Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Mendy

5 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Although told again and again, by Claudio that he is differenttype of player, Mendy was dubbed by the media as a Kante replacement, like for like... and some of ours fans went with that rather than the man that signed him! So I feel he was unfairly judged in the handful of games we saw him play. But... if he's not going to play under Shakespeare then it's best he goes now so we can recoup most of money spent in him.

Claudio has said on multiple occasions that Mendys playstyles is more likes Kantes than Ndidis. 

2 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Fans only assumed he was the next Kante because he is small & black. 

If he was 6"2, white and had blonde hair nobody would have been comparing him to kante.

Youre right there Walshy ...     I would definitely have compared him to a goalkeeper !...      :)

12 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Claudio has said on multiple occasions that Mendys playstyles is more likes Kantes than Ndidis. 

At the start of the season (before N'Didi) it was a clear message... do not compare to Kante!

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Apparently Barry Manilow is GAY !!   :o ....    I for one was ASTOUNDED at this revelation!!! ....      Who would have ever guessed !! ...   Not me that's for sure !!

It's like when H from Steps came out, we're all supposed to go "Noooo wayyyy!"

9 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

If we can get £10m plus for him then sell aswell as Marty James for £5m, gives you at least £15m then spend that on recruiting Silva.

Why offload James? Should be given a chance here.

Were loaded plus money for Mahrez

I

9 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

If we can get £10m plus for him then sell aswell as Marty James for £5m, gives you at least £15m then spend that on recruiting Silva.

Can someone anyone explain this logic?

James we know can play at this level Mendy we are not sure. But because both have had serious injuries one off bad injuries may I add. Not loads of different injuries. People label them sick notes and not good enough anymore. Or in Mendy's case not good enough when we bought him.

Can these people that claim this without proof or evidence do me a favour and PM me tonight's lotto numbers.

Many Thanks in advance

sylo

I'd give them all a chance cos nobody came out smelling of roses until March

Shakespeare see's them in training and I'm sure if he thought they were crap he'd let them go

He's the man now, so if we want him as a manager let's see if he's up to it.

That's what managers get paid for........... making the difficult decisions   :thumbup:

1 hour ago, mod hero said:

Why offload James? Should be given a chance here.

Were loaded plus money for Mahrez

Why offload Mendy but not James then same situation been injured so couldn't get a look in.

So why does James deserve the chance but not Mendy?

13 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Fans only assumed he was the next Kante because he is small & black. 

If he was 6"2, white and had blonde hair nobody would have been comparing him to kante.

Probably the fact we got we got him from fans and the media kept saying he was the next Kante too didn't help..

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if all our signings from last summer left, hahahahaa what an abysmal window it was.

Exactly, no one was an improvement on what we had which is why we played pretty much  the same players plus Ndidi... we would be lucky the recoup a third of what we signed those players for!

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Why offload Mendy but not James then same situation been injured so couldn't get a look in.

So why does James deserve the chance but not Mendy?

Where have I said offload Mendy?

I would give James a chance who I believe played a pivotal role in us staying up under Pearson.

Mendy has only played 8 games for us and hasn't shown anything in those games.

jury is still out on him. I could take or leave him.

Watched pretty much all of Mendys minutes on the pitch. Can't really say he made a massive impression on me, either way. Although, the only stand out performance was Arsenal. I really thought he was growing into the game, with some good challenges, up until he got injured.

I think I read somewhere that Shakey thought he'd seen some good qualities in him. I'd expect to see him go out on loan to France, rather than a permanent move.

Archived