Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Love how people are writing him off already when has only had about 4 Premier League starts. 

Well he had high standards to live up to as up until New Year people thought we had signed a modern day Michel Platini. :D

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

How did he play against Burnley?

Involved in a few nice passages of play, spread some nice passes, looked relatively comfortable on the ball, linked up well going forwards. I'd say a promising performance even if he was guilty of the occasional loss of possession. He's clearly got some class, we just need to give him time to settle down and fully adapt. So the rational fan would think anyway...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Babylon said:

How did he play against Burnley?

Other than the few wayward passes (which were almost all cross-field, long balls), he linked up well and if not for a tidy save from Pope would have had an assist. People's overreactions when a player who has barely played any league games in almost a year is astoundingly crazy.

Tried himself a long shot from the edge of the box, taking the ball down from a corner and side-foot volleying it. Narrowly missed over the bar. Would have been disgusting had he scored it.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Wilf took a little while to hit the ground running; but it didn't help silva lost ability to play for 6 months which'll have impacted probably just as much as being injured; maybe more. You can see his class which will only get better as he learns how to play with the team. 

side note; if the spin to set up vardy for a chance against Burnley had paid off think I'd have about fainted :D

Did he? 

Signing Wilf in January was the main reason we stayed up IMO.

I think every game I watch him he looks better and better and more suited to the league, but still a bit to go until I think he will start looking constantly class. I liked his attitude today, never gave up, but not really able to use strength against anyone. Would like him to shoot more also.

Hopefully something we can work on during pre-season. 

• Like 3

Needs to hit the gym hard and strengthen up. I noticed when Nacho came on he gave him an energy pouch which is concerning as I thought coming from Portugal he’d be used to the warm weather!

But he does look like a good player overall. As others have said, he has a good attitude and range of passing. He’s clearly an intelligent player. 

Just now, Babylon said:

For someone who was meant to be a good passer, he makes far too many shocking passes.

The one that went out for the throw in was my personal favourite.  Nobody anywhere near him, players and options a plenty, but he played a weird, chipped square ball between 2 City players and straight out for a throw.

I’m still not seeing him provide anything that any of the other CM’s we have couldnt provide.

Massive downgrade on Drinkwater so far.

He started struggling to keep up

towards the end of the 1st half and probably only lasted as long as he did in the 2nd half because there wasn’t a creative CM alternative on the bench. He was unable to get up and down the pitch and he unfortunately put too many simple passes astray for a player of his standard. I desperately want him to be a success after all the hype and the 14 seconds debacle but based on what we’ve seen at the moment he’s got some way to go to get up to speed.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

He started struggling to keep up

towards the end of the 1st half and probably only lasted as long as he did in the 2nd half because there wasn’t a creative CM alternative on the bench. He was unable to get up and down the pitch and he unfortunately put too many simple passes astray for a player of his standard. I desperately want him to be a success after all the hype and the 14 seconds debacle but based on what we’ve seen at the moment he’s got some way to go to get up to speed.   

It’s weird , ain’t it? How can someone with his obvious skill make so many poor passes over last 2 games. Anyone on here with a bit of sports technology training want to chip in? I reckon he’ll come good eventually. 

• Like 1