Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

14 minutes ago, esoog said:

People criticising mahrez complete nuts, with a memory of my dog with Alzheimer's. 

Well ok let him play like a tit for the next two years uninterested while we languish in the relegation depths. Hey he was great he deserves to start. No wonder we are going down the pan let’s just play Morgan too he was great! 

Stupid argument

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

Well ok let him play like a tit for the next two years uninterested while we languish in the relegation depths. Hey he was great he deserves to start. No wonder we are going down the pan let’s just play Morgan too he was great! 

Stupid argument

He's uninterested? Not motivated? Hardly if he wants to play for the likes of Real Madrid, Barca or Man City. He's had the odd shh games when we were playing well.  you'd bench him and put who on? Gray? Chillwell ?  Or how about Harvey Barnes? Complete joke of an argument you're making blaming mahrez and thinking he's not interested 

2 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Silva needs a break from heavy criticism. He never played a game for four months, is  having to adapt to our tactics, in a side that has gone off the rails.

Exactly this. Benny, you can't expect him or others to play well when they haven't played 90minutes week in week out. 

2 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Silva needs a break from heavy criticism. He never played a game for four months, is  having to adapt to our tactics, in a side that has gone off the rails.

None of those things are an excuse for not being able to pass to a team mate, or being able to put a tackle in though are they? 

4 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Willing to give him a summer given his disrupted start here but at the moment he looks like an expensive Portuguese Marty James.

Yes never rated that marty james.

He's small, but not weak, and shows some quality and toughness.  And effort !

He hasn't shown lots to make one say he's a sure thing.  But why rush to judge him as a PL player after a few starts in a shambles (our ever-changing XI) in a shambolic end to the season.

We've numerous players who are clearly not good enough and positions where investment is absoutely necessary.  Let's worry about moving them on, and see what Silva can do in a more settled situation.  Assuming Rudkin can settle the situation.

14 hours ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

In the wider context of his time here I think he’s been okay. I’m not going to write him off as a shit waste of space just yet. 

the 6 months he didn’t play for he contributed more than the 5 months he has, he’s horrendous 

He was actually bar far the best player on the pitch at the weekend. Something is fundamentally wrong at the moment. So it’s really unfair to judge him. In fact with the amount of hostility flowing through the fans at the moment the slightest mistake is going to get highlighted and the subject devoured.... it was a very unpleasant game to be at, and I’ve not felt this kind of atmosphere for years... ever actually, even Holloway didn’t get this, I sense a genuine hatred from sections of the fans, it’s really not nice at the moment.

48 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

He was actually bar far the best player on the pitch at the weekend. Something is fundamentally wrong at the moment. So it’s really unfair to judge him. In fact with the amount of hostility flowing through the fans at the moment the slightest mistake is going to get highlighted and the subject devoured.... it was a very unpleasant game to be at, and I’ve not felt this kind of atmosphere for years... ever actually, even Holloway didn’t get this, I sense a genuine hatred from sections of the fans, it’s really not nice at the moment.

Have to agree with this. We didn't create much but just about the only creative forward passes seemed to come from Silva. I also thought he at least put in some effort. Problem was he was the only midfielder we had on show.  He looks too lightweight for me and the physicality and pace of the premier leagur is obviously quite a shock.

I think the general hostility around is down to what might have been. Under Holloway and all through those times we went down never really expecting much to happen so though we were downhearted at the regularity of poor perfomances we knew why they were happening; we simply weren't very good and neither were most of our squad.

Now we have paid many millions for players, paid out many millions in wages to them and to the managers and as the money continues to become more and more obscene so the fans' patience and tolerance levels of poor play lower.

For example I find it ridiculous that we pay a player thousands of pounds a week who can essentially only play with his left foot. I don't hate players but I do question their value. Basically most professional players are not that good at what they do considering the amount of money they are paid. We are on a road now that will only lead to more frustration, more anger and more hostility if fans don't believe players are good enough for what they are paid or are seen or perceived to be not putting in enough effort.

• Like 2

There were a lot more in blue shirts worse than him yesterday and he tried and put a shift in something that cannot be said of some of the players. Something is very wrong at the moment and that is not down to him, Ronaldo seems to rate the guy so will give him a break. Not sure anybody knew the tactics or positions yesterday and that is not down to him.

Nobody has played well in recent weeks. Why single one player out.

I think he's better than majority of our players anyway. Some of the balls he has played in recent weeks have been good and should have been converted into goals. He's won more than most of these players will and I believe if he doesn't make it here he'll be good somewhere else.

You don't start for Portugal, including a European Championship winning side, if you're not decent. Trouble is with Portugal, he's got better players playing alongside him.

Edited by Fox92

Guest MattP

He was trying his best, he just isn't that good.

So lightweight it's ridiculous, couple of times he was shrugged off trying to tackle like a feather.

11 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I wonder who in the Club's recruitment department thought he was ever that good. All we've seen is one or two flashes but nothing better than we already have.Yet more money squandered!!

Give him some time. He didn't get a preseason etc and has come in at a poor time. A full pre season behind him and some better players alongside him I think we'll see a good player.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Give him some time. He didn't get a preseason etc and has come in at a poor time. A full pre season behind him and some better players alongside him I think we'll see a good player.

I agree. Silva can't pick out a pass when nobody is open. The problem with the West Ham game was that there was no organization. There was plenty of huffing and puffing, but nobody knew where anyone else was headed or where to be. It looked like a bunch of guys playing together for the first time. We've never seen Silva play in a proper squad executing a plan.

By the way, look how well organized LCFC were in this match against Tottenham last November when Puel first took over:

What happened?