Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newcastle (A) Post Match Thread 2 - 3

Vintage Shinji he can humiliate opposite teams even when having a concussion. Goal of the month

Defensively we were shambles but that's well deserved 3 points. I'm not sure about playing Mahrez Gray and Albrighton at the same time. The midfield was all over the place, thankfully we have Ndidi. Mahrez and Gray were great but this formation is exposing our defence. Chills for all his pace and dribbling skills is highly prone to defensive errors

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Huh?   Id’ve been furious if he hadn’t won that!

I only saw the second half and that's what I based that on.

Thought neither teams offered much going forward in the second half.

I take it we must have been great in the first half?

10 minutes ago, FIF said:

You must be joking.

Chilwell was great and Fuchs came on and was beaten twice.

Deserved win even if it was in an unusual way. Wish we'd keep attacking when we go ahead in a game and put it away.

Well done Leicester.

Is that 8th by any chance? :ph34r:

I know you want to credit for that call, FIF, but let's not forget we had to change manager to make it happen.

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I can't believe there are some criticising that performance. Yeah, the first 10 minutes were dreadful, but we were head and shoulders above them for the rest apart from a couple of mistakes and the odd unlucky deflection. 

On one hand I agree with you Ted but I think the frustration stems less from the performance more from the fact that we absolutely dominated them but lapses in our concentration kept giving them a sniff in a game which should never have been as tight as that.

• Like 1

Great to win when we weren't at our best. 

A bit harsh on Newcastle I felt but a big 3 points. 

Grade A marks for Claude so far.couldn't have asked for more. 

The only downside to this was that we might be looking at the last few days of Mahrez at Leicester. 

A tall order to get something at Southampton maybe after good away form but they won't fancy playing us. 

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

I know it wasn't perfect, but we had opportunities to fold, or settle for a point, and we did neither. That's a huge win in some adversity (2 strong penalty shouts), and the bottle, character and will to win was fantastic to see.

Showed a lot of characters at 2-2. Their fans were right back in it. 

5 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

On one hand I agree with you Ted but I think the frustration stems less from the performance more from the fact that we absolutely dominated them but lapses in our concentration kept giving them a sniff in a game which should never have been as tight as that.

Yeah, fair enough. It's progress though- we dominated possession away from home and were worthy winners. That hasn't happened often enough in the last 18 months.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

I know you want to credit for that call, FIF, but let's not forget we had to change manager to make it happen.

We should never have kept him on. He's why I only said top 8 and not higher. :)

13 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

I only saw the second half and that's what I based that on.

Thought neither teams offered much going forward in the second half.

I take it we must have been great in the first half?

We were significantly better in first half…

I was also aluding to the fact that Newcastle were pretty atrocious for the entire 90 mins