Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Riyad Mahez - We’ll miss him when he’s gone

26 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I don't know if you saw the celebrations after the free kick but Gray was genuinely happy for him. While I think that Gray is far from being ready to step in Mahrez's shoes (who could anyway) and think that the salvation would more come from Diabate, I can't completely give up on him. He's been disappointing lately and rightly lost his place as a starter, but let's give him another season and see how he will fare

Absolutely. He's just taken a lot longer to progress than I think people thought he would. I don't want to give up on him because of his supposed potential, but he's definitely stagnated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Let's hope so. But our track record on signings would worry me. 

To a certain extent i agree and summer will be a worried time (for me at least) But are we any worse than any other PL Team? We have not much to go by with Puel so far as signings are concerned, but from the little we have seen Diabate looks promising. 

Losing Mahrez is going to be scarey, but who was Riyad when he joined, same can be said about Kante & Vardy. So we don't do THAT bad at recruitment.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Antoine said:

You mean Brunley will be 4th if they had Mahrez because the Team play very well ,you have to see it in that Angle 

And if Brighton had Mahrez the will beat Manchester City, basically Leicester city has to improve and stop playing with recycled players of the 2016

No exactly the Opposite....

10 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

To a certain extent i agree and summer will be a worried time (for me at least) But are we any worse than any other PL Team? We have not much to go by with Puel so far as signings are concerned, but from the little we have seen Diabate looks promising. 

Losing Mahrez is going to be scarey, but who was Riyad when he joined, same can be said about Kante & Vardy. So we don't do THAT bad at recruitment.  

Of the last 15 signings how many have been any good? Our last decent signing was Ndidi. Too early to say with Diabate but all the rest look a waste of money to me.

30 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

What about Harry? 

Good shout but I'm with Reynard.

I think we will need Mahrez replacement a RB, CB, CM, No10 minimum.

Besides Mahrez going I see Drag going back Ibbora/Silva wanting out. Then huge offers for Ndidi.

I don't have a lot of faith we can rebuild like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Good shout but I'm with Reynard.

I think we will need Mahrez replacement a RB, CB, CM, No10 minimum.

Besides Mahrez going I see Drag going back Ibbora/Silva wanting out. Then huge offers for Ndidi.

I don't have a lot of faith we can rebuild like that.

I would be surprised if Drago isn't bought. It would be hard to find better for such a decent price. And we know he can play. 

Would still like to see more of Iborra & Silva, so they dont want out (unless they are ofc shit) 

Mahrez replacement is a must and agreed with RB & No 10 type player :D

4 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I would be surprised if Drago isn't bought. It would be hard to find better for such a decent price. And we know he can play. 

Would still like to see more of Iborra & Silva, so they dont want out (unless they are ofc shit) 

Mahrez replacement is a must and agreed with RB & No 10 type player :D

Why would Drag, Iborra, or Silva want to stay. I don't think any of them have been treated well.

We all know you would like to see more of Iborra but it's a family site. (tart) lollol 

20 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Next season is going to suck without him 

Yes and no.

It'll be a loss because of his contribution to the club, his talent and the fact that he was a part in our promotion season to the Premier League and a vital element in keeping us up, as well as the standout player in the title-winning season. Also, his story is of Cinderella-like proportions (a bit of a journeyman, close to getting forgotten in Ligue 2).

In the end, it depends on what the management and Puel will be doing leading up to summer, scouting for a player that could potentially take his place. We won't get another player just like Mahrez, but at least we should aim at bringing somebody in with similar panache and skills.

I'm not sure whether we can place that amount of pressure on Gray or Diabaté already. The former has flattered to deceive lately and the latter hasn't really had enough time to show what he's really made of (although I do like what I've seen so far).

Mahrez was a bit petulant at the start of the month but I'm glad that he's had a chance to put things right again.

I've long since accepted that he'll go elsewhere but I'd have hated to see him tarnish his time at Leicester. You'd prefer him to be a club legend/cult figure like Worthington or Walsh rather than a c""" figure like Dennis Wise.

Next Sunday is possibly one of his last major games for us so hopefully he gives us something to remember.

On 04/03/2018 at 08:38, benmandv said:

Relegation battle next season without him...

I always find it uplifting to know that City fans are never content to be negative about the season we're in. It takes a special kind of supporter that is prepared to put in the hard yards to get negative about a season that hasn't even started yet.

True supporters already know that all of our summer signings will be dogshit. The hardcore fan already knows that Puel will lose the changing room halfway through August.

Well done, city fans. Well done. 

:plancque:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I always find it uplifting to know that City fans are never content to be negative about the season we're in. It takes a special kind of supporter that is prepared to put in the hard yards to get negative about a season that hasn't even started yet.

True supporters already know that all of our summer signings will be dogshit. The hardcore fan already knows that Puel will lose the changing room halfway through August.

Well done, city fans. Well done. 

:plancque:

Blind faith is your thing then:P

Stats suggest we'll be worse without him.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I'd go as far as saying he's now the best he's ever been. He's playing in a team not functioning anywhere close to what it was when we won the title, but him and Vardy are flying.

Credit to Puel.

I agree completely.

I have more expectation when he receives the ball than I ever have. 

I really appreciate how the club and Puel handled the Mahrez 'depression' situation. It means that we can still get some more wonderful moments from Mahrez before he leaves in the summer. We are going to miss him a lot, but it also gives someone else a chance to shine.