Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

We lost by a point on aggregate to Toulouse :(

They were the better team and we did well to score when down to 14 but their class came through, had to be Dupont with a line break didnt it?

The late try concede against 14 man Toulouse in the first leg cost us overall though knowing Toulouse they probably would have beaten us by what they needed either way.

Just notice you guys have Leinster next then the winner of Munster v Toulouse - doing it the hard way!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nalis said:

We lost by a point on aggregate to Toulouse :(

They were the better team and we did well to score when down to 14 but their class came through, had to be Dupont with a line break didnt it?

The late try concede against 14 man Toulouse in the first leg cost us overall though knowing Toulouse they probably would have beaten us by what they needed either way.

Just notice you guys have Leinster next then the winner of Munster v Toulouse - doing it the hard way!

Both games would be at home though so we’ve definitely got a chance. The Quarter final is a free shot imo, we’re a young side on the up whereas Leinster are starting to age (although they have a conveyor of talent). There’s very little pressure on tigers, with a fully fit and firing team, I think we can have them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lionator said:

Both games would be at home though so we’ve definitely got a chance. The Quarter final is a free shot imo, we’re a young side on the up whereas Leinster are starting to age (although they have a conveyor of talent). There’s very little pressure on tigers, with a fully fit and firing team, I think we can have them. 

Definitely. I'm thinking with home advantage you'll beat Leinster but lose to Toulouse simply because they're on a different planet.

22 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Definitely. I'm thinking with home advantage you'll beat Leinster but lose to Toulouse simply because they're on a different planet.

See I think the other way around, if we can beat Leinster then we could beat Toulouse at home. Ulster definitely showed they can be beaten, I think without Kolbe this season they lack that extra 5% of magic on top of their ridiculously brilliant Dupont and Ntamack

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Got to beat the best to be the best, really.

The Tigers are the best side in England now - if they can't beat the very best at home - which Toulouse probably are - then they don't deserve to win the Cup.

Do you think we are better than Sarries? I am not sure. Assuming things go to form and we play them in the premiership final, I would still see them as favourites.

Anyhow, so the European quarter final will be on 6th or 7th May (working round City playing Everton on the Sunday). My money is on a Friday night match I think. 

28 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Do you think we are better than Sarries? I am not sure. Assuming things go to form and we play them in the premiership final, I would still see them as favourites.

Anyhow, so the European quarter final will be on 6th or 7th May (working round City playing Everton on the Sunday). My money is on a Friday night match I think. 

I think that on current form we are, yeah. League table doesn't lie. Of course, in a one-off game anything can happen.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nalis said:

will depend of their injuries

they had Marchand, Baille and Cros out

Edited by Dr Marco

Just posting..cos 22hrs is too long a period for last post, for our most successful team in the city.

Plus Tigers like to tell the neighbourhood they are in the vicinity & you forget them at your own peril..

Some jungle folk have forgot causing their own loss…

image.jpegMy best mate…

here kitty kitty

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Just posting..cos 22hrs is too long a period for last post, for our most successful team in the city.

Plus Tigers like to tell the neighbourhood they are in the vicinity & you forget them at your own peril..

Some jungle folk have forgot causing their own loss…

image.jpegMy best mate…

here kitty kitty

Given your avatar & the fact that the tigers play in green & red...

image.png.e138f4954de2363ccec9770a5af25202.png

Here kitty kitty!

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Chocolate Easter Tiger

My younger days,when I could ride a Tiger,Drink a Tiger, and what lassies used to call me…when I danced with Tiger feet

Now I am just a paper Tiger, with fading stripes

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like we have secured the services of Anthony Watson for next season which if he can come back as good as he can be, after the ACL which he is currently sidelined with, then its a great signing for Wing & cover for 15.
I fear this is to replace Nadolo & not Ashton although could be both i guess.

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not Tigers but I've never seen this scenario between Munster and Toulouse, currently on BT if anyone wants to join. Basically a penalty shootout lol

Was an absolutely superb game tbf and the winner of the Tigers match now plays Toulouse I think?