Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Palace Home Post-Match 0-3

44 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Still ain't got over it ...    This hollow feeling will last at least till tomorrow ...   Just the other day said welcome to a newby on the introduce yourself thread ...    Think my words were welcome to the rollercoaster !   

Same here, call me sad I don't care, defeats used to ruin my weekends, i've perhaps grown up or perhaps its to do with winning the league or something - defeats don't hurt as much anymore, but odd ones do, Spurs last season, it gave me nightmares, that really ruined my week, was so angry, yesterday was like deja vu of that and i'm still fuming now.

The one thing I will say is I go down the gym and let all the frustration out - gives me a really good drive to workout.

The worry is Man City on Tuesday, United on Saturday...I can't see the feel good coming back for 2 weeks atleast.

Merry Christmas.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Fatigue. 

I dont buy it. 

We only had 2 full days of rest when most of the studies made on the subject proved that unless you go the anabolic chemical route, 72hrs are needed to get back at a 100%; so yes indeed, 24hrs of rest are a tremendous advantage, period.

We never looked able to get off 2nd gear or press them the same way we usually hassle the opposition at the KP, very unlikely to put that on the player's motivation. 

Bad day at the office, plenty of games left to target a top 8 finish; onwards and upwards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DelBoy73 said:

We only had 2 full days of rest when most of the studies made on the subject proved that unless you go the anabolic chemical route, 72hrs are needed to get back at a 100%; so yes indeed, 24hrs of rest are a tremendous advantage, period.

We never looked able to get off 2nd gear or press them the same way we usually hassle the opposition at the KP, very unlikely to put that on the player's motivation. 

Bad day at the office, plenty of games left to target a top 8 finish; onwards and upwards.

After 48 hours muscle is repaired.

Your statement pretends we have never played Wednesday and Saturday anyway; utter nonsense and making excuses; it forgives poor play and poor tactics without reason. 30% of the outfield team didn’t start Wednesday anyway ffs.That turnaround is the norm in an English football season. 

That aside; tactics, team selection; none of that would be affected by playing Wednesday.

Shit performance, shit tactics.

If we don’t take that reality on board we cannot progress.

we lost to palace at home where do I even start they were so ****ing terrible they were walking not running the shitest peformance for a long time and Ndidi what the **** someone needs to be told off and with man city on tuesday we are toast unless a miracle happens

Top 4 my arse

but as for palace they played with their heart and fought till the end something we didn't do maybe fatigue but what is clear is that someone made the wrong decision 

Edited by DatfoxesKid23

We did a lot of passing yesterday that was for passing sake. I know we are trying to evolve to a more possession based side but if the passing is laboured then it will achieve nothing. Too many simple passes were controlled when unnecessary and the chance to move the ball on quickly was lost. When you move the ball on quickly you expose more one on one opporunties for the man taking the pass. By the time we had made the pass, palace had covered the options for the receiver to move it on and get a pass onto a team mate between their lines. I'm not talking about the albrighton blind over the top to vardy pass. Just that when Wes receives from Maguire, play it first time into the midfield or to simmo or even back to Maguire. They were all guilty yesterday and it made such a difference compared to some of wednesday's play. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Fatigue. 

I dont buy it. 

I think its more than that ...   cus they had a late night they started late the next day ...   harder to get psyched up for the next game, work out the tactics, try them out on the training field, discuss the opposition and devise the plan ...   all too rushed, and yes ...  they were perhaps getting slightly overconfident.   Doesn't help thats for sure.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Same here, call me sad I don't care, defeats used to ruin my weekends, i've perhaps grown up or perhaps its to do with winning the league or something - defeats don't hurt as much anymore, but odd ones do, Spurs last season, it gave me nightmares, that really ruined my week, was so angry, yesterday was like deja vu of that and i'm still fuming now.

The one thing I will say is I go down the gym and let all the frustration out - gives me a really good drive to workout.

The worry is Man City on Tuesday, United on Saturday...I can't see the feel good coming back for 2 weeks atleast.

Merry Christmas.

Cheese on toast and a bottle of red ...   probably not so good for the body but numbs the pain just as good ...     :thumbup:

(If we beat citeh on Tuesday I'll be back up there floating with the clouds ...    :))

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We did a lot of passing yesterday that was for passing sake. I know we are trying to evolve to a more possession based side but if the passing is laboured then it will achieve nothing. Too many simple passes were controlled when unnecessary and the chance to move the ball on quickly was lost. When you move the ball on quickly you expose more one on one opporunties for the man taking the pass. By the time we had made the pass, palace had covered the options for the receiver to move it on and get a pass onto a team mate between their lines. I'm not talking about the albrighton blind over the top to vardy pass. Just that when Wes receives from Maguire, play it first time into the midfield or to simmo or even back to Maguire. They were all guilty yesterday and it made such a difference compared to some of wednesday's play. 

Morgan...play it first time? He takes 3 touches just to control the ball. Not the sort of centre back we need if we’re going over to this style of football I’m afraid

58 minutes ago, DelBoy73 said:

After 48hrs your lactic acid levels are still over the roof, greatly hindering your endurance under resistance/tension.

Anyone who played at a decent level, in any sport, would know the difference between 48 and 72 hours. The higher you get the more difficult it is to keep a high level of performance over a given time. Not excusing the way we lost, they beat us fair and square, but the way the players were (not) moving on the pitch was telling. 

• Like 2

On 12/16/2017 at 14:54, Arriba Los Zorros said:

They sat back and counter attacked. So yes they set up deep and defensively. They Leicestered us. What game were you watching? Don't try and ridicule me if you're going to talk shit

I was watching the game where they had 13 shots and 4 corners, where they won 3-0 comfortably and attacked from the first whistle. 

Up to Newcastle, Down to Southampton and back at home for Palace all in the space of a week. We lost to a good Palace team, they looked sharp and up for a fight... we looked tired and lethargic.

No need to boo, no need to get mad.. this is football, get over it and back the lads in the next game. Still doing well this season and still think we could push for Europa!

• Like 1

Turns out my birthday is the same day as Ndidi's. At least his was worse. 

As petulant and ****ing irritating as Martin Atkinson was, the only major decision he got wrong was not giving Palace a penalty. I thought Ndidi's first yellow was a bit harsh but it's moronic to try and dive when you're on a yellow. Got what he deserved and so did Palace. Will be surprised if a top 6 club don't snap up Zaha next summer. 

We were beaten fain and square. That's all there is to it. Fair play to Palace they defended really well and gave Vardy literally nothing. Its games like this where I wish we would try a different approach with the other players at our disposal. So many games over xmas we should be using the squad more. Give Iheanacho and Musa some game time. Slim looks to be a goner which Is a real shame.

Why Puel took so long to make a change. That was frustrating. It was screaming out for Okazaki/Ulloa to come on so we could get Vardy involved more in the game.

Oh well chalk it off as a bad day at the office. Hopefully lessons were learnt

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Fatigue. 

I dont buy it. 

You will come the end of the festive period because there’s going to be some real odd results crop up. The schedule is ridiculous with teams playing virtually every midweek and weekend in December. Then television has made some of this completely lob sided.

15 hours ago, Matt said:

Merry Christmas.

Can echo this. 

12 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Morgan...play it first time? He takes 3 touches just to control the ball. Not the sort of centre back we need if we’re going over to this style of football I’m afraid

This is Ndidi's issue too. Awful first time touch which detracts from all his other undoubted qualities. He struggles to control the ball and consequently the ball he then plays is often lost or hurried.

13 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Got my cousin and his mates comming down for this.  We will be in the pub for 3pm, so whatever happens I will be merry

Family of time travellers?  You'll need to go back a bit further the match will be finished by 3.

• Like 1