Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

5 hours ago, Koke said:

I see the despicable odious papers have it in for Raheem Sterling again, and he continually rises above it. 

What has Sterling done to deserve this much hate? 

****ing reprehensible degenerate *****.

I don't "hate" Sterling but it's about time he grew up. Says the tattoo is something to do with his father. Strange that as he was only 2 when his Dad died.

Surely the gun tattoo will actually remind him of what his Father was killed from more than anything else, from an outsider perspective?..

Daft and unnecessary imo.

If it was a tattoo of his Father's birth date etc on him, that would be a simpler message to remind of him positively, not some object/subject that was involved in his Father's loss of life.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, StanSP said:

how is not not another case of it? 

They clearly don't like him and have some kind of weird obsession with him. Constantly trying to bring him down and in turn, the national side down. He's one of our best players and take him out of the equation and the squad is weakened somewhat. 

The lad can't win.

Goes for breakfast - gets slaughtered
Drives a flash car - gets slaughtered

Pays for home improvements at his mum's house - gets slaughtered
Goes to Primark - gets slaughtered

The media need to leave him the fvck alone. 

Those instances are everyday things reported negatively, obviously bad. But getting a massive tattoo of an assault rifle in a visible place right before the World Cup is obviously going to cause a stir. It's not correct to lump it in with the rest imo as this is actually noteworthy (especially considering the current climate around gun crime and the fact he's a role model to kids). 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

The FA twitter account made a joke about Kane and then issued an apology for it. Sterling gets abuse from tabloids but the FA don’t protect him?

The Football Association has offered its support to Raheem Sterling after the England forward got a tattoo of a gun on his right leg.

The Manchester City player, 23, said the tattoo had a "deeper meaning"after criticism from anti-gun campaigners.

Sterling said on Instagram it reflected a vow to "never touch a gun" after his father was shot dead when he was a boy.

An FA spokesperson said: "We all support Sterling and acknowledge the honest and heartfelt account he gave."

The statement added: "He and the rest of the squad are focused solely on preparing for the forthcoming World Cup."

According to previous reports, Sterling's father was killed in Kingston, Jamaica.

Sterling, who will travel to Russia this summer as part of England's World Cup squad, first revealed his tattoo in a photo posted to Instagram of himself training with team-mates at St George's Park.

1 minute ago, Poznan34 said:

Those instances are everyday things reported negatively, obviously bad. But getting a massive tattoo of an assault rifle in a visible place right before the World Cup is obviously going to cause a stir. It's not correct to lump it in with the rest imo as this is actually noteworthy (especially considering the current climate around gun crime and the fact he's a role model to kids). 

i read somewhere he got the tattoo earlier this year but the papers have carefully chosen to highlight it now...

1 hour ago, SuperMike said:

14-1 Leicester to be relegated. Look generous odds if Puel still at the helm.

Might try £20 on that one.

Ah yeah, the man that has never suffered relegation. Okay.

If we do get relegated it'll be down to the instability (sacking a manager, then sacking another one and if we are indeed bottom three in October then Puel will be gone too) and the fact we lose good players and don't replace them with good players.

Edited by Fox92

:blink: I'm guessing the Porto fans are really, really unhappy right about now. Did we get the better RB? Odd than Man U wasn't even rumoured to be in for Pereira, although I probably wouldn't trust the judgement of their recruitment team.

47 minutes ago, Corky said:

What did Sterling actually do in the first place to warrant all this attention about his house, breakfast, tattoo, his Mum's house and where he shops?

Nobody knows which is the most bizarre thing about it all. I'd somewhat get it if he had done bad things like our own Simpson & Vardy but he's a soft spoken fella who doesn't bother anyone. Even on the pitch he's not a pr!ck like many players are.

Edited by Koke

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

I don't "hate" Sterling but it's about time he grew up. Says the tattoo is something to do with his father. Strange that as he was only 2 when his Dad died.

He behaves pretty normally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperMike said:

14-1 Leicester to be relegated. Look generous odds if Puel still at the helm.

Might try £20 on that one.

No value at that price. Puel's job was already in jeopardy so first sniff of a relegation battle and he's gone. We know our boys tend to have an excellent new manager bounce which will likely guarantee safety.

27 minutes ago, brucey said:

:blink: I'm guessing the Porto fans are really, really unhappy right about now. Did we get the better RB? Odd than Man U wasn't even rumoured to be in for Pereira, although I probably wouldn't trust the judgement of their recruitment team.

Dalot is 19 and their brightest defensive prospect right now. But can you see a 19-year old start over Ashley Young or Antonio "Beast" Valencia next season?

Could come good in two, three years. Until then, we've made the better (short-term) deal.

Porto fans still hope Dalot signs a new contract, which would delay the inevitable for a couple more years.

Other than that, yes - they are furious. About to lose two of their three right-backs in the space of a few weeks...

Edited by MC Prussian

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

I know.  How dare he still feel a link to his dead father?  Man up eh?  X

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Koke said:

Nobody knows which is the most bizarre thing about it all. I'd somewhat get it if he had done bad things like our own Simpson & Vardy but he's a soft spoken fella who doesn't bother anyone. Even on the pitch he's not a pr!ck like many players are.

I think the fact he is black and successful probably winds up certain tabloids.  Shame really as he is a great player.  X

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, brucey said:

I'd be livid if I was them. Premier League clubs just picking away at will at their best talent.

When will Telles and Brahimi leave?

59 minutes ago, Koke said:

Wouldn't agree with the last sentence. He's a horrific, cheating, diving little wimp of a shit. 

Him and Lallana single handedly make a mockery of the "foreign players diving" England fan stereotype. 

Two of the most objectionable little ***** in the league. 

And before you start with the predictable Jamie Vardy stuff, there's drawing a foul (notice I'm not complaining about Eden Hazard who is probably the most fouled player in the solar system) and then there's collapsing on the ground, rolling around and having a tantrum every time someone over five foot eight steps within your personal space. 

Other than that yeah no problem with Sterling tbh. 

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Wouldn't agree with the last sentence. He's a horrific, cheating, diving little wimp of a shit. 

Him and Lallana single handedly make a mockery of the "foreign players diving" England fan stereotype. 

Two of the most objectionable little ***** in the league. 

And before you start with the predictable Jamie Vardy stuff, there's drawing a foul (notice I'm not complaining about Eden Hazard who is probably the most fouled player in the solar system) and then there's collapsing on the ground, rolling around and having a tantrum every time someone over five foot eight steps within your personal space. 

Other than that yeah no problem with Sterling tbh. 

Yeah fair enough, he does dive. Though if diving is his worst on the field offence I'll take that. What I meant by him not being a cvnt is him not being Eric Dier or Dele Alli and those types.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Yeah fair enough, he does dive. Though if diving is his worst on the field offence I'll take that. What I meant by him not being a cvnt is him not being Eric Dier or Dele Alli and those types.

Has Dier done that much apart from being an absolute clogger on the pitch?