Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tony1784

Troy Deeney

29 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Would have been a good signing 2 years ago. Looks out of shape and disinterested now though. 

think there was a reason for that last season...being the manager Watford had and that he was in and out of the team and nothing knowing odd from sod, like most of the Watford team last season tbh

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Eye up Sigurdsson, Iheanacho and Boudebouz. Sign Deeney, Ramirez and Clucas.

Standard Leicester. lol

Feels much more like the Leicester we all came to love originally.

1 hour ago, SydenhamFox said:

I think people might be being overly harsh. He's always been a proper grafter with a team ethic. Him and Vardy could be terrifying. He was our number 1 target last season. Let's not judge him too harshly on the back of one poor season. Who knows why he lost his motivation there, we don't know what has gone on behind the scenes.  Looking at the overall picture I think he'd fit in well to our squad. 

But, is he better than a Slimani who's had a full pre-season with us? Not too sure about that. I see him as more of a Shinji replacement. I love Shinji, but I am sick to death of seeing him fall over. Deeney won't be doing that quite so much.

Understood.

However, is it good business to buy an unfit 29yo, whose last season has been poor? 

I know there have been a lot of comments about his weight.

With a heavy set build as he has, that does concern me. Players in forward positions at the top level simply do not have the longevity with that sort of frame.

At 29 it's a no from me.

I'm really not a fan of spending big money on players in their late 20's and have never made the higher echelons of the game.

No resale value and in ten years plus in the game have never produced enough to be any more than mid table PL level.

I'd much rather us gamble on buying up and coming players that are more hit and miss than players like Deeney who will help solidify mid table but no more.

10 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I think Vardy and Deeney would be a good combination. It's a yes from me. I'd move Slimani and Musa on. Deeney is a fine team player and would fit nicely in the dressing room, that's important too.

It would have to be a big dressing room mind.

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Deeney? He's lived in the West Midlands for a long time!!

Must have a few places over this way then. Know the current one he has just bought is being completely flattened and re-built 

This is gaining some traction on the news sites . I'd forgotten we bid £25 million last year (= about £40 million in new money )

our interest forced twatford to put Him on huge money which they probably regret and the transfer fee ship will have long since sailed 

5 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Getting musa out and deeney in would be good business to me. I rate deeney he just needs to get back in shape and someone like shakey to put his arm around him. He's got stail at Watford that all. 

Need a bloody long arm to get around him!.. Big old unit! 

He'll probably be considered to come only if Slimani or Ulloa leave.

Though, still, personally wouldn't guarantee him a starting berth if even he came for a sizeable fee.

Too inconsistent to be considered as a game-changer worth pursuing.

18 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I hope you're right, but I haven't seen any sign of him being a good partner for Vardy, and that's what we need.

He just doesn't fit in with the style that we play. I think he was a mistake.

On 29/06/2017 at 18:48, Everygamefox said:

Watford fans suggesting a swap for slim, who played for Silva at Sporting.

hope not as I think slim will come good this year.

I think Slim will have a great season. IMO Slim will not go to Watford that would be a step down that would be like getting relegated 

Archived