Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Danny Drinkwater: Would you re-sign him?

Would you resign Danny Drinkwater?  

710 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like us to re-sign Danny Drinkwater?

• Yes
    • No

Ive gone from a definite yes to a hmmm, not sure.   He may have wanted to leave but then again if he came back then he must want to come back.  He may have niggling injuries but we would have them all checked out if we wanted him back.  There is still the potential to have the England spine running through the team and he does have empathy with Vardy and would offer him more assists ...   plus he could help bring on the youngsters like Choudry ...   if we had competition for him and cover for his absence then I still think this duck is not dead in the water.   But I’m not quite so keen now.

I saw this on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Danny-Drinkwater-4-Hand-Signed-Name-Number-Leicester-City-Home-Shirt/253571948258?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2649

I made what I thought was a more than reasonable £15 offer which was refused. I increased to £15.01 telling him that was surely enough for a Chelsea bench scrub on a Leicester shirt. He refused it again. Guess Danny won't be making my wall shrine after all. 

He is 28 years old & has had quite a few injuries lately. He comes with a high wage package & Chelsea will want to recoup some money on him. It would be a bad business decision 

• Like 1

On 25/04/2018 at 19:40, HoustonFox said:

Is there a lot of corn in Carolina? Cotton and rice in SC for sure.  @UPinCarolina pls confirm... I understood that both states are less than 1% of total corn production of the US... #pedant #YeahItsLate

On topic - I’m a no. Is he even for sale? 

You're far more likely to find tobacco and cotton - maybe some soybeans. Some things never change around here.

3 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Apparently Chelsea are hoping to recoup 30 mil from the 35 mil paid for him. Way too much for a bench warmer with a history of injuries. 

I imagine he will still think he can force his way into the team, especially with a new manager probably coming...

Can't see him doing that though personally and so he'll likely be loaned out somewhere and then sold next summer.

I have no real bitterness towards him leaving, and so would consider having him back here for a cut price, otherwise I think we can actually do better.

On 29/04/2018 at 00:30, Ian Nacho said:

If you had an option between Silva or Drinky, which is pretty much what we had last summer, I would take Drinkwater. 

I'd like to be given more time to answer please :sweating:

I still think Silva could be a top player for us. He probably needs to be played in a 3 though and further forward.

Had a very up and down start to his career here, for a number of reasons. 

Drinkwater has some very poor periods for us too early on, so I'd like to give Silva the benefit of the doubt for now and see how he starts next season.

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Apparently Chelsea are hoping to recoup 30 mil from the 35 mil paid for him. Way too much for a bench warmer with a history of injuries. 

Good luck with that Chelsea.

They have about as much chance of us recouping our money on Slimani and Musa this summer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

.....would love to have him back. £10m and a full physical to ascertain the nature and extent of his injuries.

Massive player for the team, we have missed him and at 28 should be at his peak. I have said it before and will say it again, the acquisition of Iborra brought

back the memories of Cambiasso and the possibility of spending time on the bench. The fact that he put in a transfer request was an expedient move as he in effect was giving up money which would have been owed to him by the club, in order to facilitate the move.

We have not sorted out our midfield and Silva and Iborra are not suited for this role with either the Puel style or the previous style. Playing further up the pitch in support of the strikers would suit him.

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

Good luck with that Chelsea.

They have about as much chance of us recouping our money on Slimani and Musa this summer.

Don't ever rule out PL clubs paying over the odds. Could genuinely see Everton paying it.

No, for one simple reason, he's not good enough. Can he start for us? I think yes. But is he that much of an upgrade? No! He made his decision and now he must reap what he has sown. 

Wasn't his biggest fans to begin with. he made our midfield stagnate and was negative with his play on his last season here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

No, for one simple reason, he's not good enough. Can he start for us? I think yes. But is he that much of an upgrade? No! He made his decision and now he must reap what he has sown. 

Wasn't his biggest fans to begin with. he made our midfield stagnate and was negative with his play on his last season here.

Based on performances of Silva and Iborra so far this season, yeah he probably is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Based on performances of Silva and Iborra so far this season, yeah he probably is.

Judging on how Drinky played in his last season with us.. Not so sure! :whistle:

Been impressed with Iborra although needs to be played in a 3 and Silva has hardly had a chance to impress yet.

Drinky was given lots of chances before he truly shined for us. 

We do need another top CM to play alongside N'didi though, with Silva pushed further forward and Iborra a very useful impact sub. 

I'm just not so sure Drinky is who we should be going for. Don't think his head would be in a good place coming back to us so soon having failed to make an impact at Chelski

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bazly said:

Drinky was terrible when he left, had two thirds of a season of really poor form. Hes not really improved any at Chelsea. His best days are behind him in the 2015/6 vintage year.

He was easily our best player that season until he injury.  Best days behind him... he's 28 lol

18 hours ago, Bazly said:

Drinky was terrible when he left, had two thirds of a season of really poor form. Hes not really improved any at Chelsea. His best days are behind him in the 2015/6 vintage year.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He was easily our best player that season until he injury.  Best days behind him... he's 28 lol

....  and its doubtful he would improve if all he does is keep the bench warm ! ....    and I still think him and Wilf could cut the mustard ...   as long as he is fully fit.