Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

24 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The miserable, clueless anti-Puel brigade must be delighted that they’ve got another season of whinging to look forward to. Oh how I envy the enjoyment they are going to get in the coming months.

People ain't got much choice I don't think, like the many other managers that have come and gone we will continue to support the club, unfortunately some people have opinions 

34 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The miserable, clueless anti-Puel brigade must be delighted that they’ve got another season of whinging to look forward to. Oh how I envy the enjoyment they are going to get in the coming months.

quite a few people in life just love to moan about anything, almost in an enjoyable way. they dislike positivity as it means they've got to work harder to find another negativity.

what's the better outlook?

positive hope or misery?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, worthosoriginals said:

quite a few people in life just love to moan about anything, almost in an enjoyable way. they dislike positivity as it means they've got to work harder to find another negativity.

what's the better outlook?

positive hope or misery?

Misery of course.

As they say"can't grumble enough".

On 23/05/2018 at 16:24, Voll Blau said:

That's not a comparison though is it. That's a list of the shite results/performances we've had while he's been manager. There were bad performances and results under Ranieri and Shakespeare too, and we were in much worse positions when they left than we are now.

People have every right to say the football's been awful at times, I won't dispute that, but you can't confuse that with us regressing as a club because the facts speak for themselves. We haven't.

Sigh. Twisting the "facts" so they fit your argument.

How do you get to compare Puel to Shakespeare and Ranieri, who had to leave at the start or midway through a season as opposed to a new manager coming in in October and whose biggest achievement was winning five out of his first eight matches.

Those games allowed him to tinker during the second half of this past season, with rather devastating results.

If at all, you'd have to compare Puel to their respective records when they both started out, in which case his record pales in comparison.

As for giving Puel more time, so be it. For me, he's got to do (a lot) better in terms of system and communication skills with a full pre-season and a transfer window at his disposal.

Signing Ricardo is a first step in the right direction, the upcoming recruitment phase and how we deal with transferring out some underperformers and older players will be very telling.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Thanks 1

I’ve long been in the camp that believes a long term strategy is the way for the club to progress in a sustainable way. I’m just not sure at all that football today is an environment where that kind of thinking can survive any more sadly.

If we don’t recruit players that can immediately replace the incumbents, or those that leave, & we beat everyone who finished below us I expect we’ll again see the press & our own fans calling for Puel to be sacked. And if that happens we are back to square one.

My ambition is to see us consistently finishing “best of the rest” in 7th. Breaking the domination of the top six is getting harder every year for many reasons, not least of which are the financial advantages from various competitions they enjoy.

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Will there? I've seen few if any on the keep side saying he's definitely going to be good. Only that they appreciate what he's trying to do and that because of that they are prepared to give him more time and a summer to recruit what he thinks he needs.

The people making definitive statements sit only on one side of this discussion.

It will happen. Remember this post.

I'm anti puel but its not black and white. ...more graphite.   I spoke up coz i want us to be the best... its not personal.  If he does well i will be delighted. Mrs foxinsocks points out that i have been wrong before... but not often 

47 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

It will happen. Remember this post.

The hypocrisy on here will be no different whether Puel does enjoy success, or not. If he doesn’t, the anti Puel brigade will be out in force. If he does, vice-versa.

I’ll still recall the recent(ish) poll though. Where a large majority wanted him gone, only to turn right around with one win.

FT is as fickle as they come, but just reflects football fanism per se. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smudge said:

It isn't hypocritical or fickle to be caught in two minds, which is my dilemma and I suspect that of many others.

Reading these statements suggest to me that you aren't much different.

Me on the other hand. Keep Nigel, keep Ranieri, keep shaky, keep Puel, keep smiling, and keep your knickers on. Most of you anyway ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Well, for all our sakes I hope that you’re wrong. Really wrong. 

Hopefully we have a bad first 10 games and he gets the sack because after all

“I think we have to underline this short term pain for long term gain”

- Claude Puel

1 hour ago, Smudge said:

It isn't hypocritical or fickle to be caught in two minds, which is my dilemma and I suspect that of many others.

Reading these statements suggest to me that you aren't much different.

Of course it is. After one win to see such a wholesale change is ridiculous. I’m not picking you out individually, just the general trend.

I’ve made it pretty clear, I believe this squad needs a clear-out and for a tough bloke to be the one to do it.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Of course it is. After one win to see such a wholesale change is ridiculous. I’m not picking you out individually, just the general trend.

I’ve made it pretty clear, I believe this squad needs a clear-out and for a tough bloke to be the one to do it.

Hypocrisy means saying one thing and doing something else, what you are accusing people of is flip-flopping or recanting an opinion. I'm just trying to rationalize the quirks of human nature.

Since he hasn't gone, we have to settle for the best we can make out of what we have, hoping he knows what he's doing.

I voted him out once and haven't changed my opinion but we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Hypocrisy means saying one thing and doing something else, what you are accusing people of is flip-flopping or recanting an opinion. I'm just trying to rationalize the quirks of human nature.

Since he hasn't gone, we have to settle for the best we can make out of what we have, hoping he knows what he's doing.

I voted him out once and haven't changed my opinion but we'll have to wait and see.

And the point that the earlier poster was making was that if Puel does fail to come up with the goods, many posters will try to suggest that’s what they thought would happen anyway. That would be hypocrisy. And if that happens, it’ll happen. 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

And the point that the earlier poster was making was that if Puel does fail to come up with the goods, many posters will try to suggest that’s what they thought would happen anyway. That would be hypocrisy. And if that happens, it’ll happen. 

Maybe mate but really, what does it matter?

All this Puel In and Puel Out is absolute rollocks tbh.....

I support LCFC and therefore whoever is in charge of the team - over the years that has included all sorts of great managers (Jock, Adams, O'Neill and Claudio) whilst also supporting right idiots (Taylor, Taylor, Taylor, Levein, Allen) etc but fundamentally we are all LCFC Fans....

This topic was about airing our views (I think that is what Foxestalk is for!) and no one can be convinced over the last half of that season and to put it all down to changing the way we play is rubbish as it does not explain so many baffling decisions and the fact that CP has communication issues (personally if I was successful in securing a Senior Role at an Italian business I would feel obliged to learn Italian because of my ability to talk to my team, customers and suppliers so I find it baffling that CP three years in the PL has not learnt English). Furthermore, some of his stubbornness and inability to see the shortcomings in Morgan and Chilwell with much better options should have been dealt with to make the second half of the season a better one and to completely lose our strengths (pace and closing down) over large proportion of the second half of the season.

However, I 100% agree that the club needs stability so if the owners decide to back CP on the basis that he has a track record, has seen the players here and now has a clear plan which hopefully includes upgrading the defence (Sadly Wes, Simpson may need replacing and Chilwell should never play left back again imon) dealing with our lack of creativity, building upon our pace and developing an exciting brand of football whilst retaining our key strengths - If he does all of this and recruits well then fantastic and the owners will have been right.

We would all be 100% behind that and I don't think those shouting for his head would be wrong either because he would have learnt and adapted.

No one can also start complaining if we start the season in the same way as most of the second half of the season finished if people start calling for his head as we will be in a relegation battle if he gets it wrong and carries on with his plans except for the last two games of the season. We have a core squad which as long as Riyad is the only main leaver can be upgraded to make the team better for all his talent. We need 3 new defenders, a creative midfielder and a proper quality number 10 and that would more than make up for losing RM but get it wrong and we will struggle to score a goal.

I for one am still way from convinced but come the first game in May I will behind the boys in Blue as I support LCFC and the manager but similarly over the years you can usually tell if a Manager fits the club, has a vision, can pick the right players and motivate them - time will tell but their are good arguments for him going and staying so all this but about fans being hypocrites is complete boollocks as the first 10 games will be very telling!

• Like 2