Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry but if we keep constantly change managers we're eventually going to go down. What if we get a new man in and we're not top half by Christmas? Is he going to be gone too? I think the owners are way off the mark if they think we're going to be a top 6 club anytime soon.

Pure guesswork, and even with an established manager and depending on the board of directors and depending on the circumstances, you can get relegated.

And who said anything about us „going to be a Top Six club anytime soon“?

Let‘s see how it works out after the summer, I‘ve had enough of this hypothetical „we‘re doomed without giving Puel a chance“ rhetoric right now. It can‘t be proven and it can‘t be disproven.

Edited by MC Prussian

So the managers the only person accountable then? What about the people choosing the managers or the players deciding they don’t buy into the managers ideas

Just always seems like the easy solution to bail on the manager after 6 months

23 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

i can't be doing with this again tbh. 

it's like ****ing ground hog day.

we will go into next season with a late and poorly appointed manager who has to take another 6 months to realise we need wholesale changes to our style / squad, tries to ditch off the old guard and get us playing football only to have the team turn on him AGAIN.

**** it - if that happens, I'm done with it. someone can have my seat next season.

this rinse / repeat bullshit of our ageing, worsening title winning team spitting their dummy out whenever someone comes in and tries to move us forward is pathetic. 

rudkin keeps appointing wet nappies who can't stamp their authority over the likes of Morgan and co. it's ****ing crap. 

they can all **** off. 

I personally think the only reason wes  walked back in is because he is captain and our "new manager needed to keep him on side for integration with the squad.

Another new manager probably gives wes another 2 years.

I understand your views. Probably couldn't go as far as to give up my season ticket but if this does happen, I will be pissed off too and embarrasses and not looking forward to next season again with another summer wasted

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

A managers job is to get the players onside, yes we could do without that but the sane thing happened at Southampton so maybe the problem isn't our players this time.

You mean just like it wasn't the players at Southampton who have since proved beyond doubt that they are the problem and managed to relegate what was once a model club to aspire to.

It is possible that it really could be the players both times. The evidence at Southampton since he's left and what we have been discussing about our players for at least 2 years suggests this is far more likely than just saying there's no smoke without fire. 

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

So the managers the only person accountable then? What about the people choosing the managers or the players deciding they don’t buy into the managers ideas

Just always seems like the easy solution to bail on the manager after 6 months

When Shakey got sacked the DoF got loads of stick and then it went quiet.....I still remain suprised that this went away. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

A managers job is to get the players onside

Shame all this unrest has come out since he dropped the two defenders who treat the ball like a bomb. You can't keep players in because they are one of the boys, his system has failed mainly due to the defence unable to adapt and pass the ball out, anyone can see that. If Morgan and Simpson don't like it then train with the U23's and let Puel at least try to get it to work or move back to the championship where they can hoof away until retiring.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

as in shakey shouldn't have been sacked  or shakey shouldn't have been appointed ??

I don't think it was the right thing to do to appoint him but then ethically it was the only thing to do. It that makes sense :S 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
spelling

3 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Shame all this unrest has come out since he dropped the two defenders who treat the ball like a bomb. You can't keep players in because they are one of the boys, his system has failed mainly due to the defence unable to adapt and pass the ball out, anyone can see that. If Morgan and Simpson don't like it then train with the U23's and let Puel at least try to get it to work or move back to the championship where they can hoof away until retiring.

the unrest was first mooted way before wes got dropped.  it was after simmo was dropped though

Just now, st albans fox said:

the unrest was first mooted way before wes got dropped.  it was after simmo was dropped though

It was Vardy first from what I recall cannot remember which article it was, he wasn't/isn't happy with the style of play.

3 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Shame all this unrest has come out since he dropped the two defenders who treat the ball like a bomb. You can't keep players in because they are one of the boys, his system has failed mainly due to the defence unable to adapt and pass the ball out, anyone can see that. If Morgan and Simpson don't like it then train with the U23's and let Puel at least try to get it to work.

