Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea away pre match thread

Just now, Monsell1976 said:

I thought he was ****ing awful yet again, cannot cross a ball, keep possession, but that the problem, we haven't a natural right wing back.

Fair enough, I would rather we play with Gray but then we would have to continue with 4-4-2 which I would rather we move away from.

We could play this formation I guess

Schmeichel

Simpson - Morgan - Maguire - Chilwell

Amartey

Iborra - Ndidi

Mahrez                                      Gray

Slimani

Slimani for Vardy as Slimani can hold up the ball and bring both Gray and Mahrez into play

Christ we need some positivity on this forum. It’s starting to feel like FT from 6 years ago - absolute melt down. 

Even when we were bottom of the league for virtually the whole season under NP there wasn’t this much despair about the place. 

I think some people need some perspective - we are lacking that extra 5%  that will make us a genuinely good side. 

I reckon we will win on Saturday. I think Swansea are a worse side than us and I think we were better tonight so I can see small steps towards improving enough to grab a win.

19 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

You must be blind if you think he was anything other than shit.

He gave the ball away like everyone else sure, but him and Mahrez also looked like our most likely players to create anything.

He seems a weird player to single out in that game he was one of the few players who actually tried to contribute positively and even though it didn't always come off, it did more than anyone else's attempts did.

4 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Christ we need some positivity on this forum. It’s starting to feel like FT from 6 years ago - absolute melt down. 

Even when we were bottom of the league for virtually the whole season under NP there wasn’t this much despair about the place. 

That was as a newly promoted side, however poor the results were. We are three years further on with relative fortunes spent (and wasted) on the squad. There is despair because people are bored, frustrated and cannot see where improvement will come.

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He gave the ball away like everyone else sure, but him and Mahrez also looked like our most likely players to create anything.

He seems a weird player to single out in that game he was one of the few players who actually tried to contribute positively and even though it didn't always come off, it did more than anyone else's attempts did.

I clearly need to watch it back, because where I was stood, he hit the first defender virtually every time, sloppy in possession, and lacked any sort of quality.

In fairness the performance from all was shit, and I was agreeing with a team selection suggested, and didn't single him out as such, just liked the side, without an out of form Albrighton as a wing back

42 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Schmeichel

Dragovic - Morgan - Maguire

Albrighton                                    Chilwell

Ndidi - Iborra

Mahrez

Vardy - Slimani

This team or nothing for me. 

Will be 442 with Okazaki back in the team though. If that is the case, 2 nil Swansea.

Kasper

Amartey 

Maguire

Dragovic

Gray

Ndidi

Iborra

Chilwell

Mahrez

Okazaki

Vardy

Amartey and Dragovic deserve a chance. Think they’d both be suited in a back three. Start to fade Morgan out now. Middle two don’t really have another option. Get pace on the wings. Creative playmaker in CAM. Two work horses causing havoc up top.

Away to Swansea and a new look away team please. 

I would go:

GK: Kasper

LB: Chilwell

DC: Dragovic

DC: Maguire

DR: Simpson

MC: King

MC: Iborra

MC: Ndidi

AMC: Mahrez

AMC: Gray

ST: Vardy

Go there and put in an away performance like Pulis might do. We need to try and get points on the road again.

5 hours ago, TheMightySystem said:

Schmeichel

Dragovic - Morgan - Maguire

Albrighton                                    Chilwell

Ndidi - Iborra

Mahrez

Vardy - Slimani

This is the formation for me. There looks to be potential for quick and accurate passing occurring naturally between adjacent players and fluidity of movement, as long as they stick close together and don't allow anyone to get isolated.

Dragovic-Albrighton on one side, and Maguire-Chilwell on the other, linking with the central midfielders. Plenty of capability to feed the 3 at the front, who can interchange constantly to disrupt the oppo defence.

Looks good.

Archived