Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newcastle (A) Post Match Thread 2 - 3

Well that was certainly boring!!! :nigel:

Made far harder work of that than it should have been. Defensive errors costing us goals yet again, despite for the most part looking more assured. But I'm really glad we won the game and we bossed it at their place. The team is definitely going places as though we are wildly inconsistent through the 90 minutes, when it clicks we can look fabulous. There is a lot to criticize but if we fix our flaws and look at our potential, we could be great. This team should absolutely be in Europe next season with the quality we have.

I actually loved the camera shot of Puel stalking the touchline in fury at the start of the game when we were terrible. A few times during the match he did this to shelter us from the storm and sort us out. He doesn't come across like this during interviews but it''s quite apparent on the pitch.

Mahrez was man of the match for me, this system allows him to demonstrate his quality and he does just that. I hope we can keep him a bit longer because he's really upped his game recently, and not just through his goal scoring efforts. Ndidi was also fantastic in terms of overall contribution, but I hope the coaches work on his first touch and decision making. He seems to be able to win the ball almost as well as Kante could, but Kante never gave the ball away stupidly, he always just picked a good simple pass to get us on our way. Ndidi gives it away too often, and he often actually wins the ball back really well, but then gives it away immediately! Still I wouldn't mind having those problems as a 20 year old!

We are in great form at the moment, I genuinely look forward to every game we play. I was totally underwhelmed by Puel but he is winning me over as time goes by.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Redouane said:

I think it's time we bring back Fuchs 

You must be joking.

Chilwell was great and Fuchs came on and was beaten twice.

Deserved win even if it was in an unusual way. Wish we'd keep attacking when we go ahead in a game and put it away.

Well done Leicester.

Is that 8th by any chance? :ph34r:

Sloppy start and we nearly gave it away, Newcastle aren't a very good side at all.

That said we got there in the end. Albrighton looking good, should be getting an England cap. Midfield grew into it. Chilly looking good & establishing himself at this level, had a couple moments where he should've released the ball earlier but good performance. Vards did well in the third goal, kept them on edge throughout, not sure about if it was a pen. Riyad looking confident and quite happy. Even Simmo had a chance and Leo with some nifty footwork in the corner.

Just now, kushiro said:

Can't decide which was the highlight - Ndidi's double knock-out, Shinji's 'air shot' after Perez had kicked it , or Morgan's Cruyff turn. The whole game seemed like an extension of the Stockholm Xmas party.

Brilliant! At times it definitely looked like a bunch of lads either still pissed or recovering from a hangover out there. But you can tell they also had a good time ha ha ha!

We had 63% possession!!!!! ????. We’re the new Spudds!!!!  Laughter aside, I really like how Puel set us up for this game. We are slowly learning how not to treat the ball like a bomb. Like the way he pushed Simpson forward in the first half to create space inside for Mahrez. Chilwell scares me to death when he’s trying to pass from anywhere within 30 yards of his own goal. We were really not very good today but because of Puel setting us up in an attacking, front foot formation we always looked dangerous. Newcastle are truly a horrible side. Without Benitez they would deffo  be bottom of the league at this point. If they do not buy well in the January window I think they will in grave danger of going down.

These are the games we should win. And we did. Newcastle a pretty dreadful team. Nice to see us have a bit of luck for a change, it's been a while. That said, we were clearly the better team. Mahrez, Chilwell and Ndidi top notch. And Leo -  loved the corner flag keep ball. Class!

I'm really loving how we are passing out from the back... We've actually looked like an accomplished football team for a sustained period of time for the first time since Shakeys honeymoon period.

And that's with Simpson, Morgan and Ndidi in the team! None of them are very technically astute (Ndidi improving all the time though).

It's also pleasing that we are mixing it up and still going over the top for Vardy on occasion to keep teams guessing. Our passing is gradually getting crisp and quick whether short or long and that obviously helps us with our pacey attackers.

• Like 1

Very pleased, we deserved the win and were good value for it, we should have been out of sight though and taken the advantage, they should never have been in with a shout for a point with 5 minutes to go.

Delighted for Shinji to bag the winner - he always bags against them!

I'm a bit worried by Chilwell at left back though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SpazticChicken said:

Sloppy start and we nearly gave it away, Newcastle aren't a very good side at all.

That said we got there in the end. Albrighton looking good, should be getting an England cap. Midfield grew into it. Chilly looking good & establishing himself at this level, had a couple moments where he should've released the ball earlier but good performance. Vards did well in the third goal, kept them on edge throughout, not sure about if it was a pen. Riyad looking confident and quite happy. Even Simmo had a chance and Leo with some nifty footwork in the corner.

100% agreed. Brilliant guy and deserves recognition. Don't think you'd ever see him at a major tournament, but deserves a cap at the very least. Puel is bringing the best out of him, because he's more than just a workhorse now, some of his passing and combination in the interchange is very good.