Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Ricardo Pereira

29 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Might be how we set up but Simpson wins a hell of a lot of back post headers for us. Could be a problem if this guy is short and thin!

Simpson is 2cm taller.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Might be how we set up but Simpson wins a hell of a lot of back post headers for us. Could be a problem if this guy is short and thin!

This is true but perhaps he won't have to make up for Morgan's lack of mobility next season 

6 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I really don't understand where this chat about Simpson being solid, dependable and reliable defensively comes from. He hasn't been since we won the league. Too narrow, doesn't stop enough crosses, gives the ball away far too often which is part and parcel of defending in itself. For me he was one of the worst players in Claudio's final throes.

He's excellent at being at the back stick and heading danger away but I think his limitations have really shown over the past two seasons, especially when we needed to find another way of playing after we were "figured out."

Centre back next please.

I agree tbh. He's great at the back stick but NEVER stops crosses coming in, just backs off and let's them place it.

4 hours ago, richardsfoxes said:

Hopefully we can get this over the line asap but at the same time sort of disgusts me that we wont see him and Mahrez play together, could of been insane. 

Don't think so, we'd have got murdered down our right flank because if he went on any overlaps Mahrez wouldn't adequately cover him. That's why Simpson was played under Ranieri.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Don't think so, we'd have got murdered down our right flank because if he went on any overlaps Mahrez wouldn't adequately cover him. That's why Simpson was played under Ranieri.

Ah - but what if we have control the ball better .......... less opportunity for the opposition to break down out right flank. 

there are reasons why we need to control the football better - Sunday was a prime example where we needed to flip styles once 3-1 up, especially given the issue at right back.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

The big teams play like that though. One of your cdms just covers the gap. Not a problem. 

35 minutes ago, toddybad said:

The big teams play like that though. One of your cdms just covers the gap. Not a problem. 

It's actually exactly the role Ndidi and Choudhury play, I saw Hamza defending down the right so many times in the last few games. You're completely right, it's absolutely no problem at all.

Edited by Beechey

Just watching Marseille now and can see why we've looked at Bouna Sarr too. I actually think Puel is looking for something similar to what Marseille do - full backs basically wingers with the actual wingers dropping inside so you've got loads of technical ability going forward. Could be an exciting future ahead.

1 minute ago, toddybad said:

Just watching Marseille now and can see why we've looked at Bouna Sarr too. I actually think Puel is looking for something similar to what Marseille do - full backs basically wingers with the actual wingers dropping inside so you've got loads of technical ability going forward. Could be an exciting future ahead.

We certainly seem to have the players going forward, with some backup on the way. Might ship loads of goals but we'll never be boring.

21 minutes ago, toddybad said:

All the top teams in Europe play this way. Best case scenario it means we can open up teams more easily to make more efforts on goal. 

• Like 1

Looks just what we need at right back, could be a great signing and great that we are doing business early if this is the case.

If we can get a mobile centre half to play alongside Harry and a better left back I think the defence is about sorted.