Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burton Away - 1st August

1 minute ago, toddybad said:

So far Maguire is the only player to break into our first XI imho.

Need a new CB and ACM ASAP.

Yes. This. Yes. 

I think we should take a flyer on someone like Boudebouz. It is getting late. Even if he isn't a starter, for 15 million, he has the potential to really improve this team when Mahrez goes, even as an impact substitute. Or Max Meyer is seemingly available, he's a likely lad, 20 million may get him, we can outbid Spurs.

5 minutes ago, toddybad said:

TBF I've had nothing good to say about him since he signed - in fact even before that. Tonight he was okay - against mid table champs opposition. Still would rather we sold him but credit for not actually having some decent play today.

mid table is generous 

relegation fodder stayed up by a point

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I'm thinking we could play Chilwell on the wing against Arsenal. A bit more defensive solidity, not bad going forward.

No, he isn't a winger and we're not trying to be the most boring team in England.

10 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Remember when people wanted Ulloa back in the starting XI lol 

He is utter tripe, him and Slimani both have pretty poor all round games but at least with Slimani you know he can bury a chance once in a while (with his noggin albeit) and doesn't have the movement of a 40year old caravan 

He does though.

Why can't people accept they are both shit?

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

No, he isn't a winger and we're not trying to be the most boring team in England.

I'm pretty sure we are trying that.

We've got some competition with Brighton, West Bromwich and Man U but I reckon we might just pull it off this year.

Why didn't we bring another striker tonight? 

Why did we play 3 similar style central midfielders for most of the game?

Why wasn't the intensity shown second half demanded earlier? 

Too many strange decisions being made for me to be happy with any of that tonight. 

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Why did we play 3 similar style central midfielders for most of the game?

Didn't see any of the match tonight but Shakespeare's tried this in every friendly and each time we've been worse off for it.

I didn't watch the game, and I know in the grand scheme of things have, the following question is  massively insignificant, but I was just wondering who finished the match with the armband? I would assume Morgan started as Captain and gave Kingy the armband at half time? But who finished the game as Captain when King came off?

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Despite all the bollocks written on here, he's always shown glimpses of what he could be. Tonight I think was exceptionally positive from him.

Yep - Against Championship defenders. But I agree there is something there that might, with the addition of another conpatriot, might come up and show many of us we were wrong!

Anyone else remember a simliarly "poor" pre-season?

20 July 2013 Ilkeston 0 – 0 Leicester City XI [show]Ilkeston
24 July 2013 York City 0 – 0 Leicester City [show]York
27 July 2013 Corby Town 2 – 3 Leicester City XI [show]Corby
27 July 2013 Leicester City 0 – 3 AS Monaco [show]Leicester
31 July 2013 Coalville Town 3 – 1 Leicester City XI [show]Coalville

Remember what happened?

333FB6EA00000578-3554014-image-a-1_14613

CALM. DOWN.

Och.  Bad result and bad team performance but, of course, ol' Rumble aint as down as some of you.  Results and overall performances been pretty bad pre-season but I don't think it is necessarily a sign of how we will play come the season opener.  Of course I would rather us win and rather the performances be good and some individuals do look pretty poor but I still cannot be fully down.  Pre-season is mostly about fitness, the tactics are worked on in training rather than the games.  I normally look out for individuals in pre-season games and I think, on that front, the signs are not completely negative. We know Schmeichel is great, Maguire has looked very good and Wes can still cut it.  Chilwell looked good tonight and Fuchs is one of our most capable players.  Simpson never really plays badly although right back cover is, I'll admit, a slight worry.  Ndidi will be fine and James has looked good.  Drinkwater and Iborra also don't worry me too much, they are both proven performers.  On the wings I feel OK too.  Musa and Gray looked good tonight and we know Mahrez and Albrighton are two of our best players.  If Mahrez leaves the wing is a problem but for now I am not too worried.  Up front Vardy is Vardy and hopefully Iheanacho is as good as we all hope.  Behind them we have Okazaki and Slimani who I have trust in.  ALl those mentioned have looked OK in pre-season and next game we will get a better indication still.

Now where we do suffer is depth but you could argue we always have and, moreover, we are Leicester City.  Even the big boys struggle to keep fringe players happy so we are not going to be able to have a bench of world class players.  If we are lucky with injuries (and remember no Europe) I trust our starting 11 to be top half easily.  I dunno, we'll see but I don't think things quite as bad as some see them.

X

Archived