Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

Silva had a decent game today and is a good, classy player. He's showed a fair bit of quality and, for me, out shown the odd misplaced pass and getting caught on the ball (both of which could be put down to adapting to the league/the Leicester system).

He's not going to be making prime Yaya Toure style drives and scoring 20 a season, nor is he gonna be spreading Xavi style 40 yard passes with relentless accuracy because: 1) if he was at that level he wouldn't have been at Sporting all of his career and at Leicester now; and 2) he's been a very unfortunate victim of circumstance with the infamous deadline day shambles. I won't be judging Silva until he's had 15-20 starts for us and a full pre-season under his belt. Next season will be a clean slate for him.

• Like 1

I'm not sure that people are understanding that he's a creative midfielder. He takes on riskier passes than your other players. Therefore he will lose possession far more than other players. Mahrez loses the ball all the time. Look at players like Sanchez, loses the ball so many times a game. Give the guy some time to adapt to the English game. He'll come good next season I reckon. 

• Like 3

On 4/14/2018 at 17:57, Beechey said:

Sorry did Silva decide his price?

Why do people say that, of course, he didn't but given the great fanfare and much trumpeting of his arrival I for one certainly expected more by now.

Perhaps you're one of many who sits easily with mediocrity!!

Guest MattP

Think he's been average and some of his passing quite shoddy.

That said he's clearly got ability and deserves a proper run in the team - can't write off a player with his CV yet. The last 8 months would have been a nightmare for any player.

Don't think you can make a call on him either way after just 7 appearances. Ridiculous that some have already written him off completely though. Moves to a much stronger league having not played for 4 months and gets hammered for not immediately bossing it. Absolute joke.

26 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Why do people say that, of course, he didn't but given the great fanfare and much trumpeting of his arrival I for one certainly expected more by now.

Perhaps you're one of many who sits easily with mediocrity!!

"Not the player we anticipated and joins a long line of players who have not proved their worth"

Implies his worth was £22m, which you don't believe he's lived up to. So no, my point was entirely relevant. It's not his fault that the club spent £22m on him, it's not his fault that the transfer was botched, it's not his fault he missed 11 months of starting league football matches. He's started like 6 games in 11 months, why not give him the time he so clearly needs?

Why do our "fans" enjoy ripping into our players so much?

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I wonder if enough people will see what a gem of a player we now have.

1 minute ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Personally, I think he looks pretty shit

Well, pretty divided opinion ...   :)

For the record ..   I ain’t sure yet ...     I’ll leave it to Claude ...  

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Well, pretty divided opinion ...   :)

For the record ..   I ain’t sure yet ...     I’ll leave it to Claude ...  

Divided opinion - one person who tries very hard to be as fair as possible, and one who never has a positive thing to say.

That is not really a balanced comparison, now is it?

• Like 1

His initial cameos late on in home games we were winning looked promising

he hasn’t been able to force a run in the side and his match fitness remains short. He is also struggling to pick up the pace of the league, being caught in possession several times in the past couple games. He should be playing the remainder of games this season and he needs to pick up his fitness if he wants to make the world. cup squad. 

We should have a fair idea on him by the end of the season