Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burton Away - 1st August

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

" second string maybe"

but recent signings

maguire 18m

musa 17m

Ibora 12m

ndidi 18m

Burton have spent 340 k in last 5 seasons, lets not use second string as excuse pls for another inept performance bah the last 10 mins

Agree totally

Remember when people wanted Ulloa back in the starting XI lol 

He is utter tripe, him and Slimani both have pretty poor all round games but at least with Slimani you know he can bury a chance once in a while (with his noggin albeit) and doesn't have the movement of a 40year old caravan 

Just now, Babylon said:

Despite all the bollocks written on here, he's always shown glimpses of what he could be. Tonight I think was exceptionally positive from him.

You expect more from a £16m signing for the then reining champions than 'glimpses of what he could be', against Burton Albion :-\

I'm fine with losing this game considering the second half, that salvaged it for me. Excellent goalkeeping against us tonight, we had a terrific number of opportunities in the second half, and Wes and Mahrez were the only first teamers in the 1H, weren't they? Perhaps Iborra will be as well, though I expect Ndidi and Drinky at first. In any event, that was much more promising. With vardy and Slim up top in that 4-3-3, Leicester wins, no question.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Despite all the bollocks written on here, he's always shown glimpses of what he could be. Tonight I think was exceptionally positive from him.

TBF I've had nothing good to say about him since he signed - in fact even before that. Tonight he was okay - against mid table champs opposition. Still would rather we sold him but credit for not actually having some decent play today.

Hopefully he's using some of these games to see who doesn't fit in with the squad and style of play (if there is one). I think the first team are a decent side, beyond that we look desperately light on quality.

Just now, jim5000 said:

You expect more from a £16m signing for the then reining champions than 'glimpses of what he could be', against Burton Albion :-\

The glimpses were last season, we had nothing more than glimpses from anyone else if I remember correctly because we were shit most of the season. Today he was up there with the best on the pitch by a country mile.

2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Training? :dunno:

I understand that but that’s what the behind closed doors friendly in Austria used to be for... just seems all over the place :( 

9 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

He's still a CB 

4 minutes ago, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

Darnell is a centre back 

OK, fair enough, he's a CB.  Why not play him there v MK Dons if Amartey is being groomed as an RB? (rhetorical question, I'm letting it go now!) :) 

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Yea I see what your saying luckily he is still young so plenty of time to sharpen up on his liabilities.

That is how I've felt, I just would like to see a bit more progress on it. But he's only 20, to be fair, I'm probably being too hard on the lad. But it is only bc he brings something to the team at times, he flashes quality, and then makes an unforced error. Frustrating, but again, only 20, as you say.

Just now, themightyfin said:

Sorry I don't pick the team 

All good! Like I said, he's one I'm still learning about and only get to see youngsters through highlights and what I read (a downside of being 4800 miles away) 

2 minutes ago, toddybad said:

So far Maguire is the only player to break into our first XI imho.

Need a new CB and ACM ASAP.

Iborra was fine. Might not have done enough to be a named starter, but I wouldn't be upset if he did.

This is a joke, right? Are we pretending that we're shit so Arsenal take us lightly? We have scored 4 goals in pre-season, won just one game in 90 minutes, led just twice and only for 15 minutes and yet we all pretty much think that we can finish top half. I'm not convinced at all.

Having said all of that we were pretty crap in preseason the year we won the prem. 

Archived