure?

Most of the successful 'graduates' through our own Academy programme in recent years have turned out to be defenders and a few midfield players with Barnes being the only recent notable exception. Do we have any ex-forwards coaching in our Academy/Youth development who can pass on their expertise and, if not, why not?