Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

7 minutes ago, Beechey said:

No love for Silva? Thought he was outstanding. 4 tackles, 93% pass completion, 3 shots, 60% forward passes, 1 key pass.

Beggars belief. He was stunning first half and bar a bit in the 2nd half when we slowly started to lose our rythm he was spot on. That pairing could have been disasterous tonight but they both performed well.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Beggars belief. He was stunning first half and bar a bit in the 2nd half when we slowly started to lose our rythm he was spot on. That pairing could have been disasterous tonight but they both performed well.

They were class to be fair. It was like they'd played together all season, I'm well happy with Choudhury he's a shoe-in for Ndidi, he's gonna be worth a fortune and future international blatantly 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Was very good first half, some great play... but his stamina is a concern for me.  He looked like he needed to come off after about 60 mins.

Yeah he looks leggy and lightweight at times and also classy and dynamic. Just hope he sticks it out here and we have faith in him as there's no reason he can't settle in this league, just needs to stay positive. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Yeah he looks leggy and lightweight at times and also classy and dynamic. Just hope he sticks it out here and we have faith in him as there's no reason he can't settle in this league, just needs to stay positive. 

He has the look of someone who smokes 30 a day... and the stamina of one :D

It was obviously going to take him some time. Pretty much an entire season without playing is going to make you rusty. There is nothing like match fitness and sharpness. 

Hopefully he'll have a good pre season and be ready to hit the ground running next season. Far too many players are written off too soon due to unrealistic expectations from the get go. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Played well first half with no one to mark. very average second half,especially when they attacked. Not convinced by him at all,will be disappointed if he is in the starting line up next season.

Very harsh, he certainly was stronger in the 1st than the 2nd but he was still one of our best players tonight. He was creative, positive, buzzed around the opposition and barely gave the ball away. 

57 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Played well first half with no one to mark. very average second half,especially when they attacked. Not convinced by him at all,will be disappointed if he is in the starting line up next season.

I'm sorry but it's hard to believe you actually watched the game from these comments, he was brilliant first half and above average second half. With a full pre season I think he'll be a starter for sure next season. 

• Like 1

Yeah, he bossed it tonight. 

Fell away a bit in the second but worked hard throughout and was a constant hassle in midfield. Played some great passes. 

I do think some people expect 10/10 performances for 90 minutes from some players and this just doesn't happen. We can't keep chastising players when they miss one or two passes in a game. Even the best players miss passes, miss-hit the ball, etc. It's unrealistic and not quite sure where we've got such high expectations from. 

He was very good, imo. With a proper pre-season and hopefully a prolonged period in the side he will get better and better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Claridge said:

I think the less impressive second-half performance was down to the knock he sustained in our box and which he was carrying into half-time.

I was simply glad it wasn't anything more serious - for one moment, I thought he'd be out for months. I had images of Koscielny lying on the ground away at Atlético popping up in my mind's eye.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I think the less impressive second-half performance was down to the knock he sustained in our box and which he was carrying into half-time.

I was simply glad it wasn't anything more serious - for one moment, I thought he'd be out for months. I had images of Koscielny lying on the ground away at Atlético popping up in my mind's eye.

when he went down it reminded me of Matt James vs Saints a few years back

On 06/05/2018 at 13:46, Fox92 said:

Give him some time. He didn't get a preseason etc and has come in at a poor time. A full pre season behind him and some better players alongside him I think we'll see a good player.

You preach patience but we are dealing with top athletes of their sport. Why can't they hit the ground running just as the newcomers to Leicester Basketball have done?

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

You preach patience but we are dealing with top athletes of their sport. Why can't they hit the ground running just as the newcomers to Leicester Basketball have done?

:nigel:

Hopefully, another start against Spurs will guarantee him a spot on the Portugal squad for this year's World Cup.

He's got all the attributes to become a big influence on the pitch, there's glimpses of genius. Passing, dribbling, ball control, vision - he even put in a sliding tackle at one point yesterday!

Training with the national team and a pre-season with us should do the trick for next season. :fc:

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Sometimes it’s not as easy as “well he’s a professional”. Vardy  needed patience, most of these players needed patience once we were promoted. 

Silva was good last night and I believe he will be good for us.