Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Bojan Krkic

27 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

This forum makes me laugh.

First people getting angry because we were after Johnny Evans a proven quality defender with a great attitude and bags of experience who's such a bad signing he is now joining man city.

2nd people getting dead excited because we are possibly linked with signing bojan who has been shite for two years and can't get in stokes side just because he had a good game against us and once played for Barca.

Do some of you even watch football outside of city games?

Mark Hughes plays a conservative defensive style, I recall Albrighton having to endure a similar situation with Paul Lambert. Once the shackles come off it can make a difference, as Marc's testament too, he didn't get a look in towards the end of his Villa career. 

We have very little creativity in the squad, Bojans main strength is quick passing that's very accurate. Other than Mahrez we don't have that in abundance. He'd be a very good squad addition, especially unlocking teams that play a low block against us (invariably at the KP). 

1 minute ago, Worthington said:

You certainly are not. Shows little in the way of ambition if we're targeting someone with such an half-arsed attitude...comes up with the 'goods' about one game in every 5 or 6!

Sorry, but a lot of the 'love' for Bojan seems to have roots in the fact that he's given our defence the runaround a couple of times. Trouble is, we're about the only team he constantly enjoys good games against ! 

Or that we don't have much in the way of creative and technical footballers. If Mahrez stays we probably won't have two 'flair players' in the starting line up (at least not often anyway), but you need options and if we spend say £30 million on an attacking midfielder, they're expected to start every single game. I'm under the impression that Shakespeare is relatively happy with his starting 11 and that's it's the overall squad that he wants to strengthen. The point is that £10 million for Bojan isn't really a gamble, it would improve our squad as far as I'm concerned. 

Just now, Worthington said:

Sorry Ben, but not excited by this possibility. Doesn't 'hit' me as an 'oh yes please' signing.

I could be way 'off beam' and  the guy might come here and end up being remembered as a legend. I just don't think so, he'll have to increase his work ethic considerably to be effective in our system !

I understand that. He has lost his over the past year and a half. I think that going forward he COULD be that no.10 that can make the killer pass at the right moment where it often breaks down with Shinji (still love the man). I don't think we'll make any more signings this window that will have us jumping up and down with glee, merely potential/functional ones. 

1 hour ago, RoyFox said:

Mark Hughes plays a conservative defensive style, I recall Albrighton having to endure a similar situation with Paul Lambert. Once the shackles come off it can make a difference, as Marc's testament too, he didn't get a look in towards the end of his Villa career. 

We have very little creativity in the squad, Bojans main strength is quick passing that's very accurate. Other than Mahrez we don't have that in abundance. He'd be a very good squad addition, especially unlocking teams that play a low block against us (invariably at the KP). 

Not saying he would be a bad signing per say I would be synical though.

but all signings carry a degree of risk. There is no set formula Who would have thought top European talent like  Inler and Krameric would have flopped yet a unknown Algerian from the 2nd tier of French Football would have changed the club's history.

I was just point out how fans attitudes change when linked with un-fashinonable signings which is strange as we won the leauge with almost completely un-fashinonable signings.

Coincidentally I was thinking about him yesterday. I mentioned on here ages ago how he'd be the perfect signing for us in the sense that he would be a realistic signing who would be the perfect fit for the number 10 role. I think if we were to sign him we'd suddenly see Mahrez back to his best on a consistent basis (assuming he stays) as teams wouldn't be able to stick 2/3 men on him as doing so would allow Bojan the time and space on the ball. I'd love to see this one happen, although my only concern is how much that ACL injury has impacted him, but if the fee quoted is true then it really isn't too much of a gamble in today's market. 

I have quite a few Stoke supporting mates and they say that Bojan was absolutely brilliant up until his injury, after that he then became afraid to commit to any sort of challenge or close people down and became a hindrance on the team. I'm not sure this would be a good signing tbh.

for ten mill we could really make this work i reckon. 

classic nigel signing this, someone who is clearly good enough just needs to be loved and trained properly. we don't really have any other similar players either, always good to have a different option. 

I think he could be great for our style, especially if we lose Mahrez. He'd be an ideal foil for Vardy. Now we've got Maguire who might be able to find the feet of one of our midfielders. If that midfielder was Bojan, he'd be able to play a decent ball in between the oppositions defence and keeper for Vardy to run onto. It may take a small structural change, but it could work. 

Obvioulsy it isn't as simple as it sounds but it COULD work. 

15 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Maybe, just maybe, we're looking at a different formation.

And that would be? 

Im not sure there is an ideal one that gets our best players and big signings in the team.

Only one I can think of is 343, but we don't have enough centre backs to play that all year.

Even then, that would mean no Mahrez, No Gray.

Archived