Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

19 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Arguments for and against but in so many ways he just doesn't cut the mustard for me. I do agree though that some players have to adapt to the pace and physicality of our league but at the age they are, I think it's a lot to ask of 29/30yr olds like Silva and Iborra who have certain systems and styles so ingrained in them. If Silva is that much of a player why at 29 has nobody else been rushing to pay  £30m for him? Yet again, I fear we've bought a pup! The odd incisive pass doesn't make up for many stray ones, being very easy to brush off the ball and not seeing let alone track runners. For the price paid, you should reasonably expect a better performing player who lets face it, will have no sell on value.

I keep hearing this argument or variations of it.  Why has he been at Sporting all his career etc.  He has been closely linked with Spurs and Chelsea but Sporting are a good club, a Champions league club and title challengers.  Portugal are a good international side. 

So what is the next level from Sporting?   PSG? Bayern? Barcelona?   Perhaps he isn't good enough for that level but do you honestly think if he was that we would have a chance of signing him?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, murphy said:

I keep hearing this argument or variations of it.  Why has he been at Sporting all his career etc.  He has been closely linked with Spurs and Chelsea but Sporting are a good club, a Champions league club and title challengers.  Portugal are a good international side. 

So what is the next level from Sporting?   PSG? Bayern? Barcelona?   Perhaps he isn't good enough for that level but do you honestly think if he was that we would have a chance of signing him?

That's a fair point actually,  hadn't quite looked at it like that.

• Like 1

On 20/04/2018 at 07:10, Stan said:

Complete BS. Hyperbolic BS too boot.

25 million to buy,100,000 a week with NI etc..,couldn't play for 4 months,29 years old, team has been awful with him and he has been too slow,can't pass and can't shoot.

Name a worse signing

34 minutes ago, Claridge said:

25 million to buy,100,000 a week with NI etc..,couldn't play for 4 months,29 years old, team has been awful with him and he has been too slow,can't pass and can't shoot.

Name a worse signing

Yet more hyperbolic BS.

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

Name a worse signing

Matt Mills 

Musa 

Robbie Neilson 

Junior Lewis 

Zac Whitbread 

Dennis Wise 

Etc etc.. 

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

Name a worse signing

Irrespective whether he is Messi or coatsworth, that’s not down to him 

Even ngolo took a few weeks to get up to speed !

On 4/21/2018 at 15:05, David Hankey said:

They also say he's not used to the "pace" of the Premiership, cobblers!! He should be a fit, athletic individual ready to take part in the best league in the world. Can we really afford the luxury of incoming players having to find their feet 6 months on?

Another armchair footballer-

2 hours ago, Claridge said:

Name a worse signing

I admire your consistency at slagging him off. Credit where its due you never stopped since the day he put a foot on the pitch.

Still BS post though.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, teblin said:

He has shown flashes of real quality. Remember cambiaso took a good few months. Vardy was poor in his first season with us and was pretty poor in his first premier season. 

Agreed. Not perfect but it will better soon. I think he needs more adjusting to the team. 

Looks to little and lightweight, for every good pass he does, his equally as bad at giving the ball away.

given the criticism of king and James I think Silva got away quite lightly considering his been playing with the team for approaching 5 months

Edited by HankMarvin

2 hours ago, Claridge said:

Name a worse signing

The impatient idiotic fans are Leicester's worst signings.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

It continues to depress me how judgemental and damning some fans can be. No, things are not perfect, I agree. Why do we have to find so much wrong at the slightest opportunity?

Said already this weekend - a large section of football supporters only see yes or no, black or white, great or s***te. 

You’d think with all the transformations in players and managers what’s happened at this club in recent years, they’d be some patience. Alas no. 

12 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

This is one of the most depressing threads I've read on this forum.  And I remember that particularly depressing one that led to Thracian's departure.  X

Could be worse Rumble. You could have your valid point summarily waved away as 'politically correct' by someone who can't be bothered to actually think.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 1

On 20/04/2018 at 22:37, cropstonfox said:

No hes another shit signi g from the poor potugese league.same age as andy king and less career goals..Bring kingy back and hes your third choice behind ibbora and indidi.Singing required to go into the tram alongside wilf.

Fvcking potugese wankers.  X

21 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

I admire your consistency at slagging him off. Credit where its due you never stopped since the day he put a foot on the pitch.

Still BS post though.

He's been consistently shit,blame him not me. Hope he turns it around,but would you start him next season on his current form?