Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (A) pre-match

9 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

You honestly think they’re that far behind DD? 

Absolutely yes. An inform DD alongside another in form midfielder and allowed to play his game. Is far superior. I haven't seen enough of Silva obviously, but Iborra seems very inconsistent so far.

Genuinely interested to see how we line up going forwards (once the team settles).  Wonder if Ndiddi, Iborra and Silva can all play together or if we end up rotating.  Assuming Silva is quality (his career suggests he is) this must be the first time in ages we are genuinely able to have competition from three top players.  Add James to that and we look OK.  I know some have slated Iborra a bit recently but I think it is fatigue.  I think, fully fit, he is a great player. On paper they look a great mix (the rival of the mighty, Izzet, Lennon, Savage triumvirate).  The problem/challenge with playing all three is that our system would probably have to change, or one would have to play wider or in Okazaki's role.  I have a feeling we might keep things 442 and rotate them a little but if they all start to perform it is a great problem to have.  352 would accommodate (especially if Mahrez leaves) but would the following carry enough creativity.......

Kasper

Dragovic

Maguire

Morgan

Chilwell

Albrighton

Ndidii

Silva

Iborra

Okazaki

Vardy

We will probably see some rotation of players and formation for a while and I think people should remember that Puel is still new to the role and needs time and patience.  Fans can be too quick to criticise sometimes.  I like the way he is trying to get us to play but understand it cannot happen overnight.

Anyway, let's smash these fvckers.

X

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Absolutely yes. An inform DD alongside another in form midfielder and allowed to play his game. Is far superior. I haven't seen enough of Silva obviously, but Iborra seems very inconsistent so far.

I dunno mate. An in form Drinkwater was difficult to find for long spells of his time with us. Iborra is a 3 time Europa League winner, and we had a massive upturn in results and performances when he got fit. Early days for Silva, but he's an established international and European Championship winner.

I'd say it was excellent business bringing them both in for the Drinkwater money.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Drinkwater was class for us in periods, but far superior to a three time Europa league winner and a European championship winner? Nah.

5 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Since and before, the title tell me about Drinkwaters consistency.

I like a fully fit DDrinkwater, hes had some magical moments,

But both Iborra and Silva in their Careers have held more consisteny, and playing in Europe

at an higher skill level.  

21 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Drinkwater became very negative towards the end of his stint with us. Not sure if something happened behind the scenes or if he just got pissed off trying to carry the whole team early on last season, but I’d rather have Iborra than the final version of Drinky.

Did anyone watch the match  against Norwich yesterday? He really didn't look that assured of himself. Still not convinced it was a good move for him... But then my philosophy would always be that I would sooner be at the heart of something but not quite as successful than a bystander of a successful team. 

On 06/01/2018 at 15:21, ZeGuy said:

It became increasingly difficult to come here. There are sensible posters, like you, whom I like to read but their posts are drawn in an ocean of utter dross, wild expectations and scapegoating. Still can't cut off.

I find laughing at them and shaking my head in disbelief are the stock responses to pre, match and post match threads ?Kitch is king of the depressive unrealistic posters atm, I do feel that his posts are so 'out there' he may need counsellng :P

• Like 2

We’re capable of getting something there with a good performance. They’ve not been at their best recently and have cup games before we play them. 

I think we will see the usual Puel team (so Shinji on the bench) with Albrighton, Gray and Mahrez behind Vardy. Silva looked unsurprisingly off the pace against Fleetwood so I doubt he will start. Like Iborra, he will need a few games to adjust accordingly. 

The biggest concern is Wes and Simpson being out. Hopefully Moratta continues to misfire! Dragovic has had a few games in a row now so this will be a real test. Amartey has looked ok but some worry there too. 

However, I’ll continue my new year optimism with a 1-1 prediction!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

I would go for a 451 with iborra the deepest of the 3 in the centre (or 4141 however you look at it) and revert back to a 442 bringng on Okazaki if Vardy got too isolated.

Kasper

Amartey

Dragovic

Maguire

Fuchs

Mahrez

Ndidii

Iborra

Silva

Albrighton

Vardy

Edited by les-tah

Its gotta be said..

I expect any player, new young, experienced, returning from injury..etc

Who get the chance, to put on the shirt carrying our proud badge, has the duty

to turn up, and give their possible best performance ever and not just play kick about,

Yesterday, was about the romance of the FA cup, where you are allowed to try the arrogant

cocky, unbelievable movements, risks can be taken....YOU PLAYERS missed a great chance

to put/stamp  your name on a cup tournament, watched through out the world...

fellas....you really  fked up, not on the result, but showing you really aint answering your critics,

and didnt do your future prospect any favours. The front 5 couldnt dream up one wibble between them.

You lot are being accused of being too damn lazy, of daring to risk one bit of sweat dropping on your new

boots.....

I missed the blood and guts, that you have to deliver when wearing that badge, not one of you could claim

too many games in a short time, tiredness, being weary cant be dug out as an excuse...