Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (A) pre-match

Looking forward to seeing Mahrez and Silva play together. Probably need some game time to get used to playing together, but with Ndidi providing cover in midfield they could be something special.

Just our luck if Mahrez ups and leaves , deja vu with Heskey and Collymore

• Like 3

On 07/01/2018 at 19:45, st albans fox said:

They will target our right side and especially the space between amartey and centre back. And they have the personnel to do it! 

might be best to play Albrighton in front of Amartey..if not Ndidi will have to play a good game !

Chelsea playing tomorrow night. They will probably go quite strong 

so unless they are going to play a weakened side against us, most of the team we will face won't be in for training until Friday. 

We have had thr whole week to prepare. I hope this difference is at least obvious on Saturday 

Look at the team the last time we played  away at Chelsea and lost 3-0.

Claudio was manager and we were utterly abject that day.  We never stood a chance.

It is possible this coming weekend (if Chilly gets the nod over Fuchs) that, Kasper aside, the only people playing in the same position (for us) out of last season's line up would be Albrighton and Vardy.

Amartey played, but in midfield.

How radically our team has changed.

Probably a good thing.

:scarf:

Screenshot_20180109-214510_1.jpg

49 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I wouldn’t have silva anywhere near the starting line up. Not up to speed if Saturday was anything to go by

He's a top European player.

He's only just started playing, his ability and confidence will come with some time.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Claridge said:

I wouldn’t have silva anywhere near the starting line up. Not up to speed if Saturday was anything to go by

Did you watch him? He actually showed for the ball every time and was moving ect.. not his fault no one was passing to him and King kept coming deepest and then playing a useless long ball.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He's a top European player.

He's only just started playing, his ability and confidence will come with some time.

This.

You could see he was just getting his rhythm back on Saturday. A few times he was clamouring after players like a shadow, which to me says it's only match practice that he needs to get sharp again.

31 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Did you watch him? He actually showed for the ball every time and was moving ect.. not his fault no one was passing to him and King kept coming deepest and then playing a useless long ball.

Exactly this. He was constantly moving off the ball, finding space, but no one was working with him. I like to think that if Iborra were on the pitch they would have connected far better together. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Exactly this. He was constantly moving off the ball, finding space, but no one was working with him. I like to think that if Iborra were on the pitch they would have connected far better together. 

I want to echo this. I mentioned this to my son during the game, he reminded me of a David Siva in the way he was finding pockets of space 5-10 metres away from our players when we were in possession. I think it is only a matter of time until the rest of the team realise this. I firmly believe he will be a great player for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Domsdad said:

I want to echo this. I mentioned this to my son during the game, he reminded me of a David Siva in the way he was finding pockets of space 5-10 metres away from our players when we were in possession. I think it is only a matter of time until the rest of the team realise this. I firmly believe he will be a great player for us.

Iborra seems to really like playing balls through the middle, finding gaps between players which is the position Adrien was moving into. I am looking forward to seeing them together and hopefully solving a lot of our problems about transitioning from midfield to an attacking position. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Its looking very possible that we could line up with a midfield of Kante & Drinkwater against us - now isn't that just weird??

Shame on them.

To be honest, on that showing I'd be delighted if they did. Chelsea have looked absolutely toothless in midfield their last two matches, both with Drinkwater in the starting XI. He's been getting chances to show them why he should be in their first team, and he's done next to nothing aside from crocking Wilshere tonight to hopefully get himself on the plane. :ph34r:

Friendly reminder that selling Danny got us the funds to buy Iborra and (almost) Silva as well. 

Edited by bluesbrothers
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bluesbrothers said:

To be honest, on that showing I'd be delighted if they did. Chelsea have looked absolutely toothless in midfield their last two matches, both with Drinkwater in the starting XI. He's been getting chances to show them why he should be in their first team, and he's done next to nothing aside from crocking Wilshere tonight to hopefully get himself on the plane. :ph34r:

Friendly reminder that selling Danny got us the funds to buy Iborra and (almost) Silva as well. 

Cue Drinkwater masterclass on Saturday....   

With both Drinkwater and Kanté having just two and a half days to recover, the top tackler in the division and two European cup heavy weights really should be able to nullify them. Bit of a coming of age game.

• Haha 2