Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Ulloa new contract

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

1 goal in over a season. Couldn't even muster a single chance let alone score against a dog shit Sheffield Utd and his abysmal efforts in pre-season shouldn't be ignored. He's a player who's game is falling to pieces and may only be put back together with regular game time and surely he's not getting that here. Doesn't make sense. We should have just got rid and spent some money on George Hirst as our 5th choice striker.

He was part of two of the goals and had several headers saved. Wouldn't say that is no chances. 

He is a useful squad player and has assets that our other strikers don't. Happy with this business. 

Trying to think of the angle here. Maybe we bump his money up as a sort of 'bonus' and he agrees to leave on loan with a view to a permanent move. He gets more money for a year and 'reward' for his service and we bin him permanently next summer? 

I'm happy with it. 

Ulloa will still fetch good money from a Championship club either in January or next summer.

It looks clear that Iheanacho and Vardy will be our first choice and Okazaki probaby third choice. It gives us the option to sell Slimani if there is a club sniffing behind the scenes that are willing to just about give us our money back. Selling Slimani wouldn't be a bad thing at his age and considering we may have under 40 games left this season. Slimani isn't a No10 and he won't play ahead of Vardy.

We didn't even have a 4th choice striker in our title winning season and coped fine. Maybe having a £30m striker with his wages sat mainly on the bench is worth cashing in on?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... no.. noooo... jesus....

He has been absolute dog piss for the past year and is in steady decline. We already have Vardy, Kelechi, Slimani, Okazaki (who is perhaps less of a striker), and Gray who could mix it up in the number 10 role. I suppose he is a known quantity in that we know we are getting f*** all out of him but I would have preferred to move him on and perhaps bring in another defender.

I know Slim is expensive and is sitting on the bench but we know that he can score goals and compete against the big boys, having said that he isn't much younger then Vardy and we could try to recoup on him now but I still think he's a far better alternative to Ulloa. 

Edited: I also forgot to include Musa who plays up top.

11 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

i think CS finds it hard to let go of players just like he finds it hard to let go of footballs .  

He's not done the two balls thing in ages. I suspect the lads got wind of the memes and took the piss out of him for it.

2 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Yes.  There are just a couple of days of transfer window left. If Slim goes, we are short on strikers. How many are going to want to come

and sit on the bench?? Liked by team members. Perfectly adequate as emergency cover and cameo roles. A good alternative tk what we have if Slim goes. Who were you expecting to come

and play that role? 

I'd have binned Ulloa and kept Slimani.

57 minutes ago, Koke said:

He's right about Ranieri breaking promises though.

One club offered a pittance and the other was Sunderland who we were in a relegation fight with.

26 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'm happy with it. 

Ulloa will still fetch good money from a Championship club either in January or next summer.

It looks clear that Iheanacho and Vardy will be our first choice and Okazaki probaby third choice. It gives us the option to sell Slimani if there is a club sniffing behind the scenes that are willing to just about give us our money back. Selling Slimani wouldn't be a bad thing at his age and considering we may have under 40 games left this season. Slimani isn't a No10 and he won't play ahead of Vardy.

We didn't even have a 4th choice striker in our title winning season and coped fine. Maybe having a £30m striker with his wages sat mainly on the bench is worth cashing in on?

I think you'd sell your mother if the price was right.

Why do you want to sell all our best players just as they reach their peak, they don't all go downhill within 6 months.

Up there with the 'Happy Revolution Day' for social media fails.

Why would they make such a big deal out of this?! He's not a key player, many people would be happy to see the back of him... I really don't get what kind of reaction LCFC's social media team were expecting. Ulloa was clearly offered a contract to keep him happy. Fine. But to do all the bravadery just seems like a terrible decision to me.

6 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

One club offered a pittance and the other was Sunderland who we were in a relegation fight with.

I think you'd sell your mother if the price was right.

Why do you want to sell all our best players just as they reach their peak, they don't all go downhill within 6 months.

We should have sold Ulloa for £9m in January. It was such a passive decision not to back ourselves to stay up and worry about strengthening Sunderland with a striker that was considered not good enough for our first team.

I'm happy enough to see Slimani leave if we got our money back. It's not ideal to have a £30m fourth choice striker who is approaching 30.

Clearly there is a plan here, or else we wouldn't be making this move. He is likely to be sold to a Championship squad I suspect, or to be a squad player like Andy King.

The fear of course is that this is a prelude to moving Slimani, though that strikes me as unlikely. We tend to think that just because they are similar in style, but they are in no way comparable in terms of performance, so if we don't choose to keep Slim, I have to believe it is because we have someone else lined up. We are not likely to be planning to play with Vardy, Nacho, Okazaki, and Ulloa as our strikers. We need three goal scorers, minimum, if we plan to compete in both the cups and the league. Plus Shakey has shown interest in a three forward line at times, why move out one of our top-2/top-3 forwards when we aren't hurting for money? If you think about it, we do need to get younger at forward, so a move for Slimani and then a subsequent purchase of another younger forward would actually make some sense, as we could lose Nacho well before his contract ends. 

I don't think the dust has settled here yet.

Leicester City's Leo Ulloa thanks fans for their understanding after voicing desire to move on

Leonardo Ulloa has thanked the Leicester City fans for supporting him during his difficult time at the club when he vowed not to pull on the City shirt again following a falling out with former manager Claudio Ranieri.

The Argentinian striker went public with his desire to leave City after accusing Ranieri of betraying him by going back on an agreement to let him leave in January and said he wouldn’t play for City again, but since Ranieri’s departure in February Ulloa has experienced a transformation under Craig Shakespeare.

Instead of wanting to leave, Ulloa has signed a new two-year contract and says he is looking forward to enjoying more success with City after helping the club to the Premier League title two seasons ago.

Ulloa said he now wanted to pay the fans back for their understanding during that period.

“They can’t sing I cost a fortune because we have some new players now,” joked the former record signing on LCFC TV.

“I love them and I appreciate them because when I am on the pitch or when they come across me in the street they always support me. For every player that is important.

“They support the team but individual players as well. That is important for motivation to give more for them.

Leonardo Ulloa signs a new contract at Leicester City (Image: Plumb Images/Leicester City FC via Getty Images)

“The last three years they are amazing. Last season, was uncomfortable for me but they still supported me. I appreciate it a lot.

“I can only say thank you for what they give to me all the time.”

Shakespeare has been the pivotal figure in Ulloa’s remarkable turnaround in fortunes at the club and Ulloa said the former assistant manager deserved his chance to lead City.

“I said to him congratulations because after what he did last season he deserved this opportunity,” said Ulloa.

“He knows me very well because he has been here a long time. He was here when I came here.

“He has good ideas for the team and he knows the team well. He can give us different things than the other coach.

“For that it was very important he stayed here with us.

“I enjoy training every day because it is different. He wants us to get the ball and pass the ball, and on the counter attack as well.

“He has very good ideas for the team.”

I guess he's not been on here then.

Archived