Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

53 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Needs to hit the gym hard and strengthen up. I noticed when Nacho came on he gave him an energy pouch which is concerning as I thought coming from Portugal he’d be used to the warm weather!

But he does look like a good player overall. As others have said, he has a good attitude and range of passing. He’s clearly an intelligent player. 

Nacho started the game he didn’t come on 

2 minutes ago, Spicer said:

He's just not that good. Iborra and even James were ahead in the pecking order for a reason it transpires.

I understand why you think that, and you’ve probably seen a lot more of him in live games than me, but I don’t get how he could have have gained such a high reputation across Europe if he is not up to standard, and sometimes we get a little flash of real skill and thoughtful play.

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

The worst signing we have ever made apart from swapping tommy English for Jim Melrose. Over 20 million pounds for Silva so he probably is the worst

We have made a few stinkers lately. Not sure he is the worst though.

I think he's an OK player, but not good enough to justify a fee of £25mil at his age. Another poor signing especially when you consider we cocked the deal up originally.

I know he's had a pretty shoddy time here but he's had enough now to be settled for me and he looks very hit and miss. 

6 hours ago, old koppite said:

It’s weird , ain’t it? How can someone with his obvious skill make so many poor passes over last 2 games. Anyone on here with a bit of sports technology training want to chip in? I reckon he’ll come good eventually. 

Him and Iborra are exactly the same, some real top quality play, but far too much sloppy stuff inbetween, completely unforced most of the time as well.

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Him and Iborra are exactly the same, some real top quality play, but far too much sloppy stuff inbetween, completely unforced most of the time as well.

I expected both of them to be better quality than this. They both have strong CV's from Europe. I don't watch too much european football but have to ask if the difference is that big.

8 hours ago, Claridge said:

The worst signing we have ever made apart from swapping tommy English for Jim Melrose. Over 20 million pounds for Silva so he probably is the worst

Complete BS. Hyperbolic BS too boot.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

He's probably the most skillful player we have in the squad (bar Mahrez). Very composed but he has not settled into the team completely. For starts he was out for 4 months not playing competitively and then when he could, he never really had a starting position.

How many games (full or more than 60 mins) has he played consecutively?

Give him the full pre-season to get ready.

No-one moans at Ndidi for regularly playing shocking passes. And that happens a lot more than Silva. Apparently Ndidi is amazing though...

agree... have to ignore the absolute rubbish that comes out of peoples mouths on here sometimes. How many players literally hit the ground running?? This guy could be absolute quality next year.  hes just getting used to the Pace and physicality of the English game its alot different to Portugal.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2

Reminds me a little of when Mancini was here for his little cameo.

Trying little things that no one else can read.  Simple passes are going astray making him look worse.  

Last night the little triangles and intricate passes between him, Mahrez and Nacho in the first half were a thing of beauty at times.

He's a victim of the Puel era.  Signed by one manager, didn't get to play until the other manager had his feet well under the table.  Hasn't had a run in the team and had little to no time to form any type of partnership with anyone.

Give him a full pre season and find him a settled partner in midfield.  Personally I think we have 3 1st choice midfielders, 2 of which look better in a midfield 3 (Iborra and Silva) but we keep playing 4-4-2.  N'didi is pretty much undroppable (not a word) so until we change our system I just don't we'll see the best of him,