He hasn't been strong enough, should have dropped Wes ages ago, and why did he play Matty James ahead of Silva/Iborra at the time was baffling.

31 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

A managers job is to get the players onside, yes we could do without that but the sane thing happened at Southampton so maybe the problem isn't our players this time.

Some people don't want to get onside unless is suits them, I'm sure we can all agree Pearson was excellent at building team spirit. But even he couldn't get certain people to be team players and stop sniping in the background. He was given the chance to get rid and bring his own people in.

Look at all the pathetic stuff that go chucked around about Pearson "upsetting players", fighting, fall outs, making them train with the youth team, not playing the great like Beckford, Danns etc. History proved him right because he was given the chance, the club didn't listen to fans whine constantly about how upset Matt Mills might be.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Oh yeah I agree with that. I think Puel may go and if so where do we go from there? As I said, if we're not top half by Christmas is he going to go too? Managers need time to build. There was some poor games under Pearson while he got rid of players and built his own up. 

It's though though, I do agree with what you're saying and I've seen very little improvement for the past two months or so.

Pearson had a history here that gave him credit, plus they bought into what he was doing. The staff at the club all liked him as well. We just don't know what people think of Puel at the club, if the reports coming back aren't glowing about his relationships or how he handles people, or his communication. He might not get the time of someone like Pearson.

Only those a the club know enough to make an informed decision.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

It was Vardy first from what I recall cannot remember which article it was, he wasn't/isn't happy with the style of play.

He hasn't been strong enough, should have dropped Wes ages ago, and why did he play Matty James ahead of Silva/Iborra at the time was baffling.

Because they aren't all that and performances haven't improved with him out of the team?

5 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

If we keep sacking managers no one decent will come to LCFC, I say keep Puel and give him a chance, look at where Southampton are now after getting rid of Puel. 

I meant Simpson needs to be moved on.

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

Shambles if we don't give him the summer. We're turning into Swansea, only we're not in any danger.

I’ve always wanted our new managers to have their own summer transfer window before judging. I fear though in this instance we’ll spend the massive budget on new players which we should have spent the summer after we won the title and we’ll be left with a terrible style of football and players that dislike the manager. The noises coming out of Puel are all correct in relation to his ambition, the overhaul, the development, the transition in playing style and that makes me want to give him time but the cold hard fact is that the football is rubbish as is much of his decision making to play this style without the right players to do so at the expense of both a European place and the dressing room atmosphere.

I wish it wasn’t true but from what I’ve seen so far he’s the wrong manager for us. Go get Wagner please Top.

27 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

When Shakey got sacked the DoF got loads of stick and then it went quiet.....I still remain suprised that this went away. 

Puel got some immediate good results, that's why - I suspect - the criticism of the DoF went away.

The DoF appears to be bulletproof.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Shambles if we don't give him the summer. We're turning into Swansea, only we're not in any danger.

we will be if we keep recruiting (and sacking) managers / players with no long term project / goal in sight.

we're currently sticking our foot in the toilet and trying to flush ourselves down it. 

Edited by lifted*fox

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Puel got some immediate good results, that's why - I suspect - the criticism of the DoF went away.

The DoF appears to be bulletproof.

Definitely fair.

I don't think Puel was ever the right choice to be honest. He would have been music to Rudkins ears because he would say he'll play the youth team thus strengthening his position and he would also tow the party line which is why I think he got the job.

The problem is the structure and until we sort that it'll always be the same, part of the reason that I want Puel to go is that he isn't strong enough to change it. A manager with some balls will try and change it and I hope they'll finally see that bringing in a big character is the right thing to do.

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Definitely fair.

I don't think Puel was ever the right choice to be honest. He would have been music to Rudkins ears because he would say he'll play the youth team thus strengthening his position and he would also tow the party line which is why I think he got the job.

The problem is the structure and until we sort that it'll always be the same, part of the reason that I want Puel to go is that he isn't strong enough to change it. A manager with some balls will try and change it and I hope they'll finally see that bringing in a big character is the right thing to do.

The owners need to bin Rudkin, but would they?