Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Fousseni Diabaté

3 goals, 4 assists in 12 starts, plus a load of chances fluffed by strikers... not sure why Mahrez gets labeled a slow starter. He was sensational from the start and displaced his competition within a few weeks on the wing, in a team romping the league. 

The desire and hunger of Diabete stands out a mile, his attitude isn't a shock when you see how he plays on the pitch. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Lots to improve on - his decision making is poor and at the moment he's all about a few fancy flicks and tricks with little end product. He's young though and the same or worse could be said about Gray who we've had for two and a half years without really improving at all.

Personally I'd loan him to a championship side next year and see how he gets on - Mahrez will be replaced with at least one marquee signing I have no doubt and Gray and Albrighton will still be here so he's not going play week in week out which is what he needs. Encouraged by his start though.

No thanks

• Like 2

I just hope that the fans give Diabaté time. He's raw, inexperienced and has trouble staying on his feet. He's still a project. 

I think Iheanacho is more likely to step into the breach and get goals and assists alongside Vardy. Vardacho will be aided by the dancing feet of Diabaté but his time isn't here yet.

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Because going on loan didn't help Chilwell?

at that time yes it did, but people are still saying it fairly recently, its not the default right answer it needs to be judged on a case by case basis

Exciting prospect and has shown signs of being able to hit the net and control the ball well.

He's hit the ground running in this league, imo. 

Yes, not the finished product but game time and increased confidence b2b knowing his teammates and their movement will all improve him very quickly. 

Personally think he'll develop quicker with us at the deep end than he would loaned out in a lower league.

He has the right attitude and as we all very well know, that's half the battle. 

Keep and play him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Send Diabate to a league he’s too good for when we’re going to be short on (good) wingers? A genius lose-lose idea. 

It's Ok, the same people would use his loaning out as an argument to sack puel if it happened. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davos said:

Has potential but he is no Mahrez(and won't be)!

Harsh assumption, which is what it is... An assumption.

The guy has come to us from a L2? French league and done really well (yes i know Mahrez came from similar background.) but i cant recall him personally setting the world on fire when he joined. (Maybe i am wrong with that.)

Yes he has made mistakes and needs to learn a lot but how many full 90 mins has he played for us? I dont know the answer, but im sure its not that many. 

I respect your opinion as i do every poster, but i reiterate i think you were harsh with your wording. 

Just like Fousseni says, "It's only the beginning!!!" and I for one believe him, this lad has talent, he will get better with coaching and experience playing for Leicester City in the Premier League. I don't see the need to loan him out to a lower division club, he needs to grow next year with us.

As I said in the other thread, still unsure about him. He looks okay from the bench but whenever he's started just missing something. He's young and raw so obviously I'm not writing him off but I'm obviously not as excited as other fans about him.

4 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Because going on loan didn't help Chilwell?

But Diabate has already shown he's good enough for the prem? if the fans accept he isn't Mahrez' level then I don't see the problem in keeping and starting him next season, as @Babylon has mentioned earlier, his stats are fairly good for just the first 12 games, all games being at a higher level than he's used to

4 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

But Diabate has already shown he's good enough for the prem? if the fans accept he isn't Mahrez' level then I don't see the problem in keeping and starting him next season, as @Babylon has mentioned earlier, his stats are fairly good for just the first 12 games, all games being at a higher level than he's used to

He got one assist in the 14 games in the Premier league that he was involved in

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I must be missing something then. I think his movement is decent but his end product and decision making needs working on (which should happen during the summer now). 

• Like 1