Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

looked slobby for the first 30 minutes or so but got better as the game went on, he does have the eye for a pass and has put Vardy in a few times I think he just needs more time to adapt to this league.

I don't think he is used to being pressured as quick as he is now in the Prem and doesn't have the time on the ball he had in Portugal.

I think he needs more time there's no doubt he has quality about him, lets not forget he has only had the second half of the season to get to grips with it all.. will come good next season.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

Thought he was poor last night.

What is frustrating about him is that he plays and is involved in some lovely passing moves, but then under hits a square pass in the middle of the pitch and gives the ball away cheaply.

There is undoubted quality there but the lapses in concentration are far too frequent at the moment.

Needs a full pre season to get fully up to speed I feel.

The difference between him and Iborra is that, while they both made very slow starts, you could tell that Iborra had the quality on the ball and the eye for the pass which would mean that once he got used to the speed of the Premier League that he would be fine.

For Silva, he just runs around a lot. His passing, by and large, is utterly horrid.

20 hours ago, old koppite said:

I understand why you think that, and you’ve probably seen a lot more of him in live games than me, but I don’t get how he could have have gained such a high reputation across Europe if he is not up to standard, and sometimes we get a little flash of real skill and thoughtful play.

You do make a good point, that reputation has come along for a reason. He does show nice passes or touches but are straight away followed by mistakes. Currently he has no consistency.

10 hours ago, Ricey said:

Another case of an expensive foreign signing with good pedigree not cutting it for us.

I'm not sure these signings are bad players, I just don't think we integrate them very well.

I'd also add that English football is quite different to spanish and portuguese football... some people just cant catch on to the pace and physicality of it... and thats no shame because some British footballers don't have the technical ability to make it over there either...

He ain't that bad a player but I do wish our recruitment department would do some serious research as to Premier League suitability.. Portuguese football is so different to Premier League in all aspects and we seem to keep buying Premier League duds. The list is becoming embarrassing. 

11 hours ago, Ricey said:

Another case of an expensive foreign signing with good pedigree not cutting it for us.

I'm not sure these signings are bad players, I just don't think we integrate them very well.

Get a grip dude! He's played for us for all of about 5 mins for us and was out for 4 months prior! Some people on here are inpatient and that's an understatement! :nigel:

• Like 1

No hes another shit signi g from the poor potugese league.same age as andy king and less career goals..Bring kingy back and hes your third choice behind ibbora and indidi.Singing required to go into the tram alongside wilf.

On 25/02/2018 at 19:06, harpendenfox said:

Surely we, and Claude, need to simply see more of Silva in matches to see what he’s capable of. Feels to me as if he’s barely had a look in yet, and that’s daft

19 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

No hes another shit signi g from the poor potugese league.same age as andy king and less career goals..Bring kingy back and hes your third choice behind ibbora and indidi.Singing required to go into the tram alongside wilf.

You know the difference between a box-to-box and a #10 (where King played for years) right? You know where on the pitch they play and why one might get more goals than the other?

Arguments for and against but in so many ways he just doesn't cut the mustard for me. I do agree though that some players have to adapt to the pace and physicality of our league but at the age they are, I think it's a lot to ask of 29/30yr olds like Silva and Iborra who have certain systems and styles so ingrained in them. If Silva is that much of a player why at 29 has nobody else been rushing to pay  £30m for him? Yet again, I fear we've bought a pup! The odd incisive pass doesn't make up for many stray ones, being very easy to brush off the ball and not seeing let alone track runners. For the price paid, you should reasonably expect a better performing player who lets face it, will have no sell on value.

The whole thing with him doesn't really piece together, even if you ignore the shambles regarding signing him.

He's getting quite old. He's likely going to need time to adapt to the pace of the league. He cost about £25mil.

It just reeks of poor planning to me. Yet again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The whole thing with him doesn't really piece together, even if you ignore the shambles regarding signing him.

He's getting quite old. He's likely going to need time to adapt to the pace of the league. He cost about £25mil.

It just reeks of poor planning to me. Yet again.

Makes you wonder how many more **** ups certain people have to make before getting binned

11 hours ago, Beechey said:

You know the difference between a box-to-box and a #10 (where King played for years) right? You know where on the pitch they play and why one might get more goals than the other?

Yes I do actually.Both have played several roles and been good players.Silvas legs have gone and he is here for a payday.Kings legs not gone as much and loves this club

Swansea will stay up and sign king and play him next year.we will loan out silva to cut our losses on amother fanciful signing with no substance or premier league credentials.so yes he is shit.

7 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Yes I do actually.Both have played several roles and been good players.Silvas legs have gone and he is here for a payday.Kings legs not gone as much and loves this club

Swansea will stay up and sign king and play him next year.we will loan out silva to cut our losses on amother fanciful signing with no substance or premier league credentials.so yes he is shit.

Silva has never been quick, any Sporting fan will tell you that. As for your positioning point, he's played an attacking midfielder role 21 times, out of 235 league games. Clearly he's not an attacking midfielder.

Legs gone at 28/29?

• Like 2

They also say he's not used to the "pace" of the Premiership, cobblers!! He should be a fit, athletic individual ready to take part in the best league in the world. Can we really afford the luxury of incoming players having to find their feet 6 months on?

• Like 1