Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Danny Drinkwater: Would you re-sign him?

Would you resign Danny Drinkwater?  

710 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like us to re-sign Danny Drinkwater?

• Yes
    • No

On 01/05/2018 at 19:51, MC Prussian said:

I'd love it if he came back - maybe he could resurrect his career with us again.

He's simply wasted at Chelsea and still only 28, his best years just ahead of him.

I've liked this comment because I agree he could resurrect his career and I also agree he's got best years ahead of him. In complete contradiction to that, I voted no through as I just dont think returning to clubs works - expectations are to high etc etc

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn’t see him taking Ndidi or Silva’s place then you add Iborra & Choudary as well so I don’t see it happening, let himself down by jumping ship the way he did, I think he has definitely struggled with injury for 18 months as well...

5 hours ago, mozartfox said:

One of the few things Rudders has actually got correct.

Think Rudders gets unfair stick at times. We don't really know what goes on fully behind the scenes. When do people start to point the finger at Macia?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Think Rudders gets unfair stick at times. We don't really know what goes on fully behind the scenes. When do people start to point the finger at Macia?

I often give him a lot of stick but let's be honest, although we have missed out on opportunities to sign players we needed at crucial times, his record has been pretty decent. 

Helped develop Andy King. 

Brought in: 

Iheanacho,

Silva, 

Iborra, 

Maguire, 

Fuchs,

Albrighton, 

Gray, 

Ndidi, 

Dragovic, 

Ulloa (crucial to our survival season)

Cambiasso,

Attracted players like Kapustka and Kramaric when they could have gone to bigger clubs. 

Sure there's been some musas on the way but all in all we do have the makings of very capable team mixed with old and young. 

4 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I often give him a lot of stick but let's be honest, although we have missed out on opportunities to sign players we needed at crucial times, his record has been pretty decent. 

Brought in: 

Albrighton, 

Cambiasso

Terry Robinson bought these three in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Helped develop Andy King. 

Brought in: 

Iheanacho,

Silva, 

Iborra, 

Maguire, 

Fuchs,

Albrighton, 

Gray, 

Ndidi, 

Dragovic, 

Cambiasso,

Attracted players like Kapustka and Kramaric when they could have gone to bigger clubs. 

Sure there's been some musas on the way but all in all we do have the makings of very capable team mixed with old and young. 

We don't really know exactly what he does though. 

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

For what? He's Head of Senior Player Recruitment. Doesn't deal with outgoing players. He's effectively performing the role that Walsh did for us. Can't say he's done much wrong so far, brought in or identified Maguire, Iheanacho, Iborra, Silva and Diabate.

Edited by Beechey

Couldn't believe our luck when Chelsea took him off our hands. 

A hoofball merchant made to look good by having Kanté next to him and Vardy making his lumps upfield look effective. 

I'm not exaggerating by saying he was our worst (regular) player last season. By a long shot, too. 

I voted 'no', if it wasn't obvious already. 

10 hours ago, Beechey said:

For what? He's Head of Senior Player Recruitment. Doesn't deal with outgoing players. He's effectively performing the role that Walsh did for us. Can't say he's done much wrong so far, brought in or identified Maguire, Iheanacho, Iborra, Silva and Diabate.

our recruitment has been a joke

10 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

our recruitment has been a joke

The 2016/17 summer window was, but Macia wasn't here then. What good is sacking as man who has done nothing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Got told tonight that Birch said he's coming back ...    probably a load of sh1te but any itk's know anything ??? ...    

Let's hope not, he's a sick note now and made his choice. 

• Like 